Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Big Bucks!

Old 12-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!-49146_500973573_4313498_n-1-.jpg

Big Bucks!-156978_10150129840193574_500973573_7975849_7194829_s-1-.jpg

If these pics upload correctly, you should see the deer of Ryan Cox of Eagleville MO. This buck was taken North of where my lease is, a couple miles. My daughter sent me pics the night Ryan killed this deer that she took in his garage as it was being scored, and a raw score of 236.
He was officially measured by Buck Masters yesterday, after the 17 day drying period at 232 7/8. Ryan had trail cam pics of this deer before rifle season.
I keep tellin people there are good deer here, even though no one hunting with me has taken one over 170, they are here. Three out of four hunters took deer this year, a couple of 135's and a 150+ and they went home happy. Last Sun. bucks being out of season of coarse, I walked within 30 yds and could have killed one that was an easy 180, while lookin for does to kill. I am looking forward to the Dec. 18 start of muzzleloader season, so I can try for this deer myself if no serious hunters want to come hunting. If anyone does want to hunt big deer in a great location, contact me here.

I have plenty of room for bow and muzz hunters, and have seen large deer in the past few days that need killin. Ryans buck is now the #6th largest ever taken in MO. I think numbers 1-5 are around here somewhere!

Still seeing plenty of deer and mostly bucks. Snow on the ground now and hopefully through next Saturday, the opening day of muzzleloader season. $350. gets you 1-5 days of hunting, with muzzleloader or bow.

Update on above deer scores, got the official scores on those deer my lease partners killed in regular rifle season. 13 point scored 160, 8 point, 140, 10 point,151. Started a guy from Alaska hunting this morning on my lease with a muzzleloader, and it's getting that time of evening when I could hear good news any minute. Hope he's having a good day. Still have plenty of time left to bowhunt, if anyone is interested. 3-5 day hunt $350.

Last edited by turkey guide; 12-18-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-03-2010, 04:20 AM
PHA
Fork Horn

That is a tremendous buck. Hopefully he spread some of his genetics down your way too. Sounds like your hunters did well - nothing wrong with mid-130 - 150 deer. How many acres is your lease?
Old 12-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

400 acres, hardwood ridges and drainages to a central creek that runs through. Same creek, same ridge that runs to where the big one was taken. It could have as easily been on my place, but it was'nt this time.

Another tremendous deer taken here this year, was taken with a bow by a local woman, Brandi Ury, of Eagleville. You can see her pics, and more of Ryans too, by searching by name on facebook. Brandi was very happy with her buck and showed me pics one night on her phone, but she has much better ones on facebook.

Last edited by turkey guide; 12-04-2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: add content