Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Warning outfitter

Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Spike

This is at least the 3rd time I have seen this posting since I joined. HuntingNet.com should send me up there on a hunt, all expenses paid, to get to the bottom of this...then, when I come back, I will let US ALL know whether this is a great hunt, a nut job, or just someone whom is bored and keeps putting a posting up about this outfitter...HuntingNet.com staff...I am available to research this anytime except for the week of October 25-30 as I will be in Ontario deer hunting! With my job, I can probably escape with little or no notice. I promise an objective and unbias report! Contact me if you would like to take me up on this offer.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by LuckyChucky
I have just returned from Canada hunting with Delorme Outfitters for my 7th time,and believe me I am one of the first people to say you don't know someone til you hunt with them! Although they are not the most professional outfit in the world it gives more of a comfortable and personal feel.I have had several experiences to contradict the post i have seen on this site.I have been guided to shoot small deer and was held responsible for my deer ,which i expected to be...when you pull the trigger and kill,it is your deer,NEVER have i seen a deer "left" because of ground shrinkage.I have taken several hunters there with me and have seen satisfied as well as not satisfied hunters,but all were there in fair chase and given the chance to kill huge deer.On the most recent trip i hunted with a hunter that was present when the hunter was awoken by Leon Delorme with punches,and he told a totally different story of the hunter being loudly vocal because of the hotter that normal circumstances in Canada,and therefore not many deer were seen.I can tell you ,noone is responsible for the weather,especially Leon.I can say for CERTAIN! that he does not shoot on land that he does not have permission to shoot on.The Native Americans have different privelages than provincial people in Canada.I think that anyone who hunts knows that you just can't please everyone,and you see a different person when you hunt with them.I can only say that I have had great experiences at Delorme Outfitters and would NEVER think of going anywhere else to hunt huge deer.Oh ,by the way there is a limit that Canada puts on animals taken from there and you can't fool customs.Also i have always been in the stand before daylight and was told to bring walkie talkies to communicate with the guide in case of early kill and have never personally experienced any problems of being left too late in my stand.I am sad to say that the remarks of a crybaby online has deterred one of my friends from making the trip with me next year to Leon's place...my advice to him is don't believe everything you read!In closing i want to say that nowhere else on earth can you take a monster deer like in Meadow Lake ,Saskatchewan,and Delorme Outfitters has always gone through what i think is a lil' extra to make sure you get a good animal.And to confirm,Leon's dad is a very good man and him and Leon searched for almost 5 days for a deer that we found blood from and covered literally miles and even after we had returned they searched for this animal,so i don't believe the hunter who says they give no effort in recovering an animal...we trailed for 4 hours to find one of mine,and needed assistance from coyotes and birds then.This is my side of the story!!!OH YEAH...i got a 12 point typical and an old 11 pointer!!!!!

As I keep an eye on this forum looking to see if Leons family post responces i believe this to be one. This guy has hunted with Leon for the last 7 years and this is his first post and decides now to get on the forum. If you had a great hunt good for you, what kind of hunter are you anyway going to the same place 7 years in a row to sit in a box in sept. and shoot 2 deer for $7500. Something doesnt make sence, you say that there was someone with you while I was there. I know the 3 other people that were in the house that morning Leon showed up at 4am and woke me up threatening to kill me and taking a swing at me and those 3 people have not left the country and would never go there again, 2 of them gave up there deposits for last year to go back in December in fear of Leon.

Again I will make the following statements dont believe anything I say..... CALL the Meadow Lake Mounties and ask for youself. If you need the number send me an email and I will provide it.

Please do your homework before going to any outfitter. Yes You might have a good time ther or you might get woken up at 4am you have to make your own decision.

Also this has been the only time I have ever put up a negative thing about any outfitter. And I travel every year and have had no other problems.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Spike

So if you complain about the weather, it is acceptable to be woken up with punches from your guide/ outfitter? No thanks.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by deedman
So if you complain about the weather, it is acceptable to be woken up with punches from your guide/ outfitter? No thanks.
Just to keep it clear, we were not upset with the weather, we new the weather would be hot, we were told they would do everthing they could to get us a deer. What we got was guides showing up late in the morning, being picked up hours after we were told, not fun when its 80 at 10am and the bugs are eating you alive, being put in broken tree stands and having to sit on the ground with 1000 red ants eating up. Guide shows up after you shot a bear with no flahlight or knife or shotgun, fun trail with 2 rifles with scopes and a pen light. Food was great though so if your looking for good food and a nice cabin maybe a punch in the face at 4 am would be a good trade off. You have fun Im going to Iowa
Old 10-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 68 impala
Heard Leon had a heart Attack last weekend at the age of 33 I guess you can only Do steroids and coke so long Reservation hunting as long as you stay on the reserve has no rules so good luck oh by the way if they take you off the reserve you can and will be charged for hunting without a licence
i have heard the same thing about his heart attack
Old 10-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Why would ANY hunter even think of booking with ANY OUTFITTER that has any questionable issues...
enough said.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:43 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Interesting. Today in Petersen's Hunting mag I saw picture of a very well-known hunter with their sign behind him. He was on a bear hunt.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:55 AM
Spike

I also took my father to delorme outfitters and had similiar results, Leons father Ed was a stand up guy very friendly but left the day we got in , we were told 2 deer for the money we paid , after dad got one ,we went out in the morning, then we were confronted and told it would be another thousand dollars to be paid right away,even if he didnt shoot again, it was for the liscence,and was not negotiable, being in the middle of nowhere, it was an uncomfortable situation to say the least, they also told me they would have a guide with my dad at all times as he is getting up there in age , this did not happen , it was one guide who dropped us off in seperate stands and left,the guide we had was not happy with the circumstances of our hunt at all ,and packed his stuff up and left the camp at the same time we did, it was nothing like we were promised we did see alot of nice deer but the extra costs for no reason are not worth it and would not recomend this outfitter to anyone
Old 11-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Spike

Exclamation Whos this his wife

Originally Posted by yukongirl
Well I have heard this story an alot of others. I personally have never went onto this peticular forum but read what this man and others had to say. I know the whole story and he has left alot out, why I dont understand because he could have wrote a book. First of all the motherinlaw indicated in this thread happens to be of german decent, and so on that note was not on a indian reservation as quoted was on here own farm land in her own house. This was for your comfort of a beautiful stay instead of ruffing it like other lodges. Wih great food and good people. She was not ease dropping, this man had a big mouth talking loud for the world to hear, and happen to be one of the most racisit people we have ever encountered. Im amazed from how he talked to the guides and talked in her home even to her face that he wasnt ask to leave from the get go but only a few days before the hunt was over. He had a group with him plus another group was there also listening to the BS he was talking. Leon was not around because he was at his home guiding and entertaining the rest of the hunters like the way he was suppose to be, can't be in two places at once or you could be Huddie. I will not stoop to this man level and repeat the garbage but to clarify was not staying with abjoriginal natives (proper terminalogy) they were germans and was not on native land staying for his comfort but regular farming land, and did get woke up to leave the lodge for the insults that were directed at the motherinlaw and Delorme Outfitters. He could have kicked the **** of of him but didnt even though this man happen to be a big football player who was all talk. No one else from his group got the attention like this man but they all left together because they had their own transporation. So on that note alot of stuff has been stired because of one racisit dude starting this, but no complaints but excellent service to this date while I have been here, I talk and mingle and is very liked by all and this I know the food is excellent and everyone is made welcome and it feels just like home. All is welcome thousand od people hunt and there i only a few bad comments, don't let it stop what experiance you could have in Saskatchewan at Delorme Outfitters who is still in operation and alot of big game has been coming out, I seen and have alot of pictures to prove what I am saying. On another note we only have Leons lodge now and the hunters have their own area to talk and mingle with eachother so no ease dropping will take place, lol way too funny unless someone has super sonic hearing. Thank you and have a pleasent day!

Wow by the spelling and grammer I will guess that the author of this quote is a member of Leons Family. If you could read you would have seen that I stated the lodge and the food were actually very nice and that is the end of the compliments. As for Leon he was tending to the rest of the guest road hunting illegal game. In addition all the hunters who shot game and paid extra money one year later have still not received there animals. Many attempts to contact Leon who could be dead for all I know have been unsuccessful. In addition I am not or have ever been a 170lb football player, and if we werent in northern saskachewan in the middle of the woods not knowing who was outside waiting for us when Leon woke us up at 3 am ranting like a man high on crack we would have kick the **** out of him right there in front of his eaves dropping mother in law. Instead we just left. As for being a racist well if you like being left in the woods for hours after you were suppose to be picked up and the guides drive you around for hours in the woods and run out of gas and you complain, well I guess that makes me a racist.

I will continue to post everywhere I can in order to keep as many people from getting ripped off.

Again please call fish and game in Meadow Lake SK and ask them about Leon Delorme you will get an earfull.

And if you are reading this Leon, jump on a plane and come out of hiding on your Idian reservation where no one can touch you and come over to the usa and well see what happens then.

Oh and by the way his website was repossesed for non payment

Last edited by scooter0129; 11-19-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by yukongirl
Well I have heard this story an alot of others. I personally have never went onto this peticular forum but read what this man and others had to say. I know the whole story and he has left alot out, why I dont understand because he could have wrote a book. First of all the motherinlaw indicated in this thread happens to be of german decent, and so on that note was not on a indian reservation as quoted was on here own farm land in her own house. This was for your comfort of a beautiful stay instead of ruffing it like other lodges. Wih great food and good people. She was not ease dropping, this man had a big mouth talking loud for the world to hear, and happen to be one of the most racisit people we have ever encountered. Im amazed from how he talked to the guides and talked in her home even to her face that he wasnt ask to leave from the get go but only a few days before the hunt was over. He had a group with him plus another group was there also listening to the BS he was talking. Leon was not around because he was at his home guiding and entertaining the rest of the hunters like the way he was suppose to be, can't be in two places at once or you could be Huddie. I will not stoop to this man level and repeat the garbage but to clarify was not staying with abjoriginal natives (proper terminalogy) they were germans and was not on native land staying for his comfort but regular farming land, and did get woke up to leave the lodge for the insults that were directed at the motherinlaw and Delorme Outfitters. He could have kicked the **** of of him but didnt even though this man happen to be a big football player who was all talk. No one else from his group got the attention like this man but they all left together because they had their own transporation. So on that note alot of stuff has been stired because of one racisit dude starting this, but no complaints but excellent service to this date while I have been here, I talk and mingle and is very liked by all and this I know the food is excellent and everyone is made welcome and it feels just like home. All is welcome thousand od people hunt and there i only a few bad comments, don't let it stop what experiance you could have in Saskatchewan at Delorme Outfitters who is still in operation and alot of big game has been coming out, I seen and have alot of pictures to prove what I am saying. On another note we only have Leons lodge now and the hunters have their own area to talk and mingle with eachother so no ease dropping will take place, lol way too funny unless someone has super sonic hearing. Thank you and have a pleasent day!
must be his wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.