Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Warning outfitter

Old 02-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Spike

No problem hunting off the reserve around here!

It is legal you know, just need to purchase a license.

Only benefit for hunting on-reserve is that it is private land and there are no hunters all over the place.

Last edited by bushdoe; 02-14-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Spike

Angry Delorme Outfitters

I just did a search for Delorme Outfitters wondering if it was still in business and came upon your forum.I read all the post's and feel I must respond with my own first hand account.
Back in 2004 I lead a group of 3 hunters who were enticed by Leon's 2 buck limit due to it being conducted on 2 different reservation lands.After numerous communications with Leon fielding all of my questions , one being"how many hunters would be in camp the week of our hunt"? his answer was "9, your group of 3 on one res. and a group of 6 on another res".Upon arrival I soon discovered there were 26 clients in camp including Bill Jordan and his film crew.Kind of disheartning on your first day you know you have been lied to.This theme would continue for the duration of the hunt.The negative post's about this operation are spot on and I could go on and on if someone wants to hear the whole story I will continue.PLEASE AVOID THIS OUTFITTER.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by snake5970
I just did a search for Delorme Outfitters wondering if it was still in business and came upon your forum.I read all the post's and feel I must respond with my own first hand account.
Back in 2004 I lead a group of 3 hunters who were enticed by Leon's 2 buck limit due to it being conducted on 2 different reservation lands.After numerous communications with Leon fielding all of my questions , one being"how many hunters would be in camp the week of our hunt"? his answer was "9, your group of 3 on one res. and a group of 6 on another res".Upon arrival I soon discovered there were 26 clients in camp including Bill Jordan and his film crew.Kind of disheartning on your first day you know you have been lied to.This theme would continue for the duration of the hunt.The negative post's about this operation are spot on and I could go on and on if someone wants to hear the whole story I will continue.PLEASE AVOID THIS OUTFITTER.
Bill Jordan was hunting at this place and it's a train wreck as you all claim? Come on man, I was born at night but not last night. Something seems aweful fishy with this story...
Old 03-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Spike

Default Fishy

The only thing fishy about this is the outfitter. Just because I mention Bill Jordan doesn't mean a thing. I was curious to see Jordan's episode on this outfitter, funny thing is it never aired.......I wonder why????? To give you an idea of how bad our hunt was, I would not return for a $4000. hunt if he sold to me for $100. Don't believe me, then BEWARE.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Camosteel
Bill Jordan was hunting at this place and it's a train wreck as you all claim? Come on man, I was born at night but not last night. Something seems aweful fishy with this story...
I know nothing of this outfit but was just reading through, I seen you mention of Bill Jordan and just to let you know just because these guys are on TV does not make the place they hunt a gold mine.. A good friend ran into mr. Jordan at a local gas station and chatted with him for a few minutes, jordan went on to tell him that he in town to film a deer hunt in the snow--my buddy ask where abouts and he gave him the name of the outfit, the funny part is that this place is a high fenced range that only has like 100 acres of land... You can take your family and see these deer all summer long.. In a nut shell don't rate a place just because someone that is so-called famous has hunted there..
Old 05-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Spike

Just checking in on this thread and am happy to hear it may have save someones money. Just an update a few of the guys that had double booked an early hunt and a dec hunt did go back and had an ok time and shot deer, unfortunatly Leon Delorme took there money and kept there deer and no one has heard from him since January. As for Bill Jordan , one of the guys I hunted with hounded Real Tree and got a call back from one of Jorden assistants and then from Bill Himself, in short Bill said that he hasnt hunted there in years and when he did go he hunted with Leons father who I hear is a stand up Guy????? So in short dont believe what you here here call the local mounties in Meadow lake sk and find out for yourself. They will give you an ear full.

PS stay in the states support your local outfitters.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Spike

Unhappy Bad Experience with Leon Delorme and Sask. DEP

I hunted with DeLorme Outfitters some years back. I paid a fee to hunt with them and harvest TWO deer.
On my first day with them, I harvested my first deer. On the second day, i was taken to a stand near a field...and at almost dusk, I shot my second deer. They could not find the deer, even though I knew I hit him and HE WAS A MONSTER BUCK. They supposedly looked for him "extensively", but told me the deer could not be found....On the third day, they took me to another spot and told me to harvest my "2nd" deer..even though I was iffy about it...since I had hopes of finding the monster from the night before. So, i went ahead, and was lucky enough to kill yet another deer.
After harvesting the "2nd" deer....i was "done" hunting. That night, Leon approached me and asked me for an extra $1,500. When I asked him what it was for, he said that I had "killed" 3 deer, and the extra charge was for the "third" deer. I told him to show me the 3 deer I had killed. He said that they "would definetely find" the monster I had shot at in the field...however, no deer was produced and I told Leon that I would NOT pay him the extra fee for a deer he could not produce. He was very agressive, but not agressive enough for me. I was not, and still not afraid of Leon Delorme. He's definetely high on something, and his attitude speaks volumes of it. He issues threats to me, but i still did not pay him the extra fee for a deer that he could not produce. To say the least, things got pretty ugly..really fast...his father got involved and things calm down...I left Saskatchewan the next morning. Leon was lucky he did nothing, because if he did...things would have turned pretty bad for all of us. He seems to be the leader of a pretty tight gang of thugs. However, my principles and martial art expertise did not allow him to bully me like he does everyone else.
Months latter, to my surprise; he took two deer to the taxidermist for with my name. I had definetely killed a nice ten pointer, and another weird rack with double main beams. When the taxidermist called me, he said he had two deer, but no a double main deer. Leon actually took my first deer, and the deer they could not find
(170+ class buck). I tried calling Leon to no avail. I finally got thru to his dad, and he said that Leon had taken the two "biggest" deer to the taxidermist...if I wanted the 3rd deer (the double main beam one)..I had to pay the $1,500 fee. I was quite upset, since I only saw the big one on the hoof...and it was imposible for me to know if the deer taken to the taxidermist was the one I shot at.
Anyway, I told the taxidermist to mount both deer.

Some months latter, I was contacted by the SASKATCHEWAN DEP and was advised that my MONSTER BUCK had been reposessed by them. To make a real long story short..they claimed; after many conversations..that the deer was shot on NON-INDIAN-PRESERVE-LAND...thus, making it illegal.

HOW THE HELL ARE HUNTERS SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHERE LEON IS TAKING THEM?...he puts you on a hut stand...and you don't even know where you are....The warden is not being fair to me....

Now, they have a case against Leon Delorme....according to a recent phone call I got from the warden....they are trying to get my double main beam deer..without luck....and they have a group of hunters with similar situations....they have charged Leon with lots of hunting related issues....and NEED OUR HELP TO CONVICT HIM...

I know Leon is not good, and has been screwing people for a real long time.....I have a deceased friend that never got all the deer he shot at DeLorme's outfitters....he past away, so I guess Leon can keep his damn deer....my friend won't be needing them anymore....

Now, why should I help the DEP when they're not helping me...they have a deer mounted that I SHOT.....in preserve land or not...its not my problem...how the hell am I supposed to know where I was...the DEP agrees with that, but will not release my deer to me under any circumstances...
Im iffy if to help them convict Leon or not....I've asked them to give me the other screwed hunters phone numbers to speak to them and see what we should do as americans.
I feel cheated by Leon and by the SASKATCHEWAN DEP....if any of you out there feel the same way....let me know....we can talk....
I want my 2nd deer that the DEP has....they will never find the double main beam Leon has in his posession...so, release my big buck, and I might consider helping out....
Old 07-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Spike

The original question was, does anyone remember this posting. Yes, I do. Early this year and last year. I paid attention to it because I was considering a hunt up there with this guy. I have talked to outfitters in SK, MB, and Ontario, and the ones whom have heard of Delorme all either refuse to comment or tell me that my money would be better spent elsewhere...that being said by numerous "friends" in Canada, I have opted not to hunt there. It may be a great place to hunt, but, then again, it may not...with today's economy, I am only going to spend my money where I feel I will get the best deal without added stresses....I take these trips to relax and get away from everyday stresses here!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Robbi
The original question was, does anyone remember this posting. Yes, I do. Early this year and last year. I paid attention to it because I was considering a hunt up there with this guy. I have talked to outfitters in SK, MB, and Ontario, and the ones whom have heard of Delorme all either refuse to comment or tell me that my money would be better spent elsewhere...that being said by numerous "friends" in Canada, I have opted not to hunt there. It may be a great place to hunt, but, then again, it may not...with today's economy, I am only going to spend my money where I feel I will get the best deal without added stresses....I take these trips to relax and get away from everyday stresses here!
If you want a honest quality Canadian deer hunt contact me.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by scooter0129
I just returned from a early season deer hunt in Meadow Lake Saskachewan with DELORME OUTFITTERS. Please heed this warning and avoid this outfitter. The owner Leon Delorme a native indian is not stable and will throw you out if your not happy with what they do there. It starts with guides that have no clue and are just taxi drivers. They were late to pick us up every day including getting in our stands after sun up, walking out of stands at 11am to meet them as they requested and them not showing up till 12:45. Taking me on a 2 hour ride into the bush to call for moose and elk and realizing they have no gas and having to turn around without ever hunting. Driving out to a stand and finding another hunter already there. Then you must be carefull what you say at the lodge as it is his motherinlaws house. She sits in her room in the back and listens to everything you say and then tells the owner Leon. Upon telling the rest of our guys we booked a earlier flight the next day we were hostily woken up at 5am to a crazy owner yelling at us threatening to kill us and taking a swing at me while we were still in bed. Normally we would have kick the **** out of him but wiser minds thought about where we were on an indian reservation in canada, who knows who was down stairs or waiting for us out side so we just left and caught an ealier flight. PPPLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEE do not book a hunt at DELORME OUTFITTERS MEADOW LAKE SAKACHEWAN
I have just returned from Canada hunting with Delorme Outfitters for my 7th time,and believe me I am one of the first people to say you don't know someone til you hunt with them! Although they are not the most professional outfit in the world it gives more of a comfortable and personal feel.I have had several experiences to contradict the post i have seen on this site.I have been guided to shoot small deer and was held responsible for my deer ,which i expected to be...when you pull the trigger and kill,it is your deer,NEVER have i seen a deer "left" because of ground shrinkage.I have taken several hunters there with me and have seen satisfied as well as not satisfied hunters,but all were there in fair chase and given the chance to kill huge deer.On the most recent trip i hunted with a hunter that was present when the hunter was awoken by Leon Delorme with punches,and he told a totally different story of the hunter being loudly vocal because of the hotter that normal circumstances in Canada,and therefore not many deer were seen.I can tell you ,noone is responsible for the weather,especially Leon.I can say for CERTAIN! that he does not shoot on land that he does not have permission to shoot on.The Native Americans have different privelages than provincial people in Canada.I think that anyone who hunts knows that you just can't please everyone,and you see a different person when you hunt with them.I can only say that I have had great experiences at Delorme Outfitters and would NEVER think of going anywhere else to hunt huge deer.Oh ,by the way there is a limit that Canada puts on animals taken from there and you can't fool customs.Also i have always been in the stand before daylight and was told to bring walkie talkies to communicate with the guide in case of early kill and have never personally experienced any problems of being left too late in my stand.I am sad to say that the remarks of a crybaby online has deterred one of my friends from making the trip with me next year to Leon's place...my advice to him is don't believe everything you read!In closing i want to say that nowhere else on earth can you take a monster deer like in Meadow Lake ,Saskatchewan,and Delorme Outfitters has always gone through what i think is a lil' extra to make sure you get a good animal.And to confirm,Leon's dad is a very good man and him and Leon searched for almost 5 days for a deer that we found blood from and covered literally miles and even after we had returned they searched for this animal,so i don't believe the hunter who says they give no effort in recovering an animal...we trailed for 4 hours to find one of mine,and needed assistance from coyotes and birds then.This is my side of the story!!!OH YEAH...i got a 12 point typical and an old 11 pointer!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.