Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Booking hunts thru Cabelas >

Booking hunts thru Cabelas

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Booking hunts thru Cabelas

Old 02-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Spike

Default Booking hunts thru Cabelas

Hi all,

I'm am looking into booking an antelpoe hunt for 2009 and was curious if there is anyone out there that has used "Cabelas Outdoor Adventuures" to book a hunt.If so can you please shareyour experiances.

Is this method of booking a hunt recomended over doing the research yourself?

Thanks
Old 02-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Spike

Default RE: Booking hunts thru Cabelas

I booked with them back in 02 for an antelope trip. I was advised to go thru them from my taxidermist. His words were "you buy their stuff and you never have any problems and if you do you know you have an avenue of recorse" So I booked with them. I called and got a guy named Ed Beattie. Very knowledgeable. He not only was an outdoor consultant for Cabelas but he was also an outfitter for them as well. His camp was called 5 star expeditions. We hunted in Wy near a town called buffalo. landed in sheridan he picked us up at the airport etc. First rate hunt all the way. I was looking to go back this past year and called them again. No issues on their end...issues on my end. The guys who wanted to go started balking when the deposits needed to be in so we didnt go. I would do it again and I will do it again. Yes its probably a bit more money for a speed goat hunt than you can find on your own or else where but ask yourself...Is $2000 and a great trip more than 1700 and a crappy one?? BTW if this is your first time west a lot of guys will tell you that you can do it on your own and they're right but for your first time its a greeat hunt and a great time and a bargin I thought...Hope this helps

Sab
Old 02-15-2009, 04:57 AM
Spike

Hi,
I am an outdoor consultant for a company called Outdoor Connection. Cabela's is a great company but you may find that booking thru me will be more personal. We work with over 300 preinspected destinations around the world, and just like the other post said you have an avenue of recourse. I am here to help anytime you want!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

I am a booking consultant that strictly takes care of Colorado and have nothing but good things to sayabout the people at Cabelas. I am hoping that everyone in this business conducts themselves the same way, with ethics and integrity being upfront. It is my opinion that when coming out for the first time on a western big game hunt, it is always best to look into the use of a guide or outfitter. You will gain alot of knowledge from these individuals which can take you along ways when youdecide to come out on your own in the future. I would recommend that you use a booking service, Cabelas or someone else, and let them take you through the process and if everyone is doing their job and mother nature cooperates, you should come away with a great animal and some fantastic memories. Hope this helps. Thanks and good hunting.

Dennis Hurrell
Colorado Outdoor Adventures
719-390-5509 home
719-232-0085 cell
[email protected]
www.colorado-adventures.com