Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 looking to plan a hunt for next year, need advice >

looking to plan a hunt for next year, need advice

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

looking to plan a hunt for next year, need advice

Old 09-27-2008, 07:27 PM

Default looking to plan a hunt for next year, need advice

my dad and i are wanting to take a hunt next year. we are thinking about going into canada, at the moment. we are looking to get a chance at some great whitetails, mule, or something bigger than we have here in ga. i have taken two very nice bucks for our part of ga, a 210 pounds, 23 1/4" outside and a 200 lb, 17 3/4", both of which i harvested at spots my dadsaid i should give a try. he gets nice bucks every year, but nothing like what he has helped me to come home with. i would love to see him bag a really nice buck. we also wanna do some fishing and site seeing or something. so, what do you recommend?
Old 09-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: looking to plan a hunt for next year, need advice

How about Black Bear in Maine + fishing?

Spruce Mountain Lodge

www.sprucemtn.com

Old 09-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Spike

We have some big whitetails here in Ontario.
Average buck taken is 200-250 lbs. References avaliable.
Mid-day fall fishing forwalleye, crappie, northern. Fishing is top in the fall on Lake Of The Wood's.

Also have bear tag's, wolf. My web-site is www.firstnationguides.com

Need more info just let me know

Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

We can set you and your dad up on a very good quality whitetail hunt in Alberta.

Our whitetail deer hunting zone is a mix of agricultural land and forest in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Prior to your hunt, the area will have been scouted and tree stands and ground blinds put into place. These stands and blinds are primarily located in a forest of deciduous and coniferous trees with many cut-blocks and pipelines. You can expect to see whitetail deer in the 140-180+ point range. We average a buck per year over 190 points. Our goal is to try and harvest bucks 150+ in size.

Whitetail Bowhunts
Whitetail bowhunts run August 25th to September 16th. This time of the year the bucks are in their bachelor groups and are very easy to pattern. We can take up to four hunters per week on this 2 on 1 hunt. We be bowhunting the big whitetail deer over grain and alfalfa fields on private land.

Whitetail Rifle Hunts
The rifle whitetail hunts are in November when the bucks are in the rut. We hunt by calling, rattling, and stand hunting. We hunt close to the doe herds, as the bucks will travel large areas in search of hot does. Because of the lack of hunting pressure and the heat of rut, the bucks will move all day in search of does. We have our hunters hunt all day so as to maximize their hunting time and increase their success rate. We use good equipment and quality stands to ensure our hunters remain warm and comfortable during their hunt.

whitetail hunting references
available

Whitetail Deer Hunting Dates & Costs:

Our Bow and Rifle hunts are six-days running Monday - Saturday, with arrival and departure on Sunday.
Whitetail Bowhunts:
• 2 on 1 Whitetail bow hunt: $3,200 plus $390 for licenses
Whitetail Rifle Hunts:
• 2 on 1 Whitetail rifle hunt: $4,900 plus $390 for licenses.

Hunt Cost Includes:

• Transportation to and from Grande Prairie
• Guiding services during the hunt
• Transportation, Food & Lodging during the hunt
• Skinning and salting of trophies
• Wolf Licence

Not Included with the Hunt:

• Air Transportation
• Meals & accommodations on "non-hunting" days
• Taxidermy, shipping of trophies
• Alcohol
• Weapons & ammunition
• Gratuities
• 3% Goods & Services Tax

Call toll free: 1-877-647-9926 or email [email protected]

Old 10-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

How about trophy mule deer here in Colorado? Let me know.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:12 PM

I have hunted in southern Alberta for Mule Deer with Sundown Outfitting "Frank Wesley" and I am going back this year to hunt Mule deer and Whitetail. He only takes 4 guys in camp each week " Rifle Hunt" he is a very honest person who cares about the hunter. I have hunt all over USA and Canada.

Last time i was there i took a 170 class mule deer on the 3rd day and a friend of mine from texas took a 201 class muley on the first day. The reason i waited was that a camera crew was in camp and they wanted to film our hunt.I bet i seen at least 100 mule deer and half were bucks scoring from the 140s and up in three days.

Good luck, Mike Tex

Old 10-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

Check out Triplecreekoutfitter.com. I've hunted with Richard several times and have never been disappointed. I hope to add another buck to his trophy gallery page next month.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Check out www.sagebrushhunts.com We offer big whitetail or mule deer hunts in Kansas and Colorado. Or for something different antelope hunts in Texas or Colorado.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Spike

how about a black bear hunt in northern ont. canada. Check us out we have lots of hunting or fishing possibilites.

Andy

www.abitibioutfitters.com
Old 10-10-2008, 08:57 AM

No where near Canada, but can offer great hunting here in Kansas, check out my web-site.

www.hankeshunts.com

Quick Reply: looking to plan a hunt for next year, need advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.