HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunts/Outfitters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitters-57/)
-   -   Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitters/231459-anyone-hunted-imb-outfitters-missouri.html)

hatcher88 02-08-2008 06:06 PM

Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri?

Hi, me a group of guys are in the process of booking a hunt with IMB Missouri and I was just wondering if anyone has had good/bad experiences with this outfitter...seem like nice guys but if I could here it from someone else that would be a lot of help...thanks

[/align]

SJAdventures 02-08-2008 09:45 PM

RE: Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri?

I found these 2 reviews for 2 recent huntswith them.

http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=116 6143084
http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=118 3403056

And thereare several reviews on them at this page.

http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?outfitter_search=IMB&st ate_filter=&submit_action=Go

Combat_Gerbil 02-09-2008 08:46 AM

I have hunted with them and was very satisfied with the number of deer that I saw. Out of five days of hunting, I only saw one borderline shooter. I also know others that have hunted with them and they saw some things that were very questionable as far as ethics go. Follow your gut instinct. I know that there are some folks that you just please, but I think that IMB has become too big for their britches because of the number of hunters that they book each year which has led to a ratio of 3x1 hunter/guide. Not the kind of ratio I want. This is just my opinion and, who knows, maybe you will have a great time. I can think of a few other outfitters that are smaller and would be a better hunt. Especially for the cost. Like I said, just my opinion.

hatcher88 02-09-2008 12:51 PM

well I appreciate your honesty...and im guessing that you would not recommend me goin there right...see they are running a special for the muzzleloader season and I got about 12 guys goin and they are letting us go and hunt for about 1300 dollars which is very reasonable but still a lot of money to spend if I am not going to be satisfied. The guy we talked to told us that as long as we hunt smart we should do pretty well. He said with 12 of us goin he would give us a couple of thousand acres to choose stands from

Spysar 02-09-2008 01:14 PM

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=573417&highlight=IMB

midwestxpress 02-09-2008 01:39 PM

Don't do it!

Combat_Gerbil 02-09-2008 01:55 PM

If you have read the threads on AT, then that should be proof enough. I would not go if I were in your position. That's a lot of cash. Albeit a pretty good price. I have come to the conlusion that so many outfitters will indeed fudge the numbers to get you to book with them, but there are so many others that are as honest as you can get and will do WHATEVER it takes to make the client happy. Even if it means moving stands to get on a deer you want or give your money back in the event that you are not happy(within reason). I am not one to bash folks on public forums because there is plenty of that going around against IMB, but listen to what the people are saying and have an open mind. Good luck!

hatcher88 02-09-2008 02:25 PM

midwestxpress have you had a bad experience with this outfitter or are you just going by the threads posted?

[/align]

hatcher88 02-09-2008 02:27 PM

Combat Gerbil do you have any other outfitters that you could recommend?

[/align]

Combat_Gerbil 02-09-2008 02:29 PM

I do. Are you stuck on going to MO or are you considering another mid-western state?

rsbcon 02-09-2008 04:09 PM

Sent you a P.M.

hatcher88 02-09-2008 04:46 PM

not really, im just looking for either gun or muzzleloader

[/align]

don128 02-10-2008 11:24 AM

Check out Grand River Outfitters in Missouri. Nearly 100% rebook Rate.

midwestxpress 02-10-2008 04:46 PM

I haven't hunted with them personally. But I know what is going on with alot of these guys, they see the easy money and figure once your there they got ya.A friend just had a judge give him a judgement on a lawsuit he filed against an illinois outfitter. So we do have rights when we book a hunt. I stay away from these big guys, reading what I read about where your going, I wouldn't even think about it. Just my 2 cents.

bigangrychicken 02-11-2008 10:03 AM

I've hunted twice with them. They tend to overhunt some of their areas.

deerdust 02-12-2008 03:45 PM

I understand that when someone books a hunt with an outfitter, they expect the very best of hunts. There are many factors that come into play though, such as the unpredictability of the weather(being the biggest factor), crops, pressure on nearby farms, trespassers, etc. The guides have no control over these situations. There are going to be some folks who don't have their dream hunt. That is a given, it is hard to please everyone. I know for a fact the guides with IMB work their tails off to get their clients on game. They do food plots, pre-season scouting, scout while their hunters are in the woods. Adjust stands to get their clients closer to the game. They also work some very late hours tending to tracking, field dressing, and generally taking care of game that has been harvested. Also their guides don't go hunting after they get their clients into the stand, as many outfitters guides do. I also know that they have close to a 100% rebook rate as well. That doesn't come from dissatisfied clients. When you do have someone that is dissatisfied they find a site online and post about their dislikes. Some of those folks actually harvested very good deer, but were upset because they weren't allowed to come back and hunt for free. Some folks consider it a bad hunt just because they didn't harvest a deer. Heck, that is hunting and no one cept the good Lord has control over that. Then you get folks who have heard stories from other folks posting and they get exagerated as they go. Also any of the stories you may read about or hear are generally over blown. Tell me the truth, if you have what you consider to be a bad experience somewhere and you want to tell others, are you not going to make it sound worse that it really was. Because you want to try to send hurt back where you feel your hurt came from. Try telling that to the multitude of hunters who are satisfied each year and do rebook. IMB has over 70,000 acres in 5 states.

If you didn't figure it out, yes, I work for IMB Outfitters. They have been in business for over 10 years and I have worked for them for over 6. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me via PM or email.

Heath, that handle ya got just cracks me up every time I see it. Talk to me buddy, give me a holler.

don128 02-13-2008 06:14 AM

Amen, deerdust

BargainTrophies.com 02-15-2008 09:26 AM

PM and email sent.

- Michael

deerdust 02-15-2008 03:47 PM

On further review of the Huntinfo website, if you read all the reviews, you will see that all are not bad. Such as:
http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=110 4379074
http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=110 4538141
http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=112 6110522
http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=112 9052477

For the most part, what you have posting on a website such as this, is folks who don't think their hunt was up to par. If all of the satisfied clients were to come to that site and post of their hunts and how many years they have been hunting with IMB, I doubt the sites bandwidth could handle it.

BTW- I did a search at huntinfoof some of the other outfitters that either advertise here or have been spoken of throughout Huntingnet. You will find that most any outfitter hassome bad reviews. That doesn't make them bad outfitters. It just means that for one reason or another, someone was dissatisfied, and not always justified in their dissatisfaction. It is just simply their rendition of what happened.

OK I'm done. Thanx for your time.;)

Barto1 02-23-2008 06:20 AM

Could not agree more with you guys more. Paying a guide or outfitter for a hunt is no different than going on a great outdoor vacation! There are no guarantees! So long as the coffee is hot and the beer cold - relax and focus on having a great time! Do that first - and you'll have more successful hunts!!!

public151PY 02-23-2008 11:33 AM

SJAdventures 02-26-2008 08:36 PM

We have an extremely good hunt in MO that has been killing some very big deer but it will cost more than $1,300 and they take a very limited number of hunters on this hunt to ensure the quality of the hunt for years to come.This extremely successfulMO trophy hunt on 12,000 acresthat killed 4 B&C bucks for 2007 but by no means is it a guaranteed hunt in any way.

SJAdventures 02-26-2008 08:50 PM

ORIGINAL: deerdust

On further review of the Huntinfo website, if you read all the reviews, you will see that all are not bad. Such as:
http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=110 4379074
http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=110 4538141
http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=112 6110522
http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=112 9052477

For the most part, what you have posting on a website such as this, is folks who don't think their hunt was up to par. If all of the satisfied clients were to come to that site and post of their hunts and how many years they have been hunting with IMB, I doubt the sites bandwidth could handle it.

BTW- I did a search at huntinfoof some of the other outfitters that either advertise here or have been spoken of throughout Huntingnet. You will find that most any outfitter hassome bad reviews. That doesn't make them bad outfitters. It just means that for one reason or another, someone was dissatisfied, and not always justified in their dissatisfaction. It is just simply their rendition of what happened.

OK I'm done. Thanx for your time.;)
You got that right deerdust, we are just a booking agent and not the actual outfitter but we even get a bad review once in awhile for our most trust worthy outfitters the ones who we know are the real deal 5 star outfitters so it is true that you will not please everyone. But I must admit alsothat so many outfitters have the bad habit of exaggerating the quality of the game they offer. Some of ours will do it and I know many others do it. I just try to be honest with all of our clients on what our outfitters truly can offer regardless of any claims.

public151PY 02-27-2008 04:34 PM

spikesnspurs 02-27-2008 06:21 PM

IF YOUR STILL LOOKING WE HAVE JUST STARTED A NEW OUTFITTER BUIS AND ARE STARTING TO BOOK ARCHERY AND MUZZELLOADER HUNTS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED GO TO OUR WEBSITE www.spikesnspurs.com WE ARE ONLY BOOKING 10 HUNTERS FOR MUZZELLOADER BUT IF YOU HAVE 12 WE HAVE PLENTY OF GROUND AND WILL LET YOU HUNT WITH 12 FOR $900 IF YOU BOOK 12 HUNTERS. WE JUST STARTED AND HAVE NEVER LET ANYONE BUT FAMILY HUNT ON OUR GROUND SO ALL THE PICS ARE DEER THAT FAMILY HAVE KILLED ON OUR GROUND. WE HAVE 2000 ACRES OF OUR OWN AND ARE LEASING ABOUT ANOTHER 1000 FOR NOW AND WITH 12 YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL FOR 5 DAYS LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. THANKS TRAVIS

bbennett927 03-09-2008 03:48 PM

i used to guide for them and i will not say anything bad about them but i will warn you to ask for referances both successfull and unsuccessfull ,and 1300 sounds like a deal but 1300 a piece is a lot of money to waste hint hint where are you guys from

hatcher88 03-11-2008 02:23 AM

from louisiana...hey bbennett927 I sent you a p.m. get back to me asap please...thanks

SJAdventures 03-14-2008 07:38 PM

I think one question that is not asked enough before booking a hunt is how many hunters per year does an outfit take on to hunt. Even "hunter mills" can show great kill numbers because they run so many hunters per season.

hatcher88 03-15-2008 10:29 AM

I think you are right because I have heard that they overhunt the areas...so as many pictures as they have of great kills doesnt really justify the quality of the outfitter...I'm not real big on how they determine the success rates either...the way they do it...one guy could be on a really good stand and see 5 shooters while the other 4 guys didnt see anything and this is considered 100% success rate...not a fan

SJAdventures 03-15-2008 08:23 PM

My comment wasn't aimed at IMB specificallyjust in general about what hunters should know about outfitters before they book their hunt.. I personally know nothing about IMB.

crenshaw 08-27-2008 11:29 AM

I have hunted with IMB before, during late october going into November. Everything seemed very well orgainized when I arrived everything seemed pretty nice. Like most outfits they tell you not to guide the guide. I have been a guide before doing it mainly privately and for friends as favors. So to me I welcomed the idea of someone else doing all the dam work. The guide I had worked very hard and really seemed sincere about his quest to get me a deer. But thats about all the good I can Say. The hunting ground they hunt is overhunted big time. they have way to many hunters in the woods compared to available property. The work effortgoing into the season they put forth was awful. I pride myself on have the best possible stand set ups. I had sets where there were no shooting lanes(that happened a lot). I also had sets with stands that have been there for 10 years and the deer have adjusted. One stand was about 60 yards from the trail the deer were using. The trail looked like cows were on it, but the guide claimed he never saw it. I saw it in the dark on my way in with no flash light if that gives you an idea. They put me in stands that other customers had placed and the guides had no knowledge of. I dealt with other hunters walking out under my set because thats the way the guides told them to leave if they wanted to get down. I even took time to help them clear shooting lanes and set up new stand sites, yet i was paying them. I know that people embellish a lot on there bad reviews, you cant make everyone happy. But this place just doesnt have the dedication neccessary for the volume of hunters.The buck to doeratio was about1 buck for 15 does as i keptmy own records. I saw two bucks about 120 maybe, they said they wereprobably shooters. they werentat all.I didnt go there expecting to geta deer,but i expected to get a better outfit considering they call them selves the"best in the midwest" note none of the guideslive there. Maybe im justto picky having done it myself for so long but i was extremelydisappointed in the level of over all effort. My guide worked hard but you have to work hard year round, not the week of.In camp there were 20 hunters approximatley and only 1buck shot.The deer barely made the cut off of 125,I think they gave it some needed inches. Most hunters I talked to seemed very disappointed. Some had good reasons, others didnt. Some people do itto themselves. Two guys that hunted with my guide have no reason to complain considering they didnt hunt hard and take the neccessary steps, like scent control and staying in the stand. Be careful reading reviews somepeople complain because they didnt get one andothers complain because the outfitter actually sucks. Even ifI shot a deermy overall impression wouldnt havechanged. To me it was about the whole experience. I had already arrowed a 150+ inch deer two weeks before i went to IMB on my private farm I have. I honestly didnt expect to beat that in the same season. But i did expect to see a first rate place, and that just didnt happen.

Slingshot_ 08-29-2008 02:31 PM

Please feel free to call me if you want an honest opinion about this outfit

KSPOLICEMAN 08-31-2008 01:16 PM

I hunted with them in 2004 they set me up on the edge of a cut corn field, just inside of the timber, and told me that if i seen one i could shoot anywhere visible (meaning they owned/leased it) Deer movement was slow to say the least and when i did see what id call a shooter buck (just for the fact that there was nothing else) 135'' 9pointer making his way into the field (this is gun season) i let him walk out and as i prepared for the shot, out on nowhere KABOOM, down he went. The people that did own the land took him. Me not knowing anything about the land or whom owned it wasnt about to go and confront them. Next thing i know here comes a john deere gator with 3guys on it picked up the deer and headed out, like they owned it. I tole my guide and he must have been a rookie with IMB, and he told me "Im pretty sure thats our land, I will find out for sure". The other bad thing is they way overhunt there property, there were around 20 guys in camp that week, i hunted stands that had more human foot trafic than deer. It was like they were rotating us behind each other......ending on a good note, food was good, thats about it......

eastcoasthunter 02-23-2012 08:16 AM

Opportunity Results not what they say

I thought this must be added to this thread to keep the hunting community informed and protected. I hunted with IMB in the 2011 Missouri Muzzleloader season. There were at least 24 hunters in camp, two shots fired, I knew of maybe 5 shooters seen. Outiftter offered entire camp a free two man turkey hunt in the spring and a reduced 2012 hunt for the terrible results.....yet somehow we managed to produce a 93% opportunity result on the web page? I will say that even though the week was tough I actually re-booked for 2012, that is until I saw this 93% figure. Integrity is probably the single most important aspect of a paid hunt and yet it obviously doesn't exist at IMB. The food/camp and farms all were great. I think Darrin does all the hunter placement, not sure how he can manage so many decisions, guides would do better. No food plots and all of the farm fields were cut to the ground - needed to have either plots or some of the crops left standing in order to sustain a successful late season hunt. Tread cautiously. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. At least the "opportunity" results. PS. if you are on stand on the edge of a 1000 acre field and see a shooter 1000 yards away - it counts as an opportunity?

gonewest 02-24-2012 01:25 PM

I just wish hunters would wake up and not book with this guy. Just about every review mimminks the same thing with this guy. 20+ guys in camp mayby 2-3 deer shot and no where near the hunt that was promised. I found out about Darrin 3 yrs ago wen I was thinking of hunting a Missouri hunt with him. He tells me that when I get there don't say anything to anybody else and pull him side he will put me on a BC buck just keep it to myself. I did a lttle more research and found all the negative reviews and backed off real quick. Its just a shame that he's taking money from people that might be on a once in a lifetime hunt and have little to no chance of getting a buck that was talked about.

dalitegobble 03-01-2012 01:42 PM

public151py you couldn't be more wrong

I hunted with IMB in fall of 2010,2011, and have rebooked for 2012. I have hunted all over the US and have found my personal outfitter. When my son and I started looking for an outfitter in the midwest to make our annual trip together we were skeptical because of some bad reviews and forums just like this one!! People like this guy couldn't be more unaccurate. From the time we walked into the door to the time we booked our hunt for the following year we were treated with respect and proffessionalism. This is a top notch outfit and I would recomend them to anyone who asks. We did not harvest a buck in our first outing with them but saw alot of decent deer. The stand setups were spot on and set up on some of the most amazing ground I have ever had the privilage of stepping foot on. These guys have really got there stuff together and my son and I have made friends there that will last a lifetime. I guess you can't make everyone happy but some of the things this guy says I find very hard to believe after hunting three seasons with IMB Outfitters. Since 2010 my son and I have harvested several great bucks and God willing we will hunt with them there from now on!!!

gonewest 03-02-2012 12:01 PM

Lets see some pictures of these big bucks you and you son got. I'll be honest I don't believe you.

dpeasak2 03-05-2012 05:15 PM

I again am not sure where all the negative IMB comments are coming from other than guys who cant sit still or who think an outfitter is going to guarantee a 160 inch bow kill. I have sat in with Tyler and the guides in the evening over the past THREE YEARS recording the numbers. The numbers appear accurate as they take (my formula maybe skewed a little bc cant remeber exactly) the number of deer, number of shooters, and shot opportunity. I for one have had shot opps but wasnt quick enough, got suprised, and have even missed. I have seen more than one shooter in one day so that put me at 200% that day. Trust me I researched outfitters for 3 years before my first trip and have planned year four 2012 with IMB.

scaponi 03-08-2012 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by gonewest (Post 3917365)
Lets see some pictures of these big bucks you and you son got. I'll be honest I don't believe you.

I gotta be honest here too...I side with you. Why is it the people who post up great things about IMB have few posts overall ? Kinda makes me wonder... I realize I don't have a bazillion posts as well but why would anyone go to this place when there are a bunch of other hard working, reputable outfitters and guides out there with little to no negitive things posted anywhere about them..

just saying

gonewest 03-09-2012 07:04 AM

Scaponi I thought the exact thing when I saw that they somehow just got interested in posting. But it is rather funny that they went tosome of the other sites and defended bad reviews. I think somethings a little fishy. Just the thought of ONlY17 hunters in camp makes me laugh. This is farm ground not the Boreal Forest up in Canada. I wish people would wake up.