Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri? >

Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri?

Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri?

I have hunted with IMB before, during late october going into November. Everything seemed very well orgainized when I arrived everything seemed pretty nice. Like most outfits they tell you not to guide the guide. I have been a guide before doing it mainly privately and for friends as favors. So to me I welcomed the idea of someone else doing all the dam work. The guide I had worked very hard and really seemed sincere about his quest to get me a deer. But thats about all the good I can Say. The hunting ground they hunt is overhunted big time. they have way to many hunters in the woods compared to available property. The work effortgoing into the season they put forth was awful. I pride myself on have the best possible stand set ups. I had sets where there were no shooting lanes(that happened a lot). I also had sets with stands that have been there for 10 years and the deer have adjusted. One stand was about 60 yards from the trail the deer were using. The trail looked like cows were on it, but the guide claimed he never saw it. I saw it in the dark on my way in with no flash light if that gives you an idea. They put me in stands that other customers had placed and the guides had no knowledge of. I dealt with other hunters walking out under my set because thats the way the guides told them to leave if they wanted to get down. I even took time to help them clear shooting lanes and set up new stand sites, yet i was paying them. I know that people embellish a lot on there bad reviews, you cant make everyone happy. But this place just doesnt have the dedication neccessary for the volume of hunters.The buck to doeratio was about1 buck for 15 does as i keptmy own records. I saw two bucks about 120 maybe, they said they wereprobably shooters. they werentat all.I didnt go there expecting to geta deer,but i expected to get a better outfit considering they call them selves the"best in the midwest" note none of the guideslive there. Maybe im justto picky having done it myself for so long but i was extremelydisappointed in the level of over all effort. My guide worked hard but you have to work hard year round, not the week of.In camp there were 20 hunters approximatley and only 1buck shot.The deer barely made the cut off of 125,I think they gave it some needed inches. Most hunters I talked to seemed very disappointed. Some had good reasons, others didnt. Some people do itto themselves. Two guys that hunted with my guide have no reason to complain considering they didnt hunt hard and take the neccessary steps, like scent control and staying in the stand. Be careful reading reviews somepeople complain because they didnt get one andothers complain because the outfitter actually sucks. Even ifI shot a deermy overall impression wouldnt havechanged. To me it was about the whole experience. I had already arrowed a 150+ inch deer two weeks before i went to IMB on my private farm I have. I honestly didnt expect to beat that in the same season. But i did expect to see a first rate place, and that just didnt happen.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:31 PM

Please feel free to call me if you want an honest opinion about this outfit
Old 08-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Spike

I hunted with them in 2004 they set me up on the edge of a cut corn field, just inside of the timber, and told me that if i seen one i could shoot anywhere visible (meaning they owned/leased it) Deer movement was slow to say the least and when i did see what id call a shooter buck (just for the fact that there was nothing else) 135'' 9pointer making his way into the field (this is gun season) i let him walk out and as i prepared for the shot, out on nowhere KABOOM, down he went. The people that did own the land took him. Me not knowing anything about the land or whom owned it wasnt about to go and confront them. Next thing i know here comes a john deere gator with 3guys on it picked up the deer and headed out, like they owned it. I tole my guide and he must have been a rookie with IMB, and he told me "Im pretty sure thats our land, I will find out for sure". The other bad thing is they way overhunt there property, there were around 20 guys in camp that week, i hunted stands that had more human foot trafic than deer. It was like they were rotating us behind each other......ending on a good note, food was good, thats about it......
Old 02-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Spike

Default Opportunity Results not what they say

I thought this must be added to this thread to keep the hunting community informed and protected. I hunted with IMB in the 2011 Missouri Muzzleloader season. There were at least 24 hunters in camp, two shots fired, I knew of maybe 5 shooters seen. Outiftter offered entire camp a free two man turkey hunt in the spring and a reduced 2012 hunt for the terrible results.....yet somehow we managed to produce a 93% opportunity result on the web page? I will say that even though the week was tough I actually re-booked for 2012, that is until I saw this 93% figure. Integrity is probably the single most important aspect of a paid hunt and yet it obviously doesn't exist at IMB. The food/camp and farms all were great. I think Darrin does all the hunter placement, not sure how he can manage so many decisions, guides would do better. No food plots and all of the farm fields were cut to the ground - needed to have either plots or some of the crops left standing in order to sustain a successful late season hunt. Tread cautiously. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. At least the "opportunity" results. PS. if you are on stand on the edge of a 1000 acre field and see a shooter 1000 yards away - it counts as an opportunity?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

I just wish hunters would wake up and not book with this guy. Just about every review mimminks the same thing with this guy. 20+ guys in camp mayby 2-3 deer shot and no where near the hunt that was promised. I found out about Darrin 3 yrs ago wen I was thinking of hunting a Missouri hunt with him. He tells me that when I get there don't say anything to anybody else and pull him side he will put me on a BC buck just keep it to myself. I did a lttle more research and found all the negative reviews and backed off real quick. Its just a shame that he's taking money from people that might be on a once in a lifetime hunt and have little to no chance of getting a buck that was talked about.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Spike

Default public151py you couldn't be more wrong

I hunted with IMB in fall of 2010,2011, and have rebooked for 2012. I have hunted all over the US and have found my personal outfitter. When my son and I started looking for an outfitter in the midwest to make our annual trip together we were skeptical because of some bad reviews and forums just like this one!! People like this guy couldn't be more unaccurate. From the time we walked into the door to the time we booked our hunt for the following year we were treated with respect and proffessionalism. This is a top notch outfit and I would recomend them to anyone who asks. We did not harvest a buck in our first outing with them but saw alot of decent deer. The stand setups were spot on and set up on some of the most amazing ground I have ever had the privilage of stepping foot on. These guys have really got there stuff together and my son and I have made friends there that will last a lifetime. I guess you can't make everyone happy but some of the things this guy says I find very hard to believe after hunting three seasons with IMB Outfitters. Since 2010 my son and I have harvested several great bucks and God willing we will hunt with them there from now on!!!

Last edited by dalitegobble; 03-01-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: typing mistake
Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Lets see some pictures of these big bucks you and you son got. I'll be honest I don't believe you.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Spike

I again am not sure where all the negative IMB comments are coming from other than guys who cant sit still or who think an outfitter is going to guarantee a 160 inch bow kill. I have sat in with Tyler and the guides in the evening over the past THREE YEARS recording the numbers. The numbers appear accurate as they take (my formula maybe skewed a little bc cant remeber exactly) the number of deer, number of shooters, and shot opportunity. I for one have had shot opps but wasnt quick enough, got suprised, and have even missed. I have seen more than one shooter in one day so that put me at 200% that day. Trust me I researched outfitters for 3 years before my first trip and have planned year four 2012 with IMB.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by gonewest
Lets see some pictures of these big bucks you and you son got. I'll be honest I don't believe you.

I gotta be honest here too...I side with you. Why is it the people who post up great things about IMB have few posts overall ? Kinda makes me wonder... I realize I don't have a bazillion posts as well but why would anyone go to this place when there are a bunch of other hard working, reputable outfitters and guides out there with little to no negitive things posted anywhere about them..

just saying
Old 03-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

Scaponi I thought the exact thing when I saw that they somehow just got interested in posting. But it is rather funny that they went tosome of the other sites and defended bad reviews. I think somethings a little fishy. Just the thought of ONlY17 hunters in camp makes me laugh. This is farm ground not the Boreal Forest up in Canada. I wish people would wake up.

Quick Reply: Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.