HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunts/Outfitters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitters-57/)
-   -   Day Hunt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitters/201392-day-hunt.html)

kbart 08-09-2007 09:38 AM

Day Hunt

Have you ever paid to go on a day hunt. If so I have a few questions:

What type of hunt did you go on. (Ex Exotics, Whitetail, Hogs)

What did you like about it. (Ex good lodge, plentiful game,)

What did you not like about it. (Ex lodge not clean, rude outfitters)

Any information would be greatly appreciated. We are trying to take a poll and would like to get positive and negative feedback.

Thanks,
Keith

kbart 08-10-2007 09:21 AM

RE: Day Hunt

I just want to make sure this post is clear. I've had some people unclear about what I was asking and I do apologize for that. I'm not planning on going on a hunt not to say that I wouldn't though. We are doing research for a group that has plans to open a high fenced hunting operation in the state of Oklahoma. It is going to be a big game operation. If you have been on a hunt we are asking what you liked about it and what you didn't. The group want's to make sure and do there homework before taking on this venture. This group has been hunting for over 20 years and know what they like or what they would want from a day hunt. They just want to see if its the same across the board. Any input would be appreciated

Thanks,
Keith[/align]

Moose75 08-19-2007 08:33 PM

Not many here like high fences. talk to the "hunt once every ten years ppl" those are your customers not real hunters

SJAdventures 08-22-2007 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Moose75

Not many here like high fences. talk to the "hunt once every ten years ppl" those are your customers not real hunters
If your not going to help the guy at least have the courtesy not to highjack his post.

wolfhound1 08-23-2007 03:24 PM

I have been a huntingguide for over 40 years and a Professional Hunter in Africa for 16 years, I belive that if you want to hunt high fences then you may as well pen em up in your back yard and shoot em. I hunt all over the States, andin Africa, and a few other places, and if you can't meet the animal on it's own ground, in a fair chase, then we degrade the real meaning of "THE HUNT".

SJAdventures 08-23-2007 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: wolfhound1

I have been a huntingguide for over 40 years and a Professional Hunter in Africa for 16 years, I believe that if you want to hunt high fences then you may as well pen em up in your back yard and shoot em. I hunt all over the States, andin Africa, and a few other places, and if you can't meet the animal on it's own ground, in a fair chase, then we degrade the real meaning of "THE HUNT".
Well wolfhound if your so into actual true fair chase shouldn't you be thinking about throwing away your biggo guns and get to sharpening your spear heads, arrowsand knivesand quit degrading the real meaning of "THE HUNT" by shooting them at sometimes over 100 yards. You do realize that die hard Bow Hunters think your a slob hunterfor using a gun and degrading the real meaning of "THE HUNT" by not doing it their way. I have said what I have to say and will not comment on this dead horse subject any further. I have heard all of the blah blah blah "my way is the only right way" by all the self appointed hunting gurus far too many times.I think some moderators need to get busy moderating to ensure that people's posts don't get high jacked. The man asked hunters opinions who had been on these types of hunts, no where did he ask anyone if they approved of this type of hunting. For the record too wolfhound, I have been hunting for over 42 years and have never myself hunted inside any kind of fenced enclosure of any size but I believe if the law says it is OK to do it then leave the man alone because he isn't doing anything wrong just because you don't hunt that way.

captmike 08-24-2007 07:24 AM

I would love to see what you get, being a full time fishing guide who is just expanding into outfitting (day hunts for dove, geese, and hogs).

daryl34 08-24-2007 11:18 AM

Wow tough crowds.

Being someone who has guided for a preserve. Its always intertesting , guiding someone to one animal on a couple thousand acres, yes I said one or two that fit what there trying to go for. People think it easy, so be it.

But I will say one thing, we can all judge others actions, that it's this, or that but, you would be really surprised who is hunting high fenced. the names I mean. One thing you will learn by running a preserve , the people who come to it are serious about what they want. There not there by accident , they have 4 days to hunt, want to see good animals and take a good animal. Or they won't.
If you tell your clients who are asking for this one thing, there are people out there who have real money aren't afraid to spend it for a quality experience.
Good Luck
Thatslast part is true for high fence or not.

wolfhound1 08-25-2007 11:25 AM

I am a bow hunter boy. I grew up hunting with a bow in So. La. where I was born and rasied. I guide and shoot hogs all overBoone and Newton countyup here in AR. Just because I guide doesn't mean I shoot it for you, Or mybe I should in your case.

wolfhound1 08-25-2007 11:41 AM

I agree with you, I also agree if you are going to haveExotics you need to fence them as the cost of losing them is mind blowing. But fencing deer or hogs is something I can't see. I have hunted several ranches in Texas on bow hunts and one in S.D. A bison hunt, they were fenced around but it was 23,000 acres. But to each his own.
Have A great Day.;)