Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 sale of hunting rights,  all game, all year on $6.80 per acre in new mexico >

sale of hunting rights, all game, all year on $6.80 per acre in new mexico

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

sale of hunting rights, all game, all year on $6.80 per acre in new mexico

Old 05-05-2007, 02:06 AM

Default sale of hunting rights, all game, all year on $6.80 per acre in new mexico

I nore my familey have any interest in big game hunting. Therefore I am considering the following:[/align][/align]I have two ranches in west central new Mexico. Both are composed of flat and mountains
99,0 acres more or less[/align][/align]These are working ranches, however my proposal is to sell off the hunting as an easement or very long term lease 30 to 50 years.[/align][/align]As i understand it some states like the Dakota s have the right to severe hunting rights, as regualted by a state legislation. Land owners then are entitled to all damages as those in oil and gas leases. In New Mexico and Texas while I have right to sell or give away all my land owner permits on permitted hunts such as elk and antelope, an all else. I also understand I can only sell right of trespass on all my deeded acerage. Therefore with the transfer of the state and BLM leases what I will be selling is a permenant or long term easement say 30, 50 years, along with this would be standard hunting lease terms,for rules of trespass and property liabilities.[/align][/align]Iam only interested in prequalified potential buyers.[/align][/align]As for the structure I would transfer out all state lease 46,000 acres and 17,000 acres BLM land, for a total of 63,125 acres of lease land [/align][/align]The leases are 5 years for state land and 10 years for BLM the are automatically renewed, and are transferable.[/align][/align]The buyer of the hunting easement would get a transfers of all leases, and I would rent them as a "net" leaseHehas no property taxes and I will pay actual cost of leases, in return I will be allowed grazing on the land similar to a sub lease, I will also manage and repair all fencing and water systems, I would also entertain managing the properties hunting programon a cost plus basis. My operation is grass only and or organic so no chemicals can be used on the property.[/align][/align]In addition he is buying orleasing the hunting ( easement ) right from all my deeded acres 35, 959 acres[/align][/align]Providing a total base of hunting 99,084 acres[/align][/align]the cost is $ 20,200,000.00 or $203.86 an acre which over 30 years is an annual expense on hunting of $6.80 per acre per year, far less than most annual hunting leases. This will give you all permits, all game, and all seasons.[/align][/align]The hunting is some of the best trophy hunting in the country:[/align][/align]Outfitters are currently bidding $ 3,500.00 plus per permit for antelope on the ranch[/align][/align]unit one: has some but limited acres by public[/align][/align]receives 3 land owner permits and is subject to 8 state lottery permits for antelope only [/align]however there is also Elk, many with 400 plus Boone and Crockett[/align]Mule Deer, with 200 plus Boone and Crockett[/align]ALSO BIGHORN SHEEP , BEAR, QUAL AND DOVE[/align][/align]unit two:Confined location with no public access[/align][/align]receives 4 land owner permits and is subject to 2 state lottery permits for antelope only [/align]however there is also Elk, 4 rifle permits "bull", 5 bow and arrow permits "bull" and 12 "cow permits many with 400 plus Boone and Crockett " world record Boone and Crockett broken twice in last few years in area"[/align]Mule Deer, 3 to 5 buck harvest with175 plus Boone and Crockett[/align]ALSO BIGHORN SHEEP , BEAR, QUAL AND DOVE[/align][/align]I will also provide a lease to buyer of one hunting cabin, rate is to be "net" to me of any expenses[/align][/align]My only restrictions on the hunting easement with be:[/align][/align]I have right to transfer stateland for deededwithin the confines of the operation, as my operation is farmign and rachingand I prefer flat land or for farming operations, ( this will be completed within the first year)[/align][/align]All hunting other than state lottery and that of ( hunting right) owners will be conducted through guide or outfitter to insure safety and control liability issues[/align][/align]No hunting in areas of construction or where employees may be working, or if specified by other contracts of development or construction on any of the lands.[/align][/align]all damages to land, livestock, or other tangibles will be settled in reasonable time, by either joint agreement or through arbitration.[/align][/align]Grazing sub-lease will survive all transfers[/align][/align]*Hunt only no recreation on deeded land *[/align][/align]Land Owners have right of capture on deeded land limited only to consumptive use( not sport)[/align][/align]I am also considering some other purchases, as well as familey owned land in other parts of new mexico and western texas that I may consider developing a similiar plan.[/align][/align]I know this is a newapproach to the transfer of hunting rights, However I feel this is a beneficial option for my familey as well for the right hunter or organisation looking for a longterm hunting without the down fall of land management andexpense.[/align]
Old 05-06-2007, 12:17 AM

Default RE: sale of hunting rights, all game, all year on $6.80 per acre in new mexico

I'd like to know , where in N.M. are you ? What town is closest ?

Mary
Old 05-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: sale of hunting rights, all game, all year on $6.80 per acre in new mexico

Always love the first post some come up with
Old 05-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, I know what you mean.

Sounds good, can't afford it.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think if I had $20 million to spend I would just buy my own land and not lease someone else's.