HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunts/Outfitters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitters-57/)
-   -   Alaskan Hunts 2005 and 2006 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitters/106405-alaskan-hunts-2005-2006-a.html)

Model70wsm 07-22-2005 08:05 PM

Alaskan Hunts 2005 and 2006

We have the following hunts available.

Our moose hunts are limited, so a hunter will need to book early. I’m the permit concession holder of two premier National Wildlife Refuge exclusive guide use areas for Trophy Moose; both combined totaling over a million acres. I’m only the second guide to ever have been awarded an exclusive use permit for these two areas. These areas are very remote right in the heart of some of the best moose country in Alaska. Both areas have high concentration of Trophy Bull Moose at all times. Due to the remoteness my areas they receive very little hunting pressure. Plus, I only take between 6-8 moose hunters per year to ensure availability of Trophy Moose. Moose will range from 55”-70”.The hunts take place out of a very remote and comfortable camp. Meals will be a mix between hearty meals and light weight freeze died meals to increase the hunting time during peak hunting hours of the day. A hunter can hunt by boat from our main base camp or go out to one of our remote spike camps by boat. From there a hunter will use a motorized rubber raft for transportation around the hunting area. Note: The main base camp is serviced by small plane as needed and all camps have satellite phones. The superb pike fishing, duck hunting and the excellent black bear opportunities in this area add a nice touch to this awesome Alaska Wilderness Adventure. RATES: The 2005 trophy moose hunt rate for a 1X1 moose hunt is $9,500...2006 rate will be 10,500. On these hunts a black bear, wolf or wolverine can be taken at no extra charge or trophy fee to the hunter. A grizzly bear can be taken for a $1500 trophy fee. DATES: The dates are 5-15 Sept and 15-26 Sept and are 10-day hunts.For 2005 I only have openings for 5-15 Sep hunt period. INCLUDES: Depending on the type of hunt you book, it will be 1 guide per 1 hunter or 1 guide per 2 hunters: meals, spike camp accommodations, in-field transportation, and
trophy field care. TRANSPORTATION: The hunter is responsible to fly to McGrath, Alaska where I meet the client then they will take charter to camp. The cost of the charter for the hunter is approximately $500 round-trip. The client will have one night hotel stay in Anchorage in which we can recommend or at a very nice Lodge in McGrath that we work with before and after the hunt depending on their flight arrangements. LICENSE/TAGS: Available over-the-counter upon arrival in Anchorage or I’m a license vendor, so you may purchase them from me in camp. The tags cost are as follows: Alaska hunting license $85, Moose tag $400, black bear tag $225, wolf tag $30, wolverine $175 and $500 for a grizzly bear. Note a big game tag may be used for another species of equal or lower value. DEPOSIT: A deposit of 50% is due upon booking, and final payment is due 60 days prior to arrival.

We also have 2 hunts for a Mtn Goat/Black Bear combo. The dates are 31 Aug to 6 Sept. in Alaska Game Unit 14C. The total cost of the hunt with discount would be $5500. We could also do the goat/bear hunts 28 Sept to 4 Sept.also have (2)...8 hunting day Grizzly/Black Bear combo hunts that can take place either 21-28 Aug or 1-8 Sep. The total cost of the hunt with discount would be $8000. Lots of bears plus a hunter can shoot a wolf and wolverine at no charge. A moose could be taken after 5 Sep on a trophy fee...very fun hunt in awesome country with lots of game.

If you are interested in something for this year or next let me know.
Rod
Trophy Connections
[email protected]
218-244-6200