Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
Paradise wings hunting lodge scam II >

Paradise wings hunting lodge scam II

Community
Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

Paradise wings hunting lodge scam II

Old 02-23-2021, 05:35 PM
Spike

Default Paradise wings hunting lodge scam II

Landscaper was right with everything he posted on paradise wings hunting lodge in Brinkley Arkansas scam.

I booked a hunt with them for February 20 and 21 of 2021. I booted it on August 20, 2020. The hunt was my two sons and myself. It was their birthday present. I booked this hunt with Ronnie and told him this when I booked it. He did not say he had any other hunters booked for those days.

I called Ronnie Wednesday February 17, 2021 before our hunt. Was checking to see if we needed to reschedule because of snow and ice the winter storm was dumping. I had him on speaker phone so my oldest son could hear the conversation. He told us that the killed 46 birds just a few days ago. And that it should be a good hunt. Now I know they already had snow and ice in Brinkley Arkansas because I was keeping up with the weather. He didn’t want to reschedule so we headed to Brinkley for the hunt. We drove 10 hours Got there Friday afternoon around 7:30pm

Following the direction off the website. After turning off hwy 17 on Gibbs rd. Snow was to deep. Had to call Ronnie to get another way to lodge. Which he did give directions for another way there.

When we got to the lodge. Ronnie had us sign a contract for the hunt witch we did. Then he said this is where we would be staying. After seeing one room with two bunk beds and two day beds. For us to stay in. My sons had their wife’s with them. I told him we would be getting a motel. Because I was stay in that room. In my opinion it was nasty. And the tv area was cluttered two people could not walk by at one time in that room. So we went to motel and agreed to meet back at lodge at 6:00am

Saturday morning we meet at lodge at 6:00am. Road with Ronnie to hunting location. On the way out Ronnie said his decoys were frozen to the ground and covered in snow. No guide I know would leave his stuff out in the field when there is snow and ice coming. There was another pickup following us with two hunters in it too. Ronnie had these two hunters hunting with my group. Which did not bother us but I think he should have asked us before. Ronnie didn’t even introduce them to us. I don’t even know their names. When we got to hunting site decoys and windsocks were all under snow. Windsocks were old and torn. Im guessing but I bet this is where he put them when goose season started and he doesn’t take them up till it’s over. Only windsocks part that was tided to pole was sticking up out of snow. Decoys only headed were sticking above snow.
we had to dig out a spot in snow to put chairs down so we could sit. Everyone had low chairs except me he gave me a folding chair. Just for info I’m 6’2” 320lbs. So I’m a pretty big man. We got set up ready to hunt about 7am.

Only 3 geese came in close enough to shoot at. I’m not complaining about the geese because no one can control how they fly. But what I’m complaining about is his cheesy operation. Ronnie said we needed wind so windsocks would move. Hell they were froze they couldn’t move if wind was blowing 50 mph. Then he said that I was to big they were focusing on me that’s why they were not coming in. We hunted till 10:30 he broke for breakfast. We did not eat at lodge with Ronnie. My sons and I went to town and ate. Meet back out at lodge at 1:30 to go back to field to hunt. We dug windsocks out of snow and ice as much as we could and got decoys out from under snow. Ronnie had the other hunter that hunted with us to put windsocks all around me to break up the big guy. Only 2 geese came in close enough to shoot at. We did have geese come in but they were to high and they would look and leave. I stayed there till 4pm. I had had enough. My two sons and I got up and walked out.

I called Ronnie around 7pm told him we would not be coming back out hunting Sunday. He wanted payment for Sunday anyway. Which I went back out to the lodge and I paid him. But told him that he should have reschedule this hunt instead of telling us it was going to be a great hunt.

please everyone thinking of hunting with Ronnie and paradise wings hunting lodge. Try another guide service. I think you will be better off. He got $1500 from me. But he will never get any more. I’ll never go back.

Read landscaper post too. He is telling the truth.

My name is Danny Beasley. And I’m from tuscola Texas.

Last edited by Poortrucker; 02-24-2021 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Miss spelled words