HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunts/Outfitter Reviews (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitter-reviews-145/)
-   -   EAI Outdoors fraud (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitter-reviews/422599-eai-outdoors-fraud.html)

Gen9760 01-20-2020 11:06 AM

EAI Outdoors fraud

This is the 3rd hunting forum I’ve joined so far. I’m trying to get the word out about this hunt booking agency. It is owned and operated by Ed Rymut. DO NOT believe anything this man tells you. I booked a hunt with him for South Africa because they advertise great package deals. I checked with references but of course I got those names from him. They advertise 100% refund if you have to cancel for any reason right up to the day you leave. Never thought I would be canceling my hunt but lo and behold I was involved in an automobile accident in November and although I was not seriously hurt, it did cause me a great deal of financial hardship. I was left with no choice but to cancel my Hunt.. Upon notifying Ed of my dilemma he said no problem, he would get started on the process of my refund. Well if you weeks go by and I have Heard anything from him. My calls and emails went unanswered. I had my wife call since he would not recognize that number and sure enough he answered. He told her that he didn’t have an address to send it to so she gave them the address. A few more weeks go by and again we hear nothing and now he will not answer to her phone either. My wife started looking things up on the Internet and found their Facebook page had numerous posts from people who had the same problem. One individual paid 50% down for a bison hunt in South Dakota and the balance due when he arrived at the outfitter. But when he got to the outfitter they had no knowledge of him coming nor were they paid any money from EI outdoors. This got me thinking. So I did some research and found the name of the outfitter in Africa that I should’ve been hunting with. My hunt was to take place in September 2020 but when I emailed the outfitter he had no knowledge of my Hunt. Legal options seem limited and no guarantee of making him pay so the best I can do is get the word out to as many people as possible so they do not have to endure a similar situation with this business

CalHunter 01-21-2020 09:38 AM

This topic was approved and moved to the appropriate forum.
CalHunter

Gen9760 03-22-2024 07:57 AM

I just saw this post was still up and wanted to let everyone know, the issue was resolved. I was able to communicate with EAI and the outfitter in South Africa to get things worked out. I'm not sure how things went so awry but after sorting it all out, I ended up going on this hint in 2021 and it was incredible. Perhaps they catered to me a bit more because of the fuss I made but I would not hesitate to use them again for another hunt.

CalHunter 03-22-2024 11:52 AM

Thanks for updating this topic. So many topic starters fail to do so. Just to confirm, each part of your original topic was cleared to your satisfaction and you are withdrawing that complaint/topic?