Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
Buyer Beware! Jerry Reiner Summit Mtn Ranch NM >

Buyer Beware! Jerry Reiner Summit Mtn Ranch NM

Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

Buyer Beware! Jerry Reiner Summit Mtn Ranch NM

Old 12-18-2018, 05:38 PM
Spike

Exclamation Buyer Beware! Jerry Reiner Summit Mtn Ranch NM

Summit Mountain Outfitters, run by Jerry Reiner,at Squaw Peak Ranch ,near Magdelena, NM, I very strongly do not recommend this hunt. I was told about this so-called trophy hunt, and me and my friend ( extra $500) were totally disappointed with any opportunity at at a trophy. Please call the local NM Game and Fish warden about Jerry's reputation before considering this hunt. I wish I had. Jerry Reiner overstated the land available to hunt the quality and number of bulls. ( I was told 25,000 acres) I later found the deeded acreage to this ranch is 1881 acres that's less than 3 square miles compared to nearly 40 sq. miles i was told. I paid nearly $9000 dollars when it was all said and done. I saw 1 bull elk... yes 1 bull on the property a roughly 270" bull on the ranch during my 5 days on the ranch. the other hunter there with me equally disappointed ended up cutting his losses and killed that bull. I drove home with an empty truck. by the way i saw zero deer that i would have paid any money to shoot. feel free to call me to verify 8012097894 I could go on about the food and accommodations but i think you get the idea. We were suppose to have a 5 star chef he left the first morning. I got the whole come as a customer leave as family line . Jerry had 2 guides show up the first day of my hunt that had never hunted the property he told them we could hunt the leased acreage that bordered the ranch the guides rightfully refused to do this since i would have been unknowingly poaching. My tag was for the deeded acres of the Ranch Only. I was also told I would only have one other hunter on the ranch this was also a lie, because the ranch receives unit wide tags it opens the property to any person with a unit 17 bull elk tag. Just do your due diligence and don't fall for all the BS . you've been warned.
Attached Thumbnails Buyer Beware! Jerry Reiner Summit Mtn Ranch NM-elk.jpg  
Old 12-18-2018, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, it sounds like this guy is a shyster but, that's still a nice bull in your picture.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

How did you find this guy / outfitter?
Old 12-19-2018, 02:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Was it a guaranteed hunt? Or was it hunting without any assurances? I take these first time posts with a grain of salt, never here before but now here to trash some outfitter.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:57 AM
Spike

Default Summit mountain ranch: Jerry Reiner a liar and a crook!

buyer beware, jerry Reiner is a habitual liar. Took my deposit tried to do a switcharoo and send me to unit 10 when we had agreed on 17. Said I was second in line after a repeat customer who had said he may need to cancel. He told me if hunter one took the hunt I would get a refund. I would know by October 1. October 15 no word. Refused to return my deposit. He is a crook. Look him up he did something similar to another group. They took him to court and got their money back after several years. He told them 17 had bad fires so they must go to another unit. That hunter had a plane and flew over and saw he was lying.
I would add my contract stated he would return my deposit!! He is a full blown, expert con artist!
Old 02-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Spike

Jburrup and hoppylopp welcome to the site. Look forward to many more post from y’all and contributions