Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
Beware of Wooden Cross Outfitters >

Beware of Wooden Cross Outfitters

Community
Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

Beware of Wooden Cross Outfitters

Old 05-31-2018, 02:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
I consider myself fairly new here and I do my best not to jump any newcomers but being a business owner and operator myself, I hate it when someone jumps onto a public forum to badmouth a business with totally unsubstantiated trash. If you want to trash a business, show some proof. Show some documentation to back up your claims. Hunting operations have a hard enough time getting by without people trashing them with unsubstantiated garbage. That's just my opinion and you are just as entitled to your's as I am mine. He has the right to sign up and post unsubstantiated claims, I have the right to call BS and ask for proof. Especially when his claims are unsupported by facts and having inconsistent statements.
Fair enough
Old 06-24-2018, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Well seems odd that yall wouldnt believe him to me, lifes too short and were all too busy so why would he waste his time to make up alie to hurt a business that didnt screw him, sorry im a business owner and i believe its a lot more likely that true than made up for no reason. What you want them to prove he didnt take screw them, get real. Thanks for the heads up so we dont get screwed. Yall are welcome even if you are ungrateful for the warning, looks like i havent missed much
Old 06-25-2018, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well for starters, for all we know he is a competitor of Wooden Cross or a former employee. Seems he hasn't even logged on since his last post. Thats a little odd for a "LONG time" lurker.

In short trying to give credibility to some guy that joins just to post a negative review is difficult. Lurks for a longtime never giving anything to the community until for whatever reason his hunt didn't go as planned. Now all of a sudden he jumps up and posts about a 2 man hunt that has a 5 man minimum? Plus its posted in the wrong section of the forum.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 06-25-2018 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Just because a guys first post is a negative review is no reason to bash the guy for posting. Whether it is true or not only the poster and the outfitter knows anyway. Use the information (with other reviews of the outfitter) when doing your research. If someone is using 1 review to decide on who they spend their money on as far as a guided hunt then they are cheating themselves. Several reviews leave a better picture of what to expect anyway.

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Well for starters, for all we know he is a competitor of Wooden Cross or a former employee. Seems he hasn't even logged on since his last post. Thats a little odd for a "LONG time" lurker.

In short trying to give credibility to some guy that joins just to post a negative review is difficult. Lurks for a longtime never giving anything to the community until for whatever reason his hunt didn't go as planned. Now all of a sudden he jumps up and posts about a 2 man hunt that has a 5 man minimum? Plus its posted in the wrong section of the forum.
Jumping on him for his post could be why he hasn't posted since!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Show me where i bashed him? I simply wont form an opinion based on one guys "hit and run" review. I never mentioned posting again. He never even logged in again. Pretty common behavior from what ive seen in the outfitter review section.

Post something negative and ...CYA all later. Not even an explanation as to how he got a 5 man minimum hunt with 2 guys.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Well for starters you talked about how he and/or his post is not credible. You also stand up for the outfitter. Who's to say you don't work for said outfitter just like you say he may work for a competitor?

All in all we don't know. I know that "hit and run" reviews happen but like I said sometimes a bad experience is what gets the person to get online and post. All reviews can help in the end whether they are bad or good and as you said above don't form an opinion on one guys review. The collective body of work should be looked at when doing any kind of collection of data for finding the best fit for the person looking for an outfitter.

Also the guy did show back up after his initial post and seen all the bad hype about his post and then hasn't been back. Like I said more members get pushed away because of what they first post here than any other forum based site that I have seen. Look at how this site was just 6 or 7 years ago compared to now. There are other ways to go about finding out if the poster is just a drop and go without "bashing" what he wrote is all I am saying. Now on the other hand if the outfitter wanted to get on and defend himself that would be something different all together.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta admit, I do factor in how long a guy's been a member here and his post count. Somebody with at least several hundred posts and who has obviously been posting about other things for a while comes across as having more credibility. When somebody only posts once or twice to complain about an outfitter then doesn't return and respond to people who might have questions or thoughts on his complaint, it makes you wonder about them. Not saying they're lying but it's kinda hard to know if they're really giving you the whole story or not. When i can read somebody's posts about different subjects and topics, I can get a feel for how they think and approach stuff.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

He post does lack credibility under the circumstances.

Show me where i stood up for the outfitter. Tell you what, can you move this topic where it belongs in the Outfitter Review section. It has no business here in the first place. It takes 2 seconds for you (super mod) to check my IP and see im nowhere near Texas and ive been around for 8 years. Ive never once recommended a single outfitter...EVER. Personally i would never use one unless it was required by law.

The fact is when it was mentioned the hunt is a 5 man minimum he never even logged back in to HNI after not explaining that. I would love for Wooden Cross to post here so we could see both sides of the story. Sounds a lot like he setup a 5 man hunt and could not get more than 1 buddy to go along so they kept his deposit.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Some hog hunting outfits have spotty records. i'm familiar with two that routinely ripped folks off. One is out of business. One OK hog hunting outfit formerly claimed he had 10,000 acres leased for his hunters. The scumbag has no land leased. He turned his hunters loose to trespass on other folks property. It all came to light after the new Dodge diesel pickup belonging to trespassing hunters burned up on property adjacent to mine. The guy now runs a 80-100 acre fenced in hog hunting extravaganza.

The state of OK requires clients who hunt hogs at these "ranches" to obtain a $25 license. No more hog hunting "ranches" will be licensed by the state.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
He post does lack credibility under the circumstances.

Show me where i stood up for the outfitter. Tell you what, can you move this topic where it belongs in the Outfitter Review section. It has no business here in the first place. It takes 2 seconds for you (super mod) to check my IP and see im nowhere near Texas and ive been around for 8 years. Ive never once recommended a single outfitter...EVER. Personally i would never use one unless it was required by law.

The fact is when it was mentioned the hunt is a 5 man minimum he never even logged back in to HNI after not explaining that. I would love for Wooden Cross to post here so we could see both sides of the story. Sounds a lot like he setup a 5 man hunt and could not get more than 1 buddy to go along so they kept his deposit.

This is his last post after another member mentioned the 5 man min.

"There seems to be a lot of trust issues on this site, really sorry about that. Was only trying to help fellow hunters out and give a little heads up. You can take the words that are on this page as gospel or not. Good luck."

Look I am not saying that his post is gospel. I am just saying that there is no need to call him out. You could always just not say anything or ask questions without calling his credibility out!!

I am not sticking up or taking sides of either as I have no dealings with either party. I also know that there are several competing outfitters that will leave a bad review somewhere or someone that may just be pissed and trying to hurt another business but without knowing either why get into a dang argument over it! Just take it with a grain of salt and move on.

Your right about moving it to the proper section. I'll be sure to get it done as soon as I get to a computer. I can't do it from my phone

Last edited by kellyguinn; 06-25-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.