Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
Stay away from COLORADO MOUNTAIN &PLAINS OUTFITTERS Colorado Outdoor Adventures >

Stay away from COLORADO MOUNTAIN &PLAINS OUTFITTERS Colorado Outdoor Adventures

Community
Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

Stay away from COLORADO MOUNTAIN &PLAINS OUTFITTERS Colorado Outdoor Adventures

Old 09-23-2017, 01:54 PM
Spike

Default Stay away from COLORADO MOUNTAIN &PLAINS OUTFITTERS Colorado Outdoor Adventures

I wanted to hunt in Colorado for pronghorn for the longest time and I have been in contact with Dennis Hurrell who apparently is a booking agent.
And I can tell you he'll make you believe a lot of things that don't even exist.
I had been spectacle about this guy from his telephone conversations, but apparently from what he said there were tons of pronghorns. This not like in Wyoming where hundreds of pronghorn come to the Hayfield and you pick and choose which one you want.
So he said call Mark would be happy to answer any of your other questions.
Called Mark, who just like Dennis, said there were lots of pronghorns. He said that they would have a blind set up on water holes, another blind set up on pinch point , True fences, there are tons of animals, you just have to pick and choose which one you want. So I sent my deposit. During the spring and summer, I had been trying to call Mark, but he never answered his phone. I tried to email him but he only answered whenever he felt like it. Called Dennis Hurrell a couple weeks before the hunt and he never answer it or even returned my call. Two days before the hunt Mark sent me an email saying let me know the time you arriving. So I made my 30 Hours drive. I called Mark to let him know where I was on Saturday, two hours before I get there. On Sunday, after I purchased my license , I call call Mark and his story all of the sudden changes. ...Well this year has been really raining and wet, pronghorns are all scattered all over and there is water everywhere. It is going to be a hard hunt, sunflowers are about 3-4 feet high which will make really hard to bow hunt. And I said to Mark would've been nice if I knew all about this before I make 30 Hours drive. Mark then says, hurry up I have two guys waiting for you at the house and they will take you out on an evening hunt. I get there about 3pm. I finally found the house . And sure enough, there was nobody there. After 30 Hours Drive to find no one waiting for your client is pretty stupid! I Called Mark back he said I'm going to call my partner Scott and Dennis to come and get you to take you out. If they don't show up I will take you to the honey hole in the morning. I waited for 3 hours and no one showed up. Well I get my bow out and start practising a few shots. Now it's about 6 o'clock and someone comes out from house beside where I was staying. Sure enough, it was Scott, Mark partner. I'm talking with Scott and apparently Mark never called him I ask Scott where are all the animals that were on my hayfield. He said this year we have had too much water Pronghorn, there scattered all over, they don't need to come to the hayfield. Anyways Scott said I'm going to the ranch to start the generator, if my girlfriend is not coming with me I my take you for ride. Well I got a lucky cause his girlfriend didn't go. I jumped with him on the truck and we went to the ranch. He showed me where the ranch was. I saw 2 bucks on a neighbour's property and 2 other ones on his property. He started his generator and drove right back. Scott said Mark will be here first thing in the morning it will take me to the blind. A short time later Dennis Hurrell came in to tell me that had he seen 20 pronghorns and two little one coming to his blind on the waterhole. He could've shot them but they were too small.
Next morning Mark showed up about half hour late. He and his partner they took me to the blind by now it's daylight. As far you can see they was not even one pronghorn in sight. Set on the blind for couple hours glazing as far you can see. Only saw one on the neighbour property. I got out of the blind lock around the waterhole, not even 1 foot print.

Glass to my left They were 3 water tanks about 400 yards
Gloss to my right there is another big pond
Went and did a little bit scouting and saw about 6 bucks which two of them were small
Called Mark and he never answered. Now as bow hunter I tried to put a stolk on one of the small pronghorn, how can I shoot through 3-4 feet high sunflower.

Is like hunting Whitetail on standing corn

Called Scott and he told me that if he had time he was going to show me on the other side of the ranch.
Hunted a scout for two days, there were no animals and if there were any, they were staying on the neighbour property. These people don't even know what bow hunting is and what it takes to be successful. They didn't even try to help you. They don't even know what communication is. They're lying, telling you that are animals on their property when there was none. Between Dennis and Mark, I'm not sure who lied the most!

Going back to the camp at night trying to cook something without a stove or microwave

Last edited by Paskull; 09-24-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

This is the biggest crock I have ever heard. This guy didn't know the first thing about hunting antelope with archery gear and wouldn't listen to a word we said about what he should do with the limited time he had to hunt (3 days). He is so full of bull and a thief to boot. He left without paying for the rest of his hunt and stole a ground blind before he left in the middle of the night. He was pissed from the get go because his buddies dumped him and he had to make the 30 mile drive all by himself. Beware of this person outfitters out there, he will take you for a ride and maybe even take some of your gear before he leaves.

Dennis Hurrell
Colorado Outdoor Adventures
719-232-0085
[email protected]
Old 09-25-2017, 05:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by coloradooutdoors1
This is the biggest crock I have ever heard. This guy didn't know the first thing about hunting antelope with archery gear and wouldn't listen to a word we said about what he should do with the limited time he had to hunt (3 days). He is so full of bull and a thief to boot. He left without paying for the rest of his hunt and stole a ground blind before he left in the middle of the night. He was pissed from the get go because his buddies dumped him and he had to make the 30 mile drive all by himself. Beware of this person outfitters out there, he will take you for a ride and maybe even take some of your gear before he leaves.

Dennis Hurrell
Colorado Outdoor Adventures
719-232-0085
[email protected]
First of all, there was nobody there to talk to or pay. I had seen Dennis for literally five minutes and he was in a big hurry to go home. Within five minutes, I could not believe all the lies that I had heard. Next morning when Mark showed up for about another five minutes with more lies. Scott, the one that rushed me to the ranch to start the generator and came back. I had seen him for about half hour and it was OK, at least, he did not tell me any lies. He was honest and told me that there weren't too many animals. And also, he told me that Dennis always lies. None of the three ever called me and told me how to hunt Or how did the hunt go I had been trying to call them and they never answered the phone. I only got a hold of Scott one day and he was directing me over the phone. They never bothered coming and showing me where the boundaries were. These people don't have any Trail camera s or pictures of what they have on their ranch. Just to clear things up (don't listen to this guy's lies)I do not own an outfitter business, I have been guiding for an outfitter for the last 25 years and I can tell you that after someone drives 30 hours to hunt with me I will be waiting to greet them with a glass of wine. I never had anyone waiting for me and In this case, no one was there for me.
I do all my hunts by myself. This is not the first time I drive alone for 30 hours. I did it many other times. I can give you guys references of the people I hunted with and also of the ones i went alone.No one was supposed come with me and if I was afraid to do that drive by myself I would have never went, that's just common sense!
Why can't you just tell the truth, you guys don't have any pronghorns on your property?
Why do you guys let people waste time and money ?
Why was there no one there to show me the property ?
Why did you and Mark never answered my phone calls, prior to the hunt and during the hunt?
What happened to the animals you and Mark claimed that there were hundreds of them?
Why was there no stove and microwave at the camp ?
Why lie to my face and tell me that there are two guys waiting for me to take me out?
Mark claims there are 3 different properties, why was I never even shown one of them?
I already contacted division of outfitter registration
This guys are not member of Colorado outfitter association

Oh yeah about how I don't know how to hunt antelope, is this big enough for you...
Look what I just found in my email archive, Look at the date I sent this email to Mark.
Who's lying now? About the drive
I can teach you how to hunt
Wasted 7 days and $3000.00. I don't want anyone else to have to go through the same thing. Stay away from these people. The best that i could do was to get my down payment back.

Thank You

Last edited by Paskull; 09-27-2017 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Wow, this guy just continues on and I really need to put him in his place. He was very rude from the start, having to drive 3000 miles by himself, for a DIY Antelope hunt when all his buddies bailed on him. I visited with him in camp prior to his hunt and he was very pissed about his buddies and had a chip on is shoulder from the start. I explained to him that with all the moisture that we had, the antelope just weren't in the alfalfa fields and that he needed to stay on the prairie if he wanted to be successful. He was given a complete orientation of the properties and was also given a couple of ground blinds to use if he wanted, which is something we don't normally do for the DIY hunts. Not only did he stiff the outfitter for the rest of the hunt price, but he also stole one of the ground blinds that I was generous enough to let him use. He insisted on only sitting in the blinds for a couple of hours in the morning and a couple of hours before last light. I let him know that that is not the way to hunt these animals, totally different that the whitetail deer he was used to hunting. Anyone that has ever hunted antelope in a blind at waterholes knows that it could be an all day sit, hell possibly two or three before that buck you want comes to the water source. Again, he didn't want to listen and said he knows how to hunt and will do it his way. Very rude individual and one that we would never want in camp with a group, he would be called the camp downer. So, mister, please pay what you owe for the rest of the hunt and for the ground blind that you stole. We should call the fricken police on your ass, you theif!!!! You are obviously a big liar and wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit you in the butt. So stop with all this crap, or we will have to take this to the next level. You wanna play, I can play!!!
Old 10-12-2021, 03:56 PM
Spike

Default oldman21

Don't know about this, I've hunted with quite a few guides in my life time. I have never had a guide that worked harder than Mark, Scott, and Matt. they truly are as happy when some one takes an animal as the hunter is. I'm also a archery hunter and I know going in there are no guarantee's when it comes to hunting. I've hunted with these outfitters for the last nine years. I have serve arthritis but they have always worked with me to get me on game and I see just as much as anyone else. i would recommend Colorado mountain and plains to anyone.