Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
My Experience with South Texas Hunting Outfitters >

My Experience with South Texas Hunting Outfitters

Community
Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

My Experience with South Texas Hunting Outfitters

Old 02-17-2017, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I suspect a schill here. This thread is to give an appraisal of outfitters, good bad,or indifferent. Not to criticize the kind of animal a poster wants to shoot. I smell a rat!
Kind of my thought as well. Lots of pimping for this particular outfitter by that particular member. Besides, If someone has a valid tag in their pocket I personally don't care what deer they want to take. If they want a young tender buck I see no problem with that after all it is their tag right.? Plus, if taking a 5 year old buck ruins a deer herd then that herd is already on shaky ground.

When did hunting for meat or just the joy of the hunt become a bad thing? Why is it all about antler size now? I haven't kept a set of antlers in over 20 years. I leave them in the field for the mice to chew on when I take a buck deer or a bull elk.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Me too. I smell a rat myself. Seems to me someone is posting in favor of this outfitter that has a stake in it.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:25 AM
Spike

Default Terrible experience

I hunted with Haiden in 2014. It was a party of 4 on a late spring hunt for hogs. We hunted south of George West Texas. We could tell after the first days hunt we weren’t going to see anything. One of the locations we hunted had feeders that were not working and they were obviously not feeding corn there. We saw Haiden for one day and of course he was nowhere to be seen on the last day when were discussing how displeased we were with the piss poor effort that was put in on finding hogs prior to the hunt, that is hunting outfitter 101. Will never use his operation again and I highly recommend avoiding him.