HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunts/Outfitter Reviews (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitter-reviews-145/)
-   -   High tines outfitters buffalo county wi (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitter-reviews/395996-high-tines-outfitters-buffalo-county-wi.html)

616hunter 11-28-2014 06:59 PM

High tines outfitters buffalo county wi

High Tines Outfitters is the worst outfitter I have ever hunted with. First of all the guides take you out to dangerous sets then drop you off and then they go hunt the best spots. All the stands I sat in looked like they had been in tree for 5 yrs I actually refused to set in 3 stands because I felt like I would die if I climbed into them. One hunter even got gorged by tree steps climbing out of tree because steps were too far apart. Only seen 3 bucks in 5 days and hunted the first week in November can you say pressure! At the show and on the web site they say 8 hunters a week when I showed up there were 15 guys and barley enough places to sleep in the barn they call a camp. Buffalo county is a great place to hunt but not with high tine outfitters.

Topgun 3006 11-29-2014 10:20 AM

Another first post by a disgruntled hunter! How many other outfits have you hunted with before? If you saw 3 bucks in 5 days, how many did you plan on seeing as I've gone more than one year where I hunt without seeing a single buck. That's why it's called hunting because nothing is guaranteed! Did you investigate that outfit closely as to food, accommodations, hunting sites, quality of equipment provided, number of hunters and amount of land that was to be hunted on, number and quality of animals taken in the past, etc.? All of that should have been discussed, as well as talking about all of that with a number of references that both did and didn't get deer on their hunts before you went on that hunt. If you answer no to any of those, then it's really your own fault if you got screwed!

missed2014 12-15-2014 03:52 PM

I was in camp the 2 days you were there, out of 5 you were booked for. You expected to be handed a buck in your lap. It was a rut hunt. That can sometimes be feast or famine. You had no idea on how to bow hunt, rattle or call. Your expectations were not going to be met unless you shot a monster buck in the first half hour you hunted. Your friend on the trip with you had absolutely no problems on how his hunt was progressing and you spoiled it for him. You had no patience. You are afraid of heights, which you did not inform the guides of. From what you said you were on your phone while on stand. You actually said you had a shot at a buck when you had to cut your phone call short so you could shoot. You also trespassed onto the neighbors properties and sat in some of their stands after we were all specifically told to stay in your stand and to notify the guides when we wanted to come out for a break. Luckily you were not caught and issued a fine by the Sheriffs Dept. There is no guarantee of a buck on these guided hunts but everything is done to get an opportunity to harvest a big buck. Guides cannot control your shooting ability, your scent control, which you had none of, your shot placement or skill level as a hunter. I have hunted with Cory for several years and the guides were not hunting while you were there. They did make trips to other farms to check trail cameras to stay on top of the action to get hunters in the best spots based on the wind. As far as accommodations you and you friend had your own private room. The place is not a barn. It is actually a very comfortable setting to feel at home. Granted its not five star but I am there to hunt, not be pampered, and to be part of the hunting camp atmosphere with camaraderie, stories, joking around and a little ribbing when needed. It's to bad you felt like you were given a raw deal but don't blame anyone but yourself on that hunt.
1. PREPARATION
2. PATIENCE
3. PERSISTENCE
Sorry but "You" missed the boat on all three.
Learn from "Your" mistakes and good luck in your future hunts!

Topgun 3006 12-15-2014 05:01 PM

missed 2014---I'd bet as a first time poster now coming on to contradict what the first time OP stated that you either own or are employed by that outfitter! The reason I say that is that very seldom will a first time poster come on a thread like you did and not be affiliated with who is getting dissed on---just sayin!!!

flags 12-16-2014 05:28 AM

My guess is both of them are trolls. The OP probably works for a competing outfit and missed2014 probably works for the accused outfit or might even be the owner. Neither have any credibility in my eyes.

Topgun 3006 12-16-2014 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by flags (Post 4175580)
My guess is both of them are trolls. The OP probably works for a competing outfit and missed2014 probably works for the accused outfit or might even be the owner. Neither have any credibility in my eyes.

I would not be at all surprised that what you say may be the actual facts of the matter and your final statement is also the way I look at threads like this when they are first time posters on the site. Now if it had been one of our regular members that's been on here for a length of time and has established some credibility, then it would probably be an entirely different situation.

missed2014 12-21-2014 08:11 AM

So you think as a new member I should not refute bad info as I become aware it? Aren't these type of sites out there for information? Am I supposed to sit back and let someones reputation be damaged thru false claims? I was there hunting ...you were not. "Think" what you want

kingranch1 12-28-2014 03:55 PM

im considering getting a hunt with high tines outfitters this year however with fifteen guys in camp i would not want to come.. Is this really true because the website stated that no more than 8 hunters will be in camp..

kingranch1 12-28-2014 03:56 PM

does anyone else ever hunted with this high tines outfitter. ?

Topgun 3006 12-29-2014 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by missed2014 (Post 4176558)
So you think as a new member I should not refute bad info as I become aware it? Aren't these type of sites out there for information? Am I supposed to sit back and let someones reputation be damaged thru false claims? I was there hunting ...you were not. "Think" what you want

That's exactly what I'm saying because as flags and I both mentioned, neither of you have any credibility at all due to being first time posters. Too many times a guy comes on a website like that and then another first time poster shows up to contradict him. Before it's all over it will turn out that one or the other or both aren't reliable since we don't know them (YOU) from Adam. I've seen it more than once when a guy comes on and is actually a competitor of the guy he's dissing. Then another guy comes on like you have and it turns out it's the owner of the company being dissed or one of his employees saying the guy is the greatest in the world. If either of you had been on here for a length of time to establish some credibility is one thing. To expect us to listen to either one of you is a stretch.

To kingranch1 still asking about High Tines all I can say is that I did a search on the net and there are only two reviews. Both say they had a dozen hunters in camp and only a small buck or two was shot the entire week they were there and the properties are overhunted and suffering for it! Let the buyer beware!

CalHunter 12-29-2014 12:51 PM

Kind of a wash as all 3 "members" are brand new with only 1-2 posts each and all of those posts are on this topic only. Any or all 3 of them could be legitimate or not. It's hard to make that determination with just a few posts that are all on this one specific subject. FWIW, most members build up credibility with other members through hundreds, thousands or sometimes even 10,000's of posts where other members have vetted them throughout that posting process and have learned to trust them. In all fairness, I don't think hardly anybody is going to develop that credibility (good or bad) with just a few posts as it's too hard to figure out where that new member is coming from and what motives they have or not.

This sub-forum was conceived as a place for members to post good and bad info about outfitters so that others could research an outfitter if they were interested and hopefully connect with another hunter with relevant hunting experience with that guide or outfitter. Member(s) can post general stuff about an outfitter or guide and then interested members are free to PM that member for more details, contacts, etc. It's designed to be a reference for further research on an outfitter or guide through other members that have hopefully established credibility and are not personally involved with that outfitter or guide.

The sub-forum is NOT designed to be a place where people file complaints against an outfitter--there are organizations who handle that responsibility. Some of these places (but not all) include state Fish and Game departments, Outfitter and/or Guide associations, BBB, Dept. of Consumer Affairs, etc. Anybody researching an outfitter should automatically conduct this kind of research, especially if they haven't been able to find previous hunters as references.

I think pretty much everybody has gone on a hunt, guided or not, where the hunt did not meet their expectations. Whether it's DIY or guided, talking with other hunters is often a valuable part of scouting research for any hunt being considered. Many people don't have enough time or live too far away from the hunting area to do their own scouting and thus consider hunting with a guide or outfitter.

When people do so, they have an expectation that the guide or outfitter has done sufficient scouting, knows the area and animals and has a good chance of putting them on game. That's all it is. A good chance of being put on game. Not a guarantee or sure fire thing. For that, you would need to hunt a high fence operation and even then, things don't always work, especially if the fenced area involves a large enough area for the animals to hide.

The bottom line in this soapbox is that this sub-forum is maintained as a resource for hunters doing research and is not the place to resolve complaints or problems. As such, any ongoing feuds will simply be deleted with the initial posts left as a potential resource for interested hunters. If you have any questions, please PM me and I will do my best to get you an answer.

CalHunter

Bufalo County Homeboy 11-25-2015 11:20 AM

I have sat by the wayside for long enough. I am an 18+ year landowner bordering a property leased by High Tines Outfitters (Cory). I have had repeated incursions onto my private property by others from this leased property for all 18+ years, all without bothering to seek permission first. I have had conversations with Cory regarding the fact that he should never cross our borders until he obtains direct permission from me for that occasion. Nevertheless, he, his partners/employees, and/or his clients have trespassed on several occasions, even though he assured me he would not, and adamantly denied he has done so. On Nov 7 of this year, I witnessed a small racked buck that had been poorly hit by an arrow rush past me and 2 relatives at 5 yards like a fast freight train, directly off Cory's leased land. It had travelled 500+ yards and was going strong. Since I could see the blood stain from the arrow hit, I ended my hunt for the day and returned home to await Cory's call for permission to trespass in order to track this buck (definitely way under P&Y 125 minimum as an 8 pointer), plus I skipped the next morning's hunt to do the same thing. The call never came, neither did a personal visit to my house. So I predicted to our group I would need to catch him trespassing red-handed, and I went out to the area a few hours after daylight. I did not even have to wait for Cory, his partner, and 2 paying clients. I walked right in on them in the middle of my property without permission, trying to track a poorly hit animal. He exposed all 4 of them to trespassing charges, and he was informed that his illegal actions have now permanently removed any chance of his tracking any wounded deer onto our property as he has created the last straw. Now his clients that hunt the narrow fringes of our large woodlands and farm will likely lose many shot deer onto our land (downhill from his), even after paying Cory nearly $3,000 for 4 days of hunting. They may kill a trophy, but they will likely not be able to take it home with them. Cory has no one else to thank but himself for placing his clients in such a bad spot. He has demonstrated poor judgment, a complete lack of respect for his neighbor AND THE LAW, and a lack of integrity and ethics. So if you still choose to hunt with this outfitter, be aware they you run a high risk of losing your trophy onto our property which is off-limits to Cory and High Tines Outfitters.