Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
High tines outfitters buffalo county wi >

High tines outfitters buffalo county wi

Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

High tines outfitters buffalo county wi

Old 11-28-2014, 06:59 PM
Spike

Thumbs down High tines outfitters buffalo county wi

High Tines Outfitters is the worst outfitter I have ever hunted with. First of all the guides take you out to dangerous sets then drop you off and then they go hunt the best spots. All the stands I sat in looked like they had been in tree for 5 yrs I actually refused to set in 3 stands because I felt like I would die if I climbed into them. One hunter even got gorged by tree steps climbing out of tree because steps were too far apart. Only seen 3 bucks in 5 days and hunted the first week in November can you say pressure! At the show and on the web site they say 8 hunters a week when I showed up there were 15 guys and barley enough places to sleep in the barn they call a camp. Buffalo county is a great place to hunt but not with high tine outfitters.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Another first post by a disgruntled hunter! How many other outfits have you hunted with before? If you saw 3 bucks in 5 days, how many did you plan on seeing as I've gone more than one year where I hunt without seeing a single buck. That's why it's called hunting because nothing is guaranteed! Did you investigate that outfit closely as to food, accommodations, hunting sites, quality of equipment provided, number of hunters and amount of land that was to be hunted on, number and quality of animals taken in the past, etc.? All of that should have been discussed, as well as talking about all of that with a number of references that both did and didn't get deer on their hunts before you went on that hunt. If you answer no to any of those, then it's really your own fault if you got screwed!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-15-2014 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Spike

I was in camp the 2 days you were there, out of 5 you were booked for. You expected to be handed a buck in your lap. It was a rut hunt. That can sometimes be feast or famine. You had no idea on how to bow hunt, rattle or call. Your expectations were not going to be met unless you shot a monster buck in the first half hour you hunted. Your friend on the trip with you had absolutely no problems on how his hunt was progressing and you spoiled it for him. You had no patience. You are afraid of heights, which you did not inform the guides of. From what you said you were on your phone while on stand. You actually said you had a shot at a buck when you had to cut your phone call short so you could shoot. You also trespassed onto the neighbors properties and sat in some of their stands after we were all specifically told to stay in your stand and to notify the guides when we wanted to come out for a break. Luckily you were not caught and issued a fine by the Sheriffs Dept. There is no guarantee of a buck on these guided hunts but everything is done to get an opportunity to harvest a big buck. Guides cannot control your shooting ability, your scent control, which you had none of, your shot placement or skill level as a hunter. I have hunted with Cory for several years and the guides were not hunting while you were there. They did make trips to other farms to check trail cameras to stay on top of the action to get hunters in the best spots based on the wind. As far as accommodations you and you friend had your own private room. The place is not a barn. It is actually a very comfortable setting to feel at home. Granted its not five star but I am there to hunt, not be pampered, and to be part of the hunting camp atmosphere with camaraderie, stories, joking around and a little ribbing when needed. It's to bad you felt like you were given a raw deal but don't blame anyone but yourself on that hunt.
1. PREPARATION
2. PATIENCE
3. PERSISTENCE
Sorry but "You" missed the boat on all three.
Learn from "Your" mistakes and good luck in your future hunts!
Old 12-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

missed 2014---I'd bet as a first time poster now coming on to contradict what the first time OP stated that you either own or are employed by that outfitter! The reason I say that is that very seldom will a first time poster come on a thread like you did and not be affiliated with who is getting dissed on---just sayin!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-16-2014 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

My guess is both of them are trolls. The OP probably works for a competing outfit and missed2014 probably works for the accused outfit or might even be the owner. Neither have any credibility in my eyes.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
My guess is both of them are trolls. The OP probably works for a competing outfit and missed2014 probably works for the accused outfit or might even be the owner. Neither have any credibility in my eyes.
I would not be at all surprised that what you say may be the actual facts of the matter and your final statement is also the way I look at threads like this when they are first time posters on the site. Now if it had been one of our regular members that's been on here for a length of time and has established some credibility, then it would probably be an entirely different situation.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Spike

So you think as a new member I should not refute bad info as I become aware it? Aren't these type of sites out there for information? Am I supposed to sit back and let someones reputation be damaged thru false claims? I was there hunting ...you were not. "Think" what you want
Old 12-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Spike

im considering getting a hunt with high tines outfitters this year however with fifteen guys in camp i would not want to come.. Is this really true because the website stated that no more than 8 hunters will be in camp..
Old 12-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Spike

does anyone else ever hunted with this high tines outfitter. ?
Old 12-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by missed2014
So you think as a new member I should not refute bad info as I become aware it? Aren't these type of sites out there for information? Am I supposed to sit back and let someones reputation be damaged thru false claims? I was there hunting ...you were not. "Think" what you want
That's exactly what I'm saying because as flags and I both mentioned, neither of you have any credibility at all due to being first time posters. Too many times a guy comes on a website like that and then another first time poster shows up to contradict him. Before it's all over it will turn out that one or the other or both aren't reliable since we don't know them (YOU) from Adam. I've seen it more than once when a guy comes on and is actually a competitor of the guy he's dissing. Then another guy comes on like you have and it turns out it's the owner of the company being dissed or one of his employees saying the guy is the greatest in the world. If either of you had been on here for a length of time to establish some credibility is one thing. To expect us to listen to either one of you is a stretch.

To kingranch1 still asking about High Tines all I can say is that I did a search on the net and there are only two reviews. Both say they had a dozen hunters in camp and only a small buck or two was shot the entire week they were there and the properties are overhunted and suffering for it! Let the buyer beware!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.