Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
Quaking aspen outfitters reviews >

Quaking aspen outfitters reviews

Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

Quaking aspen outfitters reviews

Old 11-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Quaking aspen outfitters reviews

Just looking to see if anyone has hunted elk with them before . A group of us are looking for feed back . Anything helps !
Old 11-28-2014, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

See the other thread where you posted the same question, which incidentally is referred to as spamming and is frowned and is against the rules on websites like this. PS: There is an outfitters section where it would be best to have placed your post.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Hard to get any answers on here hence posting in 2 different places
Old 11-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bikerman9967
I have to disagree with you on that and if you put them in the right place you'll get answers!
Old 11-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Ha I don't think that has anything to do with it
Old 11-30-2014, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bikerman9967
Seems to me that you got your answer in the big game forum. Nobody has admitted to hunting with them but based on the info on their web site I'd avoid them and I told you why on the other forum. Besides, Top is correct when he says multiple postings of the same thing are not allowed on this forum. Check the forum rules if you don't believe him.

However it would be remiss of me to not state that I don't believe in outfitters in the first place. I've hunted 13 states and willing used one an any of those states. The only times I have used any sort of outfitter is where it is required by law (Canada and Africa). When I get to the point that I need an outfitter to lead me around and show me game, I'll hang up the rifle.

But to each his own. If you want to stroke that guy a check, have at it.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Topic moved to the Outfitter Review forum per HNI rules. Please do not make multiple posts or post in the wrong forums.

CalHunter
Old 12-01-2014, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Seems to me that you got your answer in the big game forum. Nobody has admitted to hunting with them but based on the info on their web site I'd avoid them and I told you why on the other forum. Besides, Top is correct when he says multiple postings of the same thing are not allowed on this forum. Check the forum rules if you don't believe him.

However it would be remiss of me to not state that I don't believe in outfitters in the first place. I've hunted 13 states and willing used one an any of those states. The only times I have used any sort of outfitter is where it is required by law (Canada and Africa). When I get to the point that I need an outfitter to lead me around and show me game, I'll hang up the rifle.

long story short, (now that im on a computer and not a phone) . my father in law and a few friends went to Wyoming in September and came home only with cows. i guess the weather was horrible and was really foggy every day so spotting elk was tough. they tagged a cow on the last day for the meat, ironically spotted a few bulls when packing out. they wanted to re-book and go back for 2017 but i guess they cant get a hold of that guy. so they are looking for other outfitters. i was invited for this go around. well my FIL has really bad communication and told me on Tuesday of last week that they were booking with this quaking aspen outfitters and gave me the paperwork at the last minute. so ive been frantically trying to find out info on the place before sending off money.
i understand they way of hunting without an outfitter. i wish i could roll like that but ive never even been out west let alone hunted for elk. personally im just not experienced enough to do something like that. the other guys who are booking with our party is in the same boat.

ive done as much research as i possibly can in this short amount of time and haven't really come up with any conclusions on this place. i talked to the owner on Saturday evening and seemed like a smart enough guy. he didn't try blowing any sunshine up my rear and gave some me realistic expectations. that said, you never know these days.

im not one to try and argue on these things. im apart of probably 20 different forums so i get the rules. they are the same on all of these things. apologies if anyone thought i was being a pain, i was trying to get information as quick as possible . i seem to be in the same predicament as i was when i started this up. not knowing a whole lot.

thanks for the input
Old 12-01-2014, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags

Thank you for your input and and as always it's worth exactly what we paid for it...

I have used a outfitter in KY[ 4 times] and AL [1 time] mainly because of limited time and the ability to hunt large pieces of prime ground with limited pressure.
I will admit that my KY outfitter [ now a good friend] gives me free reign now as long as he has no other clients I bring my own climbers and hunt pretty much where I want.. But I still take his advice [sometimes lol]because he knows the land better then me.

One thing folks need to know...is even with a very good outfitter it's still hunting and "not" just shooting fish in a barrel..
Old 12-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

bikerman9967 have you checked out any of the outfitter review sites? there are two that generally have good info..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.