HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunts/Outfitter Reviews (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitter-reviews-145/)
-   -   Migule Mtn/Beaver Mtn Outfitters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitter-reviews/395102-migule-mtn-beaver-mtn-outfitters.html)

bronko22000 10-24-2014 11:39 AM

Migule Mtn/Beaver Mtn Outfitters

Species: Moose, Caribou, Bear
I recently came back from a moose hunt with the above outfitter and have the following comments:
Accommodations: Excellent
Food: Excellent
Hospitality: Excellent
Rate: Very good
Quantity/Quality of animals: Fair
Our hunt took place Oct 12-18, 2014. The weather turned out not to be very good for moose as it was in the 60s and 70s every day. The hunt area was heavily wooded with spruce and fir with open bogs and marshes and hilly terrain. Travel to hunt area from camp was by pick-up or ATV. Depending on you guide's knowledge or experience you may either move from local to local or stay in one area all day. But you have to trust him. They've been doing this for over 50 years. I got my moose on Tuesday with my friend getting his on Thursday. Both 'meat' bulls. He had see a much bigger bull on Monday but it only presented a frontal shot so he passed. Friday, the third member in camp missed a dandy bull and ended up shooting a cow. There were two other hunters in camp that gave up and quit early. But these 'hunters' were unrealistic. They expected to harvest both a moose and a bear each and be gone by Wednesday! BTW I did see a dandy black bear but had no tag.
I would recommend this outfitter if you want a nice experience, a relatively easy hunt (physically) and not specifically looking for a trophy bull. Even though there are some around. It would be a good hunt for a youngster or spouse too. All hunts are 1 guide per hunter.

CalHunter 10-24-2014 03:52 PM

Sounds like you had a really good hunt. It's okay to list the pricing if you choose as that always seems to be a question people ask. It's always nice to see positive reviews.

bronko22000 10-24-2014 05:28 PM

CalHunter - Hunt price was $3250 Canadian or roughly a bit over $3000 US. That was about $1000 less than any other outfitter and was what pushed me over the fence. This was a case of getting more than you paid for when compared to other outfitters in the area.
Additionally we had excellent communication with the outfitter prior to the hunt.

Big Uncle 11-06-2014 12:11 PM

Sounds like fun. A picture of a "meat" bull would be nice. Did you have the meat processed in Canada? Was driving back into the U.S. with the bulls a pain at Customs?

bronko22000 10-22-2015 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Big Uncle (Post 4168136)
Sounds like fun. A picture of a "meat" bull would be nice. Did you have the meat processed in Canada? Was driving back into the U.S. with the bulls a pain at Customs?

Big - We had absolutely no problem. We completed a firearms form to bring a rifle into Canada. When we got to the border we told them we had firearms and we went inside and they did their thing with the documentation which was returned to us and acted as our permit to have the rifle in Canada. They never even looked at them for confirmation. Upon return to the US we presented same documentation and declared the processed moose. US Customs gave us paperwork to complete and they did their thing with it and left us on on way. About 20-30 mins entering Canada and the same returning to the US but nothing to be concerned with.

bronko22000 10-22-2015 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You wanted pics of our "meat" bulls.

Big Uncle 10-26-2015 02:12 PM

That is the size of bull that I had imagined when I looked over their site and saw the pictures in their gallery. I think that they currently want 3,900 Canadian dollars for their hunts. Looks like it could be an interesting hunt and still a pretty good value.

http://www.migulemountainoutfitters.com/

Nice bulls. The only thing that spoils the picture are the two rough looking characters holding the antlers.

the blur 12-13-2019 05:57 PM

Was this in Nova Scotia, or Newfoundland ?