HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunts/Outfitter Reviews (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitter-reviews-145/)
-   -   Another review On Rich Botta---Booking Agent (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunts-outfitter-reviews/389025-another-review-rich-botta-booking-agent.html)

Topgun 3006 01-16-2014 08:41 AM

Another review On Rich Botta---Booking Agent

From another major website:
This hunt was supposed to be a lease on multiple private farms in IOWA during the 2nd gun season 2009. My friend and I drove 25 hrs to get there and found out that the "farmer" who's land we were supposed to hunt didn't have any land because he was not a farmer but some out of work handyman. We spent 3 days trying to salvage out hunt with no avail. We never got to hunt because there was no land to hunt. We got totally screwed. Rich agreed to refund our money. First it was by the end of January, then it was by the end of February. Still no refund. We wasted 5 days, gas money, tags, lodging and our deposit of $600 each. NEVER USE THIS GUY, HE IS A CROOK..........BEWARE THIS GUY SELLS HUNTS ON EBAY. my email is [email protected] if you would like any further info.

deernutz 01-16-2014 08:55 AM

Yeah i just read that one. The net is littered with bad reviews. What an idiot. Just pay the guy his money.

Topgun 3006 01-16-2014 09:20 AM

Another interesting fact is that Botta has now come on this website under two different usernames! Maybe today he'll make it three, LOL!

Topgun 3006 01-16-2014 09:27 AM

A Review on another site from a guy that talked to Botta and make sure to read #3:

"I've talked to the guy on the phone. My impression is that he was pretty clueless on lots of his mule deer hunts. For instance:

1. He had mule deer hunts offered in the Oklahoma Panhandle. In the description it was listed as an area where many Boone and Crocket deer were killed every year. Anyone who pays attention knows that's a lie. I asked him on the phone about that and his reply was, "that's what the landowner told me".

2. He advertised several muley hunts on the E Plains of Colorado. When I talked to him about that I told him to have the outfitter to call me, and he did. He didn't even have any more tags available.

3. There was another trophy hunt advertised for NW Colorado. He had attached a picture for this hunt of some huge bucks that resided on an area outside of SL City UT that couldn't be hunted. I had seen the pic before on Muley Crazy and they had the real scoop on the pictures.

In short I personally think this Rich guy is clueless."

CalHunter 01-16-2014 05:49 PM

I think the message has been delivered and members can do their own Google searches if they want to read additional reviews.

CalHunter

nativedeerhunter 06-30-2014 11:07 PM

con man rich botta

This rich botta is a total rip off he got me and my family for 5000 dollars and no hunt this crooked

punk is a joke

nativedeerhunter 06-30-2014 11:10 PM

This con man rich botta ripped me and my family off for 5000 dollars can't wait till he gets hung by his nuts that guy is a joke