Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures >

Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures

Community
Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures

Old 01-16-2014, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

So how can Botta say on his website that it's a team that goes on possibly
30+ hunts a year to document how good the operations are, but the company registration in NY says it's a one person operation making approximately $50,000 a year. Then you read this review below in quotes with the summation line at the bottom that sounds pretty obvious and accurate and I'd add more than clueless to that summation, but am not going to risk getting banned:

"I've talked to the guy on the phone. My impression is that he was pretty clueless on lots of his mule deer hunts. For instance:

1. He had mule deer hunts offered in the Oklahoma Panhandle. In the description it was listed as an area where many Boone and Crocket deer were killed every year. Anyone who pays attention knows that's a lie. I asked him on the phone about that and his reply was, "that's what the landowner told me".

2. He advertised several muley hunts on the E Plains of Colorado. When I talked to him about that I told him to have the outfitter to call me, and he did. He didn't even have any more tags available.

3. There was another trophy hunt advertised for NW Colorado. He had attached a picture for this hunt of some huge bucks that resided on an area outside of SL City UT that couldn't be hunted. I had seen the pic before on Muley Crazy and they had the real scoop on the pictures.

In short I personally think this Rich guy is clueless."

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-16-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

The really weird thing on this whole deal is that Botta explains in that lengthy post about the guy cancelling a hunt and why he won't refund the $2K, but he keeps saying he was offering the guy all kinds of different hunts that he didn't want. If the latter is the case, why was a check for $2K sent and cashed? Is there an outfitter that got 90% of that check to hold a hunt and if there is Botta couod have him come forward, but that hasn't happened. First you need to book a hunt and that is what the $2K should have been for. The complainant says he sent the check early in the year, but didn't say he had actually booked a hunt anywhere for that $2K. All he says is that he didn't want any of the hunts offered him and asked for his money back. The website says you can get a refund if done 6 months or more before a booked, scheduled hunt and I think that would be what this situation might come under. Who knows, but if I was Botta I would have sent the guy the $2K and been done with it well before any posts got out all over the internet dissing his business. This is just my opinion from trying to put all the pieces together and it's so messed up that there is no way anyone can actually say who's at fault because neither has come forward with the signed contract that supposedly exists and that should spell out all the details to help solve the situation!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-16-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Long story short, he booked a hunt that you did not provide so refund his money. If this is how you treat clients that put up hard earned money for a hunt that you were hired to provide then do expect to be in business very long!
Old 01-19-2014, 03:26 AM
Spike

Default Topgun

Topgun is at it again !! Im clueless?? I have never used pics that did not come from the camp you will be hunting!! And i do sell over 30 mule deer hunts ayear. What a boring life you most have if all you do is come on these sites and talk bad about ne your no better then sled. I do not beleive we ever talked on the phone but please do not ever call me again. You are lying just like sled now !! I did have tahs in eastern plains colorado??? Want his number?? And those pics of muleys all came from my guides !! Only person cluess and has a boring life is topgun!! So i have a life and do not have time to play childish games with you on here.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:33 AM
Spike

Topgun send me the outfitter info you talked to that he was sold out and show me the picture that i was supposely lying about??? I will call my outfitter asap and let him kbow what u said! Only one lying here is you
Old 01-19-2014, 05:56 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Huntrick most of what you post would be far bettered suited to use the PM
please use that format
thanks
Old 01-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

JW---It appears those are personal attacks against the site rules and it might help if he could read and comprehend what is being stated. My post had quotes from another hunter that said he talked with Botta on the phone. It was not me making those allegations. I sent him a PM and hope he can comprehend it, but I won't hold my breath.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by scaponi
Hey Rich, have at it...Have all your clients post what a great booking agent you are. Go ahead man, it's your right. Back you stuff up. Also go ahead, post your outfitters here. If they will back up your story you should do it. I just don't get why you said before that Sled wasn't due his deposit back but now you say you'll give him his deposit back if he does something. He's either due it back or he's not...which is it ?

Also rather than just repeating the same statement, when people ask questions on here-or other sites for that matter-answer the questions. Don't just put out a rant, answer the specific questions people ask you about this situation....just some advice
Rich, once again....please answer my post. If you want to end this professionally just answer my post. This is the 3rd time I've asked you but you get caught up in the name calling. Act like a professional. You have stated your outfitters will back you up, post who they are and let people talk to them. You offered it now back it up. Also, why state you're going to give the guy his money back but do it with stipulations ? If you believe you're right don't give it back and post proof he's not due it back. YOU need to end this, this is hurting YOUR business. The longer it drags on the worse it gets.

Now if you wouldn't mind answering my questions I'd appreciate it. You also might want to notice I'm not slamming you, I'm trying to figure out who's wrong here. The internet makes the world a small place and the longer you drag this out the more people are only going to hear about the bad with you
Old 01-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

I think this topic has run its' course. Anybody considering Huntrick's outfitter service and reading this topic has enough information to determine what additional research might be appropriate and make an informed decision for themselves. Arguing with Huntrick about what did or did not happen in this transaction is futile as you would need to examine the contract, interview Huntrick, the hunter, landowners and anybody else with relevant information in this incident. That isn't the purpose of this forum or website. If you have any questions, please PM JW, deerdust or me. Thanks.

CalHunter