Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures >

Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures

Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures

Old 01-13-2014, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

Boo Friggin Hoo

I didn't do my homework now my ...Deleted by CalHunter... hurts and I want to cry about it.

Come on ............ lets be men here.

Last edited by CalHunter; 01-13-2014 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language towards another member.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

This topic has been moved to the Hunts/Outfitter forum where it seems to more properly belong. I've left a 1-week redirect notice in the old forum so people who are following this topic can still find it and participate if they choose to do so. There are a lot of valid points already expressed in the topic and some excellent advice regarding using outfitters, booking agents and guiding services for hunting. Such advice very well could save a member from having to go through this type of ordeal in the future. Thanks to those who are giving of their time and good advice.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

It kills me how every time someone posts a warning about an outfitter, half the responses attack the victim of the scam. Maybe the victim should have been more careful, but the thief who stole the money is the bad guy, and the victim's naivety doesn't excuse the thief's behavior one bit. If you walk through a bad area of town and get mugged, does the mugger get a free pass?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

If it were me I would find out where he lives and be on a plane the next day................
Old 01-15-2014, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Murdy
It kills me how every time someone posts a warning about an outfitter, half the responses attack the victim of the scam. Maybe the victim should have been more careful, but the thief who stole the money is the bad guy, and the victim's naivety doesn't excuse the thief's behavior one bit. If you walk through a bad area of town and get mugged, does the mugger get a free pass?
***Actually when this type of situation is posted it's almost always a first post by someone nobody knows because they have no site history. Therefore, it's probably best not to make any comments in favor of either side because we dont know what the actual story is. A person should not toss money out without doing a very thorough check and there should be a written contract signed before any money is exchanged. Take a look at the followup thread on this situation and it appears the guy is a scam artist, but at least some of the blame lies with a person who didn't do anywhere near the homework they should have before putting down a big chunk of money to a stranger!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-15-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:18 PM
Spike

Default sled is a liar

Hi Im Rich Botta, Hunter Sled Reynolds booked a hunt with me. Let me explian to you what is really going on Sled and a group of 6 of his friends booked a trip with me in 2012 and in craig colorado and everyone tagged out. So he wanted to book a hunt in 2013 in Colorado again but with a different guide. So I recommended an outfitter in Trinidad Colorado and he said he didn’t want to go there, then I mentioned sand hills Nebraska,Montana,Utahan,Alberta,Saskatchewan Canada and Mexico and he said no to all of these. He wanted a hunt in craig clorado because he found out a friend was going with a different outfitter and just wanted his money back. We do not give refunds if we have the hunt you booked for. Well a few days later he started posting lies about me ( saying I don not have hunts for mule deer in the US) which I do many as mentioned above!! I also have outfiitters that will testify that we did have openings this fall for mule deer you may call them if you like I even had a hunt for him in Colorado in Trinidad. Sled went to all the forums and posted lies about me. In December. I sent sled a messege stating that I would refund him entirely the $2000 if he would stop the games and take all the posts down as they are not true. He did not respond instead he posted more lies about me !!! THE OFFER IS STILL THERE SLED IF YOU TAKE DOWN THE LIES YOU WROTE ABOUT ME ON ALL THE FORUMS I WILL SEND YOU A CHECK FOR $2000 OVERNIGHT!!! also what everyone does not realize here is that sled is a wealthy man he works in hollywood 2k is nothing for him he just wants to be a pain he actually told me he hired a kid to go online and talk bad about me all over the internet . Sled does not even know what he wrote!!!! and for everyone taking his side without evening know the whole story you should know your facts first and BTW when booking with me you speak with the outfitter before booking a hunt anyeways the outfitter wants to see if you a good match for him and if he is a match for you.. And for people saying why use a booking agent??? well what you do not know is all the time and money we spend going on horrible trips!!! getting scammed by outfitters losing over 20K ayear just so our clients can be happy and have a great hunt. We have been in business for over 12 years and as you see there are not many bad reviews online only the same 2 guys over and over again!!!!FUNNY THINGS ABOUT HAPPY CLIENTS THEY NEVER CALL YOU BACK AFTER A HUNT THE ONLY PEOPLE YOU HEAR FROM ARE THE UNHAPPY ONES . I WILL START GETTING MY OLD CLIENTS AND NEW CLIENTS TO START WRITING FORUMS ABOUT ME ON HOW GREAT MY HUNTS ARE I DESERVE THAT WITH ALL THE WORK I PUT IN. FEEL FREE TO TALK TO MY OUTFITTERS THEY WILL TESTIFY FOR ME , I SEND THEM MANY HAPPY HUNTERS. please feel free inbox me with questions or concerns im really disappointed how this turned out and would like to resolve this issue but its a 2way st here. Sled went on 30+sites and lied on all them be a man take everything down and I will send back your deposit!!!!
Rich
Old 01-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Spike

Hey Rich, have at it...Have all your clients post what a great booking agent you are. Go ahead man, it's your right. Back you stuff up. Also go ahead, post your outfitters here. If they will back up your story you should do it. I just don't get why you said before that Sled wasn't due his deposit back but now you say you'll give him his deposit back if he does something. He's either due it back or he's not...which is it ?

Also rather than just repeating the same statement, when people ask questions on here-or other sites for that matter-answer the questions. Don't just put out a rant, answer the specific questions people ask you about this situation....just some advice
Old 01-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've followed this for awhile here and other sites. All I can say is Rich if you wanna salvage anything from this give the guy his money back. He brought a product that you couldn't provide. He asked for his money back after you told him you couldn't deliver your product. He didn't want to hunt anywhere but Craig.

Stop being a cry baby and do what good business men do and refund his money. Your screaming and crying about the stuff he posted about you. Well sir look in the mirror. If you would have done the right thing from the beginning you wouldn't be in this predicament. 100% of all of this lays on you. Look at it this way. Is $2000 really worth the $1000's more your gonna lose from the fall out. You type your name and the number 1 hit is a bad review on google. Don't think you can afford that.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Below in quotes is what's on his website and yet the NY registration for the company says one employee and annually the company makes about $50K. How can one guy go on that many trips a year and run any business? Which is it Richie? Are you a one person business or on a par with the biggies in the industry the way you make it sound, LOL?!!!

"We are a team of professional hunting consultants that have gained our experience by going on anywhere from 20-35 hunts per year. We only recommend and sell trips that we have went on ourselves prior to ever sending our clients. We deal with over 50 outfitters all over the world, including the following locations: Colorado, Montana, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Utah, South Dakota, Alaska, Africa, including all of the Provinces in Canada."
Old 01-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

About the Complainant: Paul "Sled" Reynolds

Paul "Sled" Reynolds, sometimes credited as Paul C. Reynolds, Paul Reynolds, Slad Reynolds, or Sled Reynolds, is an animal trainer, best known for his work in film.

***At least now we know who both parties are in this mess!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.