Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures >

Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures

Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures

Old 11-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Spike

Hi everyone what sled did not tell you is that he was so happy with my services the first year he booked again the second year!!! I do have hunts for him to go on in the US but he does not want to go he booked with someone else!!!

I have been in business over 12years and booked over 1000 hunts and had 1000's of happy clients and returning clients how much bad stuff do you read about me on the internet?? not much problem is when clients are happy they dont tell anyone or go on websites and talk about it. once in awhile you will have a client like this gentleman and i do have hunts in Colorado,montana,canada,Utah and many more area's for mule deer thanks Rich
Old 11-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Yo Rich,

Yo didn't specifically answer to this claim:

After ten months with no response to e-mails, calls, or texts, two weeks before the hunt, he tells me he has no hunts in Craig.

Did the OP really have to wait ten months to hear from you?
Old 11-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NEhomer
Yo Rich,

Yo didn't specifically answer to this claim:

After ten months with no response to e-mails, calls, or texts, two weeks before the hunt, he tells me he has no hunts in Craig.

Did the OP really have to wait ten months to hear from you?
I wouldn't respond to this thread, just let it die. I will explain for anyone else who may think to continue.

The original posters IP was posted on another forum. IP was listed from Bakersfield, CA. If you do a search of his name to Bakersfield your results are gonna be for some Hollywood professional Animal Trainer blah, blah, blah. Why would an animal trainer with animal rights background go on a hunting excursion i don't know.

Now to the Rich guy. Looking at his associated accounts like his Ebay account for example. All his positive feedback was from accounts in 2010 and prior. Has he not had any hunts since then. He still has several dozen posted on ebay. Every site with a negative comment has the same generic response.

Im not saying this whole thing couldn't be real but the feel and coincidence just doesn't feel like a real issue. More an attempt to get his name out using a poor method of a complaint first and response.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
I wouldn't respond to this thread, just let it die. I will explain for anyone else who may think to continue.

The original posters IP was posted on another forum. IP was listed from Bakersfield, CA. If you do a search of his name to Bakersfield your results are gonna be for some Hollywood professional Animal Trainer blah, blah, blah. Why would an animal trainer with animal rights background go on a hunting excursion i don't know.

Now to the Rich guy. Looking at his associated accounts like his Ebay account for example. All his positive feedback was from accounts in 2010 and prior. Has he not had any hunts since then. He still has several dozen posted on ebay. Every site with a negative comment has the same generic response.

Im not saying this whole thing couldn't be real but the feel and coincidence just doesn't feel like a real issue. More an attempt to get his name out using a poor method of a complaint first and response.
The guy's an animal trainer with an animal rights background?? You have the booking agent on here saying this isn't the first trip the guy has taken, so I highly doubt he's some anti-hunter out to wreck the agent's business.

And to anything that thinks this is an attempt at getting publicity by posting a complaint and coming on here and responding to the complaint like a hero I think you all are mistaken too. The original poster has posted this on dozens of websites, of which the agent has only responded to a handful. I know people say any publicity is good publicity...well, there are times when it isn't.

The agent has gotten on here and not responded directly to any of the original poster's issues. Instead he has spouted off statements that have nothing to do with the OP's concerns. Based on the other reviews and anecdotes out on the internet about Rich's Hunting Adventures, it sounds like this agent is a borderline crook and I applaud the OP for getting the word out.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone else notice the OP hasn't been back to answer questions?

Smells funny to me now too...
Old 11-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wouldn't respond to this thread, just let it die.
No way!!!!!! There is a very good chance that the OP is spot on with his complaint.

Rich Botta has an F rating with the BBB:

http://www.bbb.org/NYC/business-revi.../#reasonrating

There is this on Bowsite:

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/OUTFI...?reportid=2438

And there is this:

DO NOT USE THIS STUTTERING CON ARTIST. Myself and friend made the mistake of booking with this ahole in 2009 a couple of years ago for a late season Iowa buck hunt, semiguided on private farms. I posted a full review on Nexthunt.com and Bowsite.com. And just recently within the past week I have been contacted by two other people who were also ripped off. HE IS A LIAR and never refunded my money..............on a hunt where we never even go to hunt because he tried to have some guy sneak us on private property where we would have been arrested. If you have any question email me at magnum72576yahoo.com. TONY
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...hrough_Rich_Bo

It it looks like a skunk, acts like a skunk and smells like a skunk; beware it may be a skunk.

Google is your friend.

Last edited by falcon; 11-18-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes Google is your friend you should use it.

How bout contacting Magnum then, he does have an account here with Hunting.Net though has never posted. Maybe bring him in for more information.

From my perspective, you got a complainer going around copying and pasting his complaint to dozens of sites talking about being ripped off. Very few did he give a follow up post and the follow up post is just a thanks for comments nothing else. I also dont like the coincidence that his IP traces back to Bakersfield, CA which his name is for a Hollywood animal trainer.

Now to the business of Rich Botta, I have never cared for BBB and that is from bad experience with them. Thats also another story for another time. Back to topic. So magically the Agent shows up relatively after a few posts about him to do what, practically do the same thing copy and paste a response disputing the claim. Again very few times did he give a follow up and the follow up was a generic response.

So like I said, I don't know if this is real or not. Don't know if this is a very poorly designed attempt to get his name out, I don't know.

I don't trust animal trainers, and activists coming onto sites with a single post complaining about something involving hunting and i sure don't like how this particular agent goes about his business if legit or not. So as i said think this one should die but was brought back to life by someone else.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

[quote]
I don't trust animal trainers, and activists coming onto sites with a single post
complaining about something involving hunting and i sure don't like how this particular agent goes about his business if legit or not
What evidence do you have that the guy is an animal trainer or "activist"?

i own rural properties here in OK. The neighbors and myself had trouble with hunting ranches and booking agents sending hunters to trespass on our property. We all tried talking with the scam artists to no avail. The trespassing ended when the new Dodge diesel pickup belonging to trespassing hunters burned up on the property adjacent to mine. The landowner said the catalytic converter caused the fire.

Last edited by falcon; 11-19-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Yes Google is your friend you should use it.

How bout contacting Magnum then, he does have an account here with Hunting.Net though has never posted. Maybe bring him in for more information.

From my perspective, you got a complainer going around copying and pasting his complaint to dozens of sites talking about being ripped off. Very few did he give a follow up post and the follow up post is just a thanks for comments nothing else. I also dont like the coincidence that his IP traces back to Bakersfield, CA which his name is for a Hollywood animal trainer.

Now to the business of Rich Botta, I have never cared for BBB and that is from bad experience with them. Thats also another story for another time. Back to topic. So magically the Agent shows up relatively after a few posts about him to do what, practically do the same thing copy and paste a response disputing the claim. Again very few times did he give a follow up and the follow up was a generic response.

So like I said, I don't know if this is real or not. Don't know if this is a very poorly designed attempt to get his name out, I don't know.

I don't trust animal trainers, and activists coming onto sites with a single post complaining about something involving hunting and i sure don't like how this particular agent goes about his business if legit or not. So as i said think this one should die but was brought back to life by someone else.
The original poster doesn't owe any kind of follow up. A quick google search shows that this isn't the first example of people getting hosed by Rich Botta. The IP address being an animal trainer was taken off some other website and has not been validated...the only thing that has been validated is that Rich came on here personally and said this individual was a return client. And if this is an effort to get a business name out there, it will go down in history as the worst business move of all time. You have an example of someone who was so pissed off by what happened to him that he felt the need to share this on dozens of hunting sites. I think it's commendable and it shows the power of the internet. Without it, this individual would have little recourse in getting the word out on what kind of operation this is, which in my mind is pretty plain to see.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Spike

Thanks for all your comments and support. To date, the deposit has not been returned. I'm glad to see other hunters coming forward on the hunting forums that have had similar experiences with Mr. Botta. Here is one of them: http://huntingny.com/forums/user/393...tab=reputation Copy below.

Happy New Year to all you!

>> Posted by sthunter on 08 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hello Everybody,

My name is Brad and I too was scammed by Rich Botta. I sent him a $4000 deposit in October of 2012 for a mule deer hunt that was supposed to take place in Craig Colorado in November of 2013. He asked that I overnight him the check because "hunts are selling fast". After he cashed my check I received very little correspondence from him despite my MANY MANY attempts. Five months after paying him he got me in touch with one outfitter that wouldn't even accommodate me because Rich Botta sent me. This outfitter despises Rich because he misrepresents his hunts, and refused to do any business with him. Besides the fact that the outfitter dislikes Rich, The hunt was nowhere close to what I was told I would be getting. Rich and I agreed to:

5 day Hunt in Craig CO.

Land Owner Voucher Included

November Dates

1 Free Observer

1x1 Guide

160" Plus Deer

What Rich tried to provide was NONE of the above. I asked for a refund 6 weeks after him cashing the check (November 11, 2012) and to this day I have not received a refund or a hunt. He told me he would refund the money if I didn't get the police involved but he kept making excuses and never did. In September 2013 I went and pressed charges against him and filed a civil suit against him, our court date will be late this month.

I'm sure Rich will chime in and say how he books 200+ hunts per year and he has 1000's of references....Its all crap. Everybody please do yourself a favor and stay away from this man, I hope this message reaches anybody looking to book a hunt through an agent. I posted this to clear up any concerns about this being a publicity stunt.....it is not. Just another pissed of client of Rich Botta trying to warn others. If you have any questions regarding this please feel free to email me at: [email protected]<<

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.