Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

deer meadow outfitters

Old 12-12-2013, 02:41 AM
  #51  
Spike
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6
Default

The name is just to send a message and catch the attention of someone thinking about hunting there obviously. I do feel that we were victims. It's a stronger word than I would use but still holds true, but I'm not sitting here feeling sorry for myself lol. I sure don't need any ones sympathy or some one to tell me it will be ok lol. Just trying to save some one some aggravation. Thought maybe that was the point if these forums. Nothing more nothing less. At this point I wouldn't stop warning folks about this outfitter even if he gave me a full refund because he's already shown his intentions and showed what kind of an outfitter he is. I have more principle than that. These post on here will be the least of my actions against thus guy though I assure you. Just be warned. I don't need you to be sorry for me. I'm a business man, I deal with far more serious situations regularly.
Deer meadows victim is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 07:03 AM
  #52  
Giant Nontypical
 
Muley Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,557
Default

Originally Posted by Deer meadows victim
The name is just to send a message and catch the attention of someone thinking about hunting there obviously. I do feel that we were victims. It's a stronger word than I would use but still holds true, but I'm not sitting here feeling sorry for myself lol. I sure don't need any ones sympathy or some one to tell me it will be ok lol. Just trying to save some one some aggravation. Thought maybe that was the point if these forums. Nothing more nothing less. At this point I wouldn't stop warning folks about this outfitter even if he gave me a full refund because he's already shown his intentions and showed what kind of an outfitter he is. I have more principle than that. These post on here will be the least of my actions against thus guy though I assure you. Just be warned. I don't need you to be sorry for me. I'm a business man, I deal with far more serious situations regularly.
Isn't that what this thread was about long before you posted? I'm sure the name of this thread is what attracted you to post, and sign up for this forum to begin with.
Muley Hunter is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 09:04 AM
  #53  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

"We went with This outfitter after calling some references asking lots of questions and observing who was hunting there. "


***To Deer Meadows Victim---That one sentence of yours alone is why I have a big problem with your posts. All I said was to check a lot of references from previous hunters and not just a select few the guy wants to give you. It sounds like you talked to several that he gave you and that you mainly relied on the TV show you watched based on this one sentence. If you had talked to any number of people instead of just a few that it sounds like were chosen by this guy for you to call you would have been able to check on the food served, the lodging that was said to be a lousy one room trailer for four people and their gear instead of a lodge, etc. IMHO, as I stated before, you didn't do anywhere near enough to insure you didn't run into a lot of problems, so please don't come back at me for anything I've posted when I've said nothing against any style of hunting, including yours. Again, if you will read my posts all I stated is in this day and age you can't trust anyone and need to do lots or research so you don't get stung. That was to help everyone so they don't make the mistake you made!
Fact---You didn't do the necessary work involved in choosing a reputable outfitter and got screwed. We don't know you from Adam since you are brand new on this site and if there hadn't been a majority of posts by others saying the same thing about this outfit it might be possible that you're a competitor and are just bashing the outfit to help your own business for all we know.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-12-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 09:11 AM
  #54  
Spike
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6
Default

This has gotten way out in left field. Good luck to you all and safe hunting. I said what I have to say.
Deer meadows victim is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 09:26 AM
  #55  
Giant Nontypical
 
Muley Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,557
Default

Originally Posted by Deer meadows victim
This has gotten way out in left field. Good luck to you all and safe hunting. I said what I have to say.
Now, change you name, and join the forum. We beat you up enough, and now we can talk hunting.
Muley Hunter is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 09:49 AM
  #56  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

Originally Posted by Deer meadows victim
This has gotten way out in left field. Good luck to you all and safe hunting. I said what I have to say.
***Got way out in left field in what way other than maybe the truth hurts! Geez, if you had taken as much time looking into this outfitter as you've been on this thread, time you say you don't have, you wouldn't have had to come on here at all!!! I agree with Pete's last response. Change your name, join the fun here, learn from your previous mistake and know you've helped others avoid the same.

EDIT: This is interesting in that I just went back and clicked on the OP name Golfman to read some of his posts. It turns out that he IS a competitor of Deer Meadows and about every post he has made is plugging his own operation. Then in one of his threads he is presented the name of Deer Meadows by a member saying Golfman has good prices compared to theirs and his response pretends to not even know them, LOL! As was said in the old Laughin show: "Very interesssssting"!!! In fact, it sort of shows exactly what I told Deer Meadows Victim that we don't know him from Adam and that he could have been a competitor!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-12-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 11:49 AM
  #57  
Fork Horn
 
TwoBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beautiful Western Montana
Posts: 112
Default

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***Got way out in left field in what way other than maybe the truth hurts! Geez, if you had taken as much time looking into this outfitter as you've been on this thread, time you say you don't have, you wouldn't have had to come on here at all!!! I agree with Pete's last response. Change your name, join the fun here, learn from your previous mistake and know you've helped others avoid the same.

EDIT: This is interesting in that I just went back and clicked on the OP name Golfman to read some of his posts. It turns out that he IS a competitor of Deer Meadows and about every post he has made is plugging his own operation. Then in one of his threads he is presented the name of Deer Meadows by a member saying Golfman has good prices compared to theirs and his response pretends to not even know them, LOL! As was said in the old Laughin show: "Very interesssssting"!!! In fact, it sort of shows exactly what I told Deer Meadows Victim that we don't know him from Adam and that he could have been a competitor!!!
If this is true, then he has done serious damage to his credibility. A good example of what to look for when talking to outfitters. A good outfit can stand by their own works. Any outfitter who makes himself taller by cutting the trees down around him probably isn't an outfitter you want to do business with. Its ok to point out what you can do/have compared to other outfits, but this clearly crosses the line in my view, and makes outfitters in general look like idiots.
TwoBear is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 10:55 AM
  #58  
Spike
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5
Angry DEER MEADOWS OUTFITTERS in Nebraska

I cant beleive that i was a second from pulling the trigger on a 190 inch mule deer and my quide say's no...??? After words im told that Scott the owner of Deer Meadow Outfitters instructed my guide to not let me shoot this buck because they thik it was only 3.5 years old. That was the 2nd day of my hunt that night Scott reinsured me that I will get oportunity's on even bigger bucks. While i had no such luck we only saw 2 other bucks and neither wouldnt have scored above 150. Very disappoint so before leaving Scott said that he would make this right and figure out a refund for me. While that never happened so id have to say im very disappointed that i wasnt allowed to shoot at a 190 inch deer but i could have taken shots at 2 bucks below 150 inch. To top the story off the 190 inch buck was posted on Deer Meadows Outfitters taken by a rifle hunter I think named Gary? So if Gary was allowed to take the buck why wasnt I allowed to. Scott will not comment on that and has pulled Gary and the 190 inch buck named stickers off his site, Theres no mistake the buck had 1 sticker off his right side and 2 stickers off his left side and it was a perfect 4x4. Also When i asked my guide by email whats the deal her my guide has never commented. I wouldnt recommend the outfitter to anyone. Lets face it most of us arnt millionairs it cost me $5000 for this hunt 3000 mile drive I lost a week of work, a week of vaction and 2 week ends driving. Let alone the license was 235, the hotel cost while traving was 600 and we had over 1000 dollars in fuel. I think this buck was being saved for rifle season i am very very very very very very very very very disappointed with Deer Meadows Outfitters...
SteveBuck is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 11:12 AM
  #59  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Buffalo, WY
Posts: 992
Default

Is there an echo in here or is it just my hangover ?
Bullcamp82834 is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 05:57 AM
  #60  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Is there an echo in here or is it just my hangover ?
***I'd put up that many too if that had happened to me. However, it wouldn't have happened because that deer called Stickers would have bit the dust then and there, regardless of what the guide said unless I had a written contract on what could and couldn't be shot that I had to adhere to! IF all this stuff is true, it sounds like that's a place to stay away from for sure!
Topgun 3006 is offline  

Quick Reply: deer meadow outfitters


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.