Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
New Decoy in town... >

New Decoy in town...

Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

New Decoy in town...

Old 03-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default New Decoy in town...

A close buddy of mine has been making these for years... somewhat of a local "best kept secret". These ladies can and have made all the difference hunting pressured PA public land long beards.

So, he tells me that they are available this year, gone public with the design. Figured I'd share he and his partners website. Have a look see.. and be sure to let the video load.

Super good stuff!

www.bestrealturkeydecoys.com

or

www.spurcollectordecoys.com
Old 03-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

all due respect that's just plain overkill. Pushing $600 for a decoy. C'mon! You can't convince me in the exact same scenario a DSD or Zinks decoy or even some other decent mass market like bobbin' head buckwing I use, would fail where this would work. Turkeys aren't decoy shy they are hunter set-up shy. They figure out things aren't right whether they are looking at a taxidermist decoy or a foam one most of the time. I mean how many videos are there by Primos or Knight & Hale etc. showing their plastic hens getting mounted the same as that video.

Wear and tear and care are issues. Heck if you have more money than you know what to do with then have at 'er but to mass market a decoy like this as "different" and expect the masses to buy in is a business model I wouldn't invest in.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is impressive and obviously a REAL Hen is going to out hunt ANY plastic or foam decoy but that price tag is way to steep for folks here! Remember, you're talking to the same ******* that whine and cry about spending $100 on a decoy!!! LOL!

Try other forums like ArcheryTalk and you'll get a lot more attention!

Good luck, you guys have some exceptionally looking products!

Last edited by JW; 03-03-2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: language - watch it! Going around he curse filter will get you no where!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

If you want Toms to consitantly come in close (up to the decoy close) and stay forever then you'll want a mounted decoy. I'll agree that any decoy will work sometimes but in my experience (3 years and 14 toms) they have worked 100% of the time.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed View Post
That is impressive and obviously a REAL Hen is going to out hunt ANY plastic or foam decoy but that price tag is way to steep for folks here! Remember, you're talking to the same ***** that whine and cry about spending $100 on a decoy!!! LOL!

Try other forums like ArcheryTalk and you'll get a lot more attention!

Good luck, you guys have some exceptionally looking products!
It's funnier than **** that someone can talk down about a group of guys that "Whine and Cry" about spending a hundred bucks on a decoy without feeling like a giant crank smoker.

Last edited by JW; 03-03-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Typical Buck

http://huntingindiana.proboards.com/...y&thread=36685

Here is another good one. I bought one of these last year.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

Who is whining??? I think that wondering what the real effectiveness of a decoy that there is a $500 difference in makes sense. If I had unlimited funds it would be great or if I were sponsored by them, I'd be in. Does it really make that much difference? No. I have had real hens sitting in my dekes and had toms walk right by doeing something different. Things happen.

Don't get me wrong that is an awesome deke and for the money it had better work.

Last edited by firelt72; 03-04-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:51 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Post moved to classified section as upon review it sure don't belong in the tureky forum as an item is for sale.

JW
Old 03-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Spike

I just bought an Xavian decoy. The thing looks so real I have to try it. Our season opens tomorrow morning and I will be video taping my 8 year old son shooting his first bird. I will let you all know what I think about the hen decoy.