Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
camera mount- smart phone w\ range finder >

camera mount- smart phone w\ range finder

Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

camera mount- smart phone w\ range finder

Old 08-31-2010, 06:46 AM
Spike

Default camera mount- smart phone w\ range finder

Your thoughts?

See more( and video) @ :
http://forhuntersbyhunters.blogspot.com/

I am in the process of developing the rangefinder but the video mount is complete...

Last edited by xdamageincx; 09-01-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Spike

have you thought about a mount for the Flip camcorders?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Mount

I did kinda the same thing years ago with one of those cheepie digital cameras that take a couple mins of video from WalMart. It worked sometimes but ,at that time, I was in my speed craze with an overdraw, short light arrows and big poundage with a tiny brace hight. My bow had so much hand shock at the shot it would turn the cam off! LoL! With today's bows and all the Simms stuff I bet it would work well. Good luck with your mount.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not a bow hunter but that seems like a distraction while hunting. You may be worried about your phone or turning on the camera and miss an opportunity. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:19 AM
Spike

You leave the phone on- so you don't really have to worry about that...
You also have the video app open.You have to unlock the phone(quick swipe) then touch record...It is pretty quick...
It doesn't really distract me at all since I never look at the screen...
For sale now here:
Old 09-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by vicrzr
have you thought about a mount for the Flip camcorders?
I considered it. But cell phones are really making most other types of cams obsolete and many already have a smart phone.
You can literally have your friend\spouse etc download skype,imovicha,google talk etc and broadcast your hunt to anyone who has it downloaded. Think video chat with a friend but on your bow.
Also you don't need to purchase a cam.My phone is 5 mega pixel so the clarity is there.
The possibilities are endless with a smart phone. So many more things you can do with it vs a regular cam.Cell phones are much lighter and have little or no moving parts.
It takes a second to snap the cam into the bow and you are set.
I can send video via email,blog etc with video on it instantly.
The coolest part of all of it is rang finding. I haven't been able to get the range finder to read yardage on very uneven terrain.
It works on flat ground and on constant slopes.
My plan is to develop software (application) that can be loaded to enable a crosshair or pins , with the correct pin illuminated for the shot distance all the while recording the hunt.
A camcorder just can't do any of that.
Your phone could take the place of your sight with zoom etc...
It is the future of hunting with a bow unless legislation is drafted to make it illegal.
Read all about it here:
Click on the Smart Phone Video mount tab or scroll down the "Home" page for the history of development and possible applications.

Last edited by xdamageincx; 09-01-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by xdamageincx
I considered it. But cell phones are really making most other types of cams obsolete and many already have a smart phone.
You can literally have your friend\spouse etc download skype,imovicha,google talk etc and broadcast your hunt to anyone who has it downloaded. Think video chat with a friend but on your bow.
Also you don't need to purchase a cam.My phone is 5 mega pixel so the clarity is there.
The possibilities are endless with a smart phone. So many more things you can do with it vs a regular cam.Cell phones are much lighter and have little or no moving parts.
It takes a second to snap the cam into the bow and you are set.
I can send video via email,blog etc with video on it instantly.
The coolest part of all of it is rang finding. I haven't been able to get the range finder to read yardage on very uneven terrain.
It works on flat ground and on constant slopes.
My plan is to develop software (application) that can be loaded to enable a crosshair or pins , with the correct pin illuminated for the shot distance all the while recording the hunt.
A camcorder just can't do any of that.
Your phone could take the place of your sight with zoom etc...
It is the future of hunting with a bow unless legislation is drafted to make it illegal.
Read all about it here:
Click on the Smart Phone Video mount tab or scroll down the "Home" page for the history of development and possible applications.
Also- if the flip cam corder has a standard 1\4 2- thread on it the cell phone mount portion doesn't have to be ordered- you just screw the cam on the bow without the upper portion of the bracket.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Spike

xdamageincx
I just ordered one of these mounts. I have been working on one for the Kodak Playsport. It appears that you have already worked out the issues I had. No use in me spending any more time. Right?
PM sent to you.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:40 AM
Spike

xdamageincx

I sure would appreciate you responding to my PM when you get a chance.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:35 AM
Spike

Ba Bump BUMP!
I have 2 other budget models( do not sacrifice quality just a less expensive plastic mount vs. anodized and powder coated aluminum).All 3 have vibration dampening designed in...
Check it out @ :
[email protected]
There is a video( a newer clearer and more detailed video is in the works with different phones and different bows)

Last edited by xdamageincx; 09-11-2010 at 06:38 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.