Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
1997 Yamaha Kodiak 400 >

1997 Yamaha Kodiak 400

Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

1997 Yamaha Kodiak 400

Old 04-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 1997 Yamaha Kodiak 400

I just bought a new Yamaha Grizzly and would like to sell my '97 Kodiak. I bought it used (like new) in 1998.
The Good:
I have taken good care of it (regular maintenance, cleaning, stored inside, etc) and it is in good used condition. Body is unbroken or craked, frame in great shape, tansmission is in good working order, it has an ITP Big Foot kit (25x12x12 tires all around - tread is ok but getting down), replaced the rear end a few years ago, winch, plow.
The "Bad":
Rear brakes are shot (just enough front brake to stop), odometer/speedometer does not work, battery hasn't been working consistently (it should be fine - only a few years old but I haven't had a chance to charge it; it does have a pull start that works fine), due for a service/tune-up, there is a small hole in the muffler, and there is a slow leak in a tire.

I am trying to be honest about the little things (besides brakes) that are wrong with the ATV. Overall it is in very good condition and it is still a workhorse of a machine. I am looking to get $1600 for it. Feel free to send me any questions or make me an offer and contact me if want to look at it.
Attached Thumbnails 1997 Yamaha Kodiak 400-97-kodiak.jpg   1997 Yamaha Kodiak 400-97-kodiak2.jpg   1997 Yamaha Kodiak 400-97-kodiak3.jpg  

Last edited by doughboysigep; 04-09-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: add pictures