Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
 Deer can't see it? >

Deer can't see it?

Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Deer can't see it?

Old 03-14-2006, 04:09 PM

Default Deer can't see it?

Talk about controversy! Do deer see blaze orange? Check out a blaze orange they say deer and elk can't see. http://www.covertorange.com
Old 03-14-2006, 05:16 PM

Default RE: Deer can't see it?

I think some personal testing would have to be done to fullybelieve the claims of this maker, simply because we truly DON'T know how deer view colors. I have NEVER bought the excuse that deer only see in black and white. I have seen the bust me in orange when they otherwise shouldnt've. I must say that the idea for this technology IS neat. I remember when it came out a year or so ago, but haven't talked with anyone that has used it or been around it for myself.

I have also never bought the "black light vision" crap that was started in the late 80s either!
RA
Old 03-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

that does look like something that might work. but when it comes to deer and what colors they see. i dont see why everyone is SOOOOOO worried. i mean look way back when, when guys would go out in as many blue jeans they could fit on and as many red or any other color flannel shirts they could put on. those older guys still shot deer didnt they? thats just what i think, and i think im stickin to our regular orange vests.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't find this product necessary, when I have to wear orange, I wear camo orange...it's more breaking up the outline of the human body than it is hiding the orange from a deer eyes. This product still makes you a solid form. Perhaps it needs redesigned in camo orange....IMO

I see you have a total of two posts, one in December promoting and now this one, perhaps I should post a link to the forum posting rules. Please use the classifieds for this type of self solicitation, thanks.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok so deer cant see covert orange, but there are shades of blue that are totally invisible to a deer. why not just wear blue if its legal.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:12 AM

I have never understood how they know what a deer can or can't see.I know they say it's because of the rods and all in the eye.but how do they "REALLY" know??[] []