HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Double Bull Blinds. Whats so great about them? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/99112-double-bull-blinds-whats-so-great-about-them.html)

benhuntin 05-02-2005 05:58 AM

Double Bull Blinds. Whats so great about them?

Im looking for another portable blind and Ive heard alot of people say they like the double Bull blinds. But how can I justify the cost. These blinds are 2 to 3 times as expensive as the rest on the market. What features do these have that the others dont?

QTompkins2005 05-02-2005 08:01 AM

RE: Double Bull Blinds. Whats so great about them?

everyone on the outdoor channel uses them, thats what makes them so expensive [8D]

yotecaller 05-02-2005 06:11 PM

I looked at blinds this weekend at was told by the salesman that they cost so much because they have lifetime warranty. I don't think they are worth it. I looked at an Ameristep for $129 that I thought was nicer than the Double Bull blind and not nearly as expensive.

bullmoose38 05-02-2005 06:23 PM

Why a Double Bull...
Made out of poly cotton for a dull finish. x brands made out of nylon. Did you ever see how nylon shines in the sun. Did you ever see how the nylon flaps on a windy day. DB has a silent window system xbrand uses velcro which is a big game spooker. You have none of that spring steel to wrestle with in a DB. These are just some of the reasons DB is more popular than the x brands. If you can afford one I would suggest it if not get what you can afford. Hope this helps in your choice.

IL-Cornfed 05-02-2005 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: benhuntin
These blinds are 2 to 3 times as expensive as the rest on the market. What features do these have that the others dont?
It's because they are 2 to 3 times the blind that the others are!!! As mentioned above, other blinds are made out of MUCH cheaper material. The DB blinds feature a much heavier canvas type material that is going to last MUCH longer! I have hunted out of different brands and they don't even begin to compare in construction quality and overall design features. I have always loved my T5 but I just picked up a new Matrix this past week and it is the cats meow in ground blinds! I'll be "testing" it out in the Turkey woods this weekend! You can spend the extra money NOW for a Doouble Bull OR you can waste money buying a couple of cheap blinds and THEN have to go spend that money on a Double Bull, your choice.

coyote170 05-03-2005 07:14 PM

One more time have had my Ameristep Penthouse for four
years now doesnt shine,easy up and down,dont flap in the
wind no complaints,to each his own have had great luck
out of this blind,will try a double bull,maybe if the quality
is still the same with Ameristep may stay with them.What
makes a person happy is his choice and he bought what
he could afford like I said to each his own!:)

kevin1 05-03-2005 07:34 PM

I haven't owned a DB , but I do have many "lesser";) variants ranging from an Ameristep Outhouse to small turkey blinds all the way to an off brand version of their Brickhouse made for Sportsman's Guide label . I still have all of them but my original Outhouse , which I sold to a buddy before buying an improved version , and use them all . I'd rather spend a couple of bucks buying multiple cheaper blinds that can be varied to suit the areas where I may want to hunt than shackle myself to a single design , especially such an expensive one . A properly erected blind won't shimmy excessively in the wind no mattter what you spent for it , and nylon doesn't shine forever . The lighter weight and durability of nylon alone is worth it , my heaviest blind weighs 12 lbs , which even a fatboy like me can pack in a pretty good distance . Value is relative to the person spending the money .

Kathwacckkk 05-04-2005 06:51 AM

Is the shoot through netting on the Double Bull all they say it is? Does it effect the arrows flight? Does it work better with mechanicals or fixed broadheads? Love the idea, but would like to hear from hunters that actually have tested it.

bullmoose38 05-04-2005 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Kathwacckkk

Is the shoot through netting on the Double Bull all they say it is? Does it effect the arrows flight? Does it work better with mechanicals or fixed broadheads? Love the idea, but would like to hear from hunters that actually have tested it.
I never shot mechaincals through it but I know some of them can be shot. All the fixed positions I tested worked great. It was like nothing was there.

tnichols 05-04-2005 01:52 PM

Just bought a new Ameristep Roundhouse 360 TSC for $109. Set it up last night in the den, wife not happy. It is a high quality blind. Has all the options I need and fits in a back pack. Going to bowhunt turkey in it this weekend.