Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Favorite Music before a hunt

Old 04-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite Music before a hunt

The true hillbillies of country music........Waylon Jennings, and Montgomery Gentry!!!!!!

p.s. Hank Jr too!!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Mossy, you might be from MD, but you sound Dixie to me.
You should move down, CAUSE

Old 04-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Alsatian

Seriously, I like to listen to the Dixie Chicks "Wide Open Spaces" CD.
[:@] EEEk the Dixie Chicks [:'(]

How about a lil 50 cent

just kidding
Old 04-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

"country boy can survive"
"almost home"-craig morgan
"mud on tires" brad paisley
"ruff & ready" tracie adkins

That gets me fired up!!
Old 04-13-2005, 04:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Pink Floyd's "Animals" album ,
it really sets the mood for me .
Old 04-13-2005, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Queensryche
Metallica
Tool
Old 04-13-2005, 08:10 PM

Ralph Stanley.........................ole fashion bluegrass. Gets me all warmed up for chasing hogs all day. On opening day of DEER season it's the Black Hawk Down soundtrack.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Dominant Buck

This here Christian is prone to wonder. From 1971- 1976 I was a pretty mixed up kid. I hitch- hiked to Jacksonville to see Skynard . They didn't arrive because of the plane crash. Instead Jethro Tull played. Since then I'm a Christian and as I read it What soever I do should be done to the glory of God. I don't see how the Needle and the Spoon or Give me Three Steps can give glory to God. Not only that ,I'm a firm believer in the verse that says "as a man thinks so he is" The mind of man makes that man. I try to guard my mind. One good Skynard song doesn't justify the others. I've tried to listen to that stuff before and it's not long and I want to pick up my old habits.
Chuck
Old 04-14-2005, 06:02 PM

I usually listen to some classic rock:

Zepplin
AC/DC
Floyd
ZZ Top
Skynyrd
Aerosmith

Gets me in the mood for a nice hunt
Old 04-14-2005, 08:44 PM

Chuck7 I don't think anyone ever accused Ronnie Van Zant of being like one of the Blackwood Brothers, BUT the guy knew right from wrong and was raised a southern Christian.

As for "Needle and the spoon" you either need to go back and listen too it or you completely missed the original point of the song. It was their ANTI-DRUG song during a time (mid 70s) when drugs were truly percieved as cool and usually sang about with reverance and encouragement too try by many other artists.

Some lyrics:
The chorus itself was: "Quit the needle, Quit the spoon. Quit the trip too the moon."

other lines were: "... I've seen alot of people who thought they were cool. But then again Lord I've seen alot of fools. Well, I hope you people, Lord can hear what I say. You'll have your chance to hit it someday..."

"Dont mess with the needle or a spoon or any trip too the moon. It'll take you away!"

"Lord their gonna bury you boy. Don't mess with the needle... now I know, I know, I know."

The song was a STRONG encouragement to quit for those already on them and to discourage others from ever beginning. The opening lines of the song "Thirty days Lord and thirty nights, I'm comin home on an airplane flight. Mama waitin at the ticket line. Tell me son why do you stand there cryin? ... I've been feelin so sick and tired. Got to get better Lord before I die. Seven doctors couldn't help my head, they said you better quit son before you're dead!" was about coming home after a month in rehab. How many rockers ever (then, now, future) talk about rehab in a positive light? Some of the truest slackers in society are of the mindset that, "Rehab is for quitters"!!! [:@]

I'm NOT tryin to tell you that artists "good music" makes their "bad stuff" ok. But I just think that proper credit should be given too those artists that at least tried on occasion. As for the "bad stuff" I don't see where a song EVER makes a sane person act anyother way than what they normally would. To argue otherwise is to buy into those rediculous notions like the parents suing artists like Ozzy Ozbourne for their deadbeat kids whackin themselves supposedly after listening too music. I grew up on Waylon and Willie and by the time I was a teenager Hank Jr. was blarin his one night stands and whiskey bents allover radio. The music is great, but I STILL knew the subject was'nt proper. But IMHO that should'nt stop someone from enjoying music that makes their feet shuffle and encourages them to "let their hair down" if for only a few moments.

RA

Quick Reply: Favorite Music before a hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.