Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Favorite Music before a hunt

Old 03-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Favorite Music before a hunt

Well i"m a christian now but before that in my wild days it was Aero Smith, Frank Zappa, Skynard and zz Top

Now it's what ever is on the Christian radio at 4:00 Am Some change uh
Chuck
Old 03-27-2005, 07:59 PM

Country
Old 03-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

All 80's rock and all Country Rockfrom the 90's.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:58 PM

Classical. Vivaldi and Mozart. That or no sound at all.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:44 AM

Took last few deer when Tobey Kieth was playing when I last got out of the vehicle.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm probably in the minority here, but I prefer an ecclictic mix of gangster rap, metal, country, classic rock, and techno. I made a hunting CD with my gangster anthems and whatever other weird music that gets me all wound up. Here's the playlist from my last one:

Nate Dogg and Warren G - Regulate
Alabama - Mountain Music
Hank Jr. - Family Tradition
LL Cool J - I shot ya
Dre - Natural Born Killaz
Tracy Byrd - Lifestyles of the Not So Rich & Famous
Puff Daddy - Victory
Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning
Hank Jr. - Country Boy Can Survive
Tupac - California Love
Darude - Sandstorm
Jack Johnson - Sitting Waiting Wishing
Metallica - Hero of the Day
Dave Matthews - Where are you going
Third Eye Blind - Motorcycle Drive By
Bowling for Soup - 1985
Nelly - Country Grammar
Trick Daddy - Let's Go

I don't drink coffee, so my music is my caffeine. It's about an hour drive to my hunting spots, so I can clear a whole cd out one-way. Good music fresh in your head is a must if you're gonna sit in a treestand staring at the ground for 12 hours, IMHO.

I started taking my walkman and listening to college football games between 12 and 5 on Saturdays. Those earbuds are awesome, and you can still hear the deer coming just as if your ear wasn't plugged.

This was a pretty good CD, and any of y'all can feel free to pirate my playlist at your leisure.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like silence before I hunt. My hearing sucks anyway from too much heavy metal and firing mortars when I was younger. If I was trying to get my adrenaline up, I would listen to Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio on vocals singing Master of Insanity or Neon Knights.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:47 PM

the almighty G.W.A.R.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Guajira Guantanamera!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:28 AM

Chuck I didn't know Christians couldn't listen too Aerosmith and Skynyrd (I can't stand that crazy Zappa so I left him out)?

If you guys REALLY want to hear a true outdoorsman's song (and perhaps even more improtantly, we Christians) then you MUST get a copy of Skynyrds song: "All I can do is write about it"

Lyrics:
Well this life that I live, has took me everywhere, there aint no place I aint ever gone.
Well its kinda like the sayin that youve heard so many times, well there just aint no place like home.

Did you ever see a she gator protect her young? Or a fish in a river swimmin free? Did you ever see the beauty of the hills of Carolina or the sweetness of the grass in Tennessee?

And Lord I cant make any changes. All I can do is write em in a song. Yes but I can see the concrete a slowly creepin, Lord take me and mine before that comes!

Do ya like to see a mountain stream a flowin? Do ya like to see a young un with his dog? Did ya ever stop to think about well tha air ya breathin? Well ya better listen too my song.

Lord I cant make any changes. All I can do is write em in a song. Yes but I can see the concrete a slowly creepin, Lord take me and mine before that comes.

Im not tryin to put down no big city. But the things they write about us are just a bore. Well you can take a boy out of ol Dixieland Lord but youll never take ol Dixie from tha boy.

And Lord I cant make any changes, All I can do is write em in a song. Yes but I can see the concrete a slowly creepin, Lord take me and mine before that comes.

I said I can see the concrete a slowly creepin, Lord take me and mine before that comes!

If you have never heard that "southern masterpiece" then folks you are missin it! The rythym and piano in this one will bring tears too your eyes. Truly one of Skynyrds greatest that wasnt plastered about because it wasnt in your face or played at 900decibles.

I am a lover of music. I might have Waylon (my personal favorite) on one minute and then I might follow him up with Luciano Pavarroti and back that up with AC/DC. So you never know what you gonna get with me, other than a good time!

Its kinda been ironic, the last two years EXACTLY on opening morning of MO turkey season on the same station on the same stretch of county highway in southern MO the old song "RO HO" has come on. My father-in-law and I laughed the first time and within an hour a bird was as dead as "RO HO" was in the song. But after it happened lastyear we kinda looked at eachother funny. And YEP again a bird was dead within an hour!

EERY,
RA

ps
Tim Fagraw and Kenney "da midget" Chesney... country singers? LMAO those guys are as "pop" as Elton John and Cher. Gimme John "DA MAN" Cash and Waylon Jennings anyday! THAT is country...

Quick Reply: Favorite Music before a hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.