Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV Polaris or Honda?

Old 03-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ATV Polaris or Honda?

Stubby, I think the feature 870's ATV's were equipped with was called UOM (Underwater Operational Mode) or something like that - look up the previous post or thread for ref..

Either way, I though once BS sat around long enough it would kinda dry up, crumble and hopefully blow away, But some, it seems, just continues to rot and stink worse as time goes by.

Uncle Matt (Special Underwater Operations Director, ATV Division, Section 8 - in IL)
Old 03-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 1996 polaris 500, the only thing i had to repair over the years are 2 rubber boats that got torn from aggresive backing up in ruff terrain. I had honda, kawasaki and others, over the years and if and when i buy a new one it will be a polaris. Lots of my friends who know me and seen how i use it have been changing over to polaris.
I can fix anything but have not had to worry at all with mine. Watch out for the electric shift on the honda all the guys in our hunt club has had problems with them.
Its funny over the years how "every" atv copies the polaris in all aspects, look at the history of all other atvs. One day the will be like a good "American" made atv!
thank you
Old 03-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

one thing i have found out about honda and yamaha is that their lack of true 4wheel drive makes them just about useless in hunting conditions. unless you have a winch plan on callin your buddies to pull u out. 3 wheel drive just doesnt cut it when u get into the real mud where the only thing underneath of that mud is more mud and so on. but this is just from my experience 3 weekends in a row where my buddy couldnt make it through a mud hole with his 3 wheel drive kodiak when i made it thru a couple of times before i even had to lock it in to true 4wheel. but i guess this is just probably another tall tale. how do you explain that stub? what about how he has no back brakes on his kodiak b/c they are junk drum? please tell me the made up stories in this one.

Sincerely,
Shootem (Nick)
Old 03-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

All machinery will break down from time to time reguardless of the brand name though on average some will break down more than others .Tires can make the difference between one atv getting stuck while another does not reguardless of the brands.However no other person on this forum has ever told a tale using nearly as much imagination as you did when you told the whopper tale about having to dive down underwater to shut off the quad engine that was still running.After that load of B.S. do you honestly expect anyone to believe anything that you say?
Old 03-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

All machinery will break down from time to time reguardless of the brand name though on average some will break down more than others .Tires can make the difference between one atv getting stuck while another does not reguardless of the brands.
yeah but according to most people on this site honda never ever will break down? and its not that the brakes are broke, they are just junk. he has replaced the whole caliper and back brake system. it is not that it just broke once, it breaks everytime he fixes it. he also has ITP tires brand new with at least 85% tread where the 500 ho has approx 90%. is it not possible that polaris has meaner tires than a kodiak w/ ITPs. maybe he would have been able to make it through with IRS instead of a solid axle
Old 03-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

how do you explain that stub? what about how he has no back brakes on his kodiak b/c they are junk drum? please tell me the made up stories in this one.
but according to most people on this site honda never ever will break down? and its not that the brakes are broke, they are just junk. he has replaced the whole caliper and back brake system.
You say that you buddy has a kodiak and his back brakes don't work.Then you talk about hondas breaking down and your buddies back brakes being junk.The kodiak is made by yamaha not honda.Then you talk about replacing the whole caliper on drum brakes.Drum brakes don't have calipers.Just one lie after another.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

he replaced the freakin drum brake system whatever in the hell the part is called on an 04 yamaha kodiak 400.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

i refered to honda as them not braking down never said his wheeler was a honda.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:00 AM

stubble you must be really bored to waste time arguing ATV's with someone that knows nothing about them!!!!

Oh i'm sorry except for riding someone else's junk and thinking it's great .
Old 03-23-2005, 03:27 PM

What we've got here is a failya to communicate.....

Quick Reply: ATV Polaris or Honda?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.