Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV Polaris or Honda?

Old 03-03-2005, 06:04 PM

Default RE: ATV Polaris or Honda?

MRWAKE

Stupid? Opinions are fine but no personal attacks please, maybe you should be banned from this forum if you want to resort to putting down fellow posters. People are giving opinions on atvs and that is what was requested in the original posting.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a 325 auto Polaris new in 2002...I ride it hard at least 3 time's a week during non-hunting time's....and just about everyday during hunting reason....Have never had a bit of problem with mine. I'd say 1/2 of the ATV's in my neck of the wood's are Polaris's, and have'nt heard anyone screaming about how lousy they are.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Spike

They are all good macnines. But if you want the McDaddy of them all try Kawasaki's Brute Force.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sam Houston, I've owned nothing but Hondas, but I'm thinking seriously about buying a Kawasaki Brute Force for my next ATV (and letting my son drive the Honda 450). Though I generally like and trust Hondas, I think they're always behind the other companies when it comes to new innovations. Tell me something, can the front differential of that Brute Force be locked so that both front wheels pull equally? Also, does it have 4 wheel disc brakes?
Old 03-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Spike

Sol,

The Brute Force has a limited slip front end. Equal traction can be provided to both front wheels by pulling the yellow grip on the left handlebar (see picture in my previous post). The rear brakes are sealed multi-disc and disc on the front. You can get a more technical description of this machine at the link that I have provided. The transmission is variable speed (and I love it). You have 4X4 on demand, both high and low speed. I have traversed some pretty bad mud and very steep hills. So far, I have never had to lock the front end. But it is nice knowing that it is there. There are many fearures that makes this one of the top ATV's on the market and certainly one of the most powerful. In the end, it boils down to what you like and what the use will be. I certainly did not need a machine like the Brute Force but I can tell you that I have a smile on my face every time I fire it off and head out.

The Brute Force also has hand crank capability and can be started in any gear when the rear brake is applied.

I have heard several people complain about starting their ATV's in cold weather. Mine has never failed to crank on the first attempt when using the choke. I usually close the choke almost immediately after starting and it idles with no problem. The choke is not necessary during warmer weather.

I ride just about every day. So far, I have never had a single problem with it.

Review the link and let me know what you think about it. Better yet, go to a dealer and ride one.

KAWASAKI
Old 03-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had 4 honda's and have never had a wrench put on them except to change oil. I think some of the polaris' and yamaha's are stronger and faster but I to believe honda has the reliability.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sam, yea I'm going to go see one in person at some point, but with a daughter in college, I'm not sure this is the best time to do that cause I'd probably end up bringing one home with me. When our family van is paid off in about 10 months is probably when I'll make a visit to the Kawasaki dealer.

BTW, I noticed one flaw with your machine, the Gator sticker between the handle bars. Replace that with an Ole Miss Rebel sticker and your ride would be just about perfect.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

BTW, I noticed one flaw with your machine, the Gator sticker between the handle bars. Replace that with an Ole Miss Rebel sticker and your ride would be just about perfect.
I noticed that also
Old 03-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Honda and have done some unmentionable things to it. If I bought another ATV, it would be a Honda.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Spike

Sol,

Kawasakin also has a 650 Brute Force. That is enough power to do just about anything that you would want.

I can tell you guys that Gatorland is more excited than we have been in several years. Urban Meyer is the man. I truly would not be surprised to see us win the SEC this year. And hey, the Brute looks even better with the Gator on it.

I don't have anything against the Rebels or the Tide or even the Hogs. I'm not too keen on dawgs.

I live in North Augusta, SC and am trying to find tickets to the Carolina game this year. The Gamecocks are so excited about SOS that tickets can't be found for any of their games.

Good luck with this years hunting season, and good riding.

Sam

Quick Reply: ATV Polaris or Honda?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.