Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Does anyone use Flip-Open Scope Covers? >

Does anyone use Flip-Open Scope Covers?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Does anyone use Flip-Open Scope Covers?

Old 02-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does anyone use Flip-Open Scope Covers?

I got a pair of Butler Creek Flip-Open scope covers for Christmas this year and am a little anxious about using them. I was wondering if anyone uses them or has Butler Creek? I can't wait to brake them out and see how I like them in the woods. Thanks, - Buckhunter14
Old 02-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Does anyone use Flip-Open Scope Covers?

I have them on all of my scopes and will not hunt without them.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:27 PM

I use them and they beat anything else I have found. No more lost caps or slingshot off the scope with those rubber band things.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have them on all my scopes. I try not to hunt with them on as I find them a little distracting. That is, I'll have the covers in place while walking through the woods to my point of ambush and then, when I settle in at my ground blind or ambush spot I'll remove them and put them in my day pack. On the other hand, if I were walking about and a deer showed, I would pop them open immediately and get on target, if possible. It may be the popping the caps open at the moment of truth -- deer walks up the trail you are watching -- makes a audible and oddly foreign sound which would give your presence away.

I recommend getting an extra pair of caps in case you lose one. I have never lost one in three years of hunting, but I did drop one on the ground and not find it until later that day, and it was largely a matter of luck that I did recover it. I have three scopes all identical so one spare set of caps covers all three rifles -- not likely I'll lose more than one cap on any given hunting trip.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Butler Creek scope covers on all my scopes. Love um.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm very glad I got them, I can't wait to use them and it makes the waiting better to have all you saying they are great! Thanks guy, - Buckhunter
Old 02-12-2005, 08:47 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

I have flip ups on all my scopes, but only the CLEAR ones. That way, if I absent-mindedly have them down when a quick shot presents itself, I won't be looking at black plastic.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:45 AM

Yeah Buckhunter14 , I love my Butlers, especially when i'm in my treestand and its raining. When and if ihave to shoot , i just flip them open and have a clear scope to see through .
Old 02-18-2005, 07:54 AM

I used to. . . . don't any more. . .they get bumped off once in a while. Just another goodie to clutter up things.

I just keep a small Chamis in my pocket and wipe when needed.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started using them last year and find them very handy....

Quick Reply: Does anyone use Flip-Open Scope Covers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.