HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Blinds (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/87269-blinds.html)

marktammy 01-20-2005 10:33 PM

Blinds

First I want to thank all that answered my questions referance Binoculars. Every bit helps. I am back with another question referance Blinds. I just want to know what to look for. I have a tree stand I got for Christmas but I think it will be to heavy for as far as we hike in. I would like some help knowing what blind I should look for and what I am looking at. The do's and don'ts. Thanks, Mark

Steve F.in MD 01-21-2005 03:53 AM

RE: Blinds

I have three Ameristep blinds. Here are my observations. The Outhouse is big enough for one person to gun hunt from. Not enough room to shoot a bow. It is the lightest model if you never want to take another person along or bowhunt.

Brickhouse is big enough for two people and to shoot a bow from. I have had the following problems with mine: Hub center pulled through blind fabric causing additional problems. One of the fiberglass wands broke (was quickly replaced at no charge by Ameristep).

Doghouse is not quite as tall as the Brickhouse but is adequate. Probably my favorite at this time. I am thinking about digging a little deeper in my wallet and getting a Double Bull blind. Would have saved myself alot of aggravation if I had done that in the first place.

HTH,

Steve

RoyalWapiti 01-21-2005 07:49 PM

Can't beat a 2Bull. Best blinds available period. Double Bull Archery. Careful about blinds thou, deer will bust you every time unless you bury it in brush, turkeys will walk right up to it, not sure about other critters.

My double bull is from ebay and is the imported version, cheaper made than USA version, but still warranted. But I paid less than retail.

JOE-BEEF 02-19-2005 02:19 PM

If your going to hunt in it yourself , the Outhouse is fine . But for rifle only .

stuckinthereeds 02-19-2005 10:29 PM

One consdieration I look at is what'll happen to the blind when the wind picks up.

Double bull..A little pricy but the best brand out there.

bullmoose38 02-25-2005 05:09 AM

Go with the Double Bull! You will be happy with it. Like the one post said brush it in for deer and dont leave any black holes showing. That will spook deer. Any other game just popup and hunt. Good luck

mrlizzzard 02-25-2005 07:48 AM

I got the cheapy from Meirs store $40 and it goes up and down fast,Put peg's in ground so the blind can move in the wind.I had mine get squashed by heavy snow and wind.Set it up loose and it will be fine. I plan to buy another and place it in another area where I hunt so wind direction will always give me a blind to shoot from.
lizzzard

recurver67 02-25-2005 08:36 PM

watch what you buy , most of these blinds are heavier than a tree stand. I would stay in the tree just to keep your scent above what ever your huntin.

jip40 03-09-2005 07:19 PM

how much does a good ground blind cost?