Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Coverall vs pants and coat

Old 01-17-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Coverall vs pants and coat

What's everyones choice: Do you prefer a coverall type hunting garmet or separate pants and coat?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coverall vs pants and coat

I'd have to vote for a separate pants and coat. For me, coveralls are warmer, in most cases, too warm. If I wear suspenders or bibs, the two piece outfit is just about as warm. I like to be able to have my coat off for the walk in or when I'm field dressing. I also find coveralls more restricting when climbing.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:02 AM

As a bowhunter the coveralls will inhibit my draw if I'm sitting too long. Since I went to bibs and coat, the small of my back stays even warmer and as mentioned, I can yank the coat to walk and stay dry. In Alaska I was able to unzip the legs of the bibs and pull them way up as I got hot packing my caribou out. Instead of having to drop the pack and take them off.

All in all I"ll never go back to coveralls again.

I might consider the sleeping bag type outer layer for extreme cold in stands though. But thats not for traveling. Just like the overbooties. But thats as close as I'll get to coveralls.

Jeff
Old 01-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me its pants or bibs and coat .
I wear 2X because of my chest but find that the coveralls are to long in the body length and the pant area is to large.
I would need a 2X top 1/2 and a XL pant area in short length
Old 01-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Wall's coveralls. The large tall are all but a custom fit for me. Very comfortable and because they are one piece, the camo wears and fades at the same rate.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:00 PM

For cold weather, I prefer insulated bibs and an insulated jacket.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:28 PM

I used to wear a one-piece jumpsuit and i will never go back to it...bibs and a jacket is the best way to go IMO...a good insulated carheart bib is warm enough for anything i do...i wear it bird hunting(if its cool out) to deer hunting and ice fishing...as wingbone said when you are field dressing or walking in and out you can just take off the jacket and your fine....seems more flexible also IMO..
Old 01-21-2005, 07:21 AM

I like coveralls for Turkey. They can be sealed up to prevent the inevitable tick infestation. I like pants, sweater, coat for deer hunts where bugs don't matter and freedom of movement does.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I like coat and pants better than 1 piece garments. I get too hot walking with 1 piece and it presents problems when nature calls unexpectedly. Last time I wore a 1 piece my brothers are still laughing about the sight of me walking out to the truck dressed only in my long johns carrying my 1 piece. I was in a real hurry and careless about where the sleeves were when I let go.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I much rather have the two piece outfit over the coveralls. Coveralls my be somewhat warmer but I find the coveralls restrict me to much when hunting.

Quick Reply: Coverall vs pants and coat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.