Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Problem with new Moultrie trail cam? >

Problem with new Moultrie trail cam?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Problem with new Moultrie trail cam?

Old 12-28-2004, 10:09 PM

Default Problem with new Moultrie trail cam?

My parents bought me a Moultrie trail cam for Christmas (35 mm). I followed the instructions to a T and can't seem to get it to work.

I put in batteries and film, made sure all the settings were right, and put it on the tree. I turned it on and walked in front of it to try to take a test picture, but it wouldn't. The laser came on so it sensed my movement/body heat, but apparently it just won't send a signal to the camera to take a picture. I checked all the connections and did everything I can think of.

Do you think I got a lemon and should return it? Or is there anything I can possibly be doing wrong?? I'm very frustrated with this!
Old 12-28-2004, 11:03 PM

Default RE: Problem with new Moultrie trail cam?

This Here Folks Is Why I Didnt Get A Wal-Mart Cam.
I Would Contact them See What They Say...If You Did Everything They Sugjest Send It In...
Or If You have Reciept Exchange It.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:57 AM

How long is the trigger set for? Make sure you give it some time after you turn it on - mine does the same thing. Make sure you depress the camera test button, and that the camera is not set on IR test mode. Another tip is to use Kodak film - Fuji film will not advance some times.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

My camera has a delay period when you first turn it on. It will not take a pic until 5 minutes has elapsed since turning it to "on". I guess this gives you time to do what you must and then get out of the area. Try waiting for a time and then walk in front of it after ten minutes or so.