Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cabela's or Basspro

Old 02-13-2005, 06:31 PM

Default RE: Cabela's or Basspro

Cabelas all the way
Old 02-16-2005, 12:29 PM

If i have to go shopping with the fam ill go to bass pro in dallas and walk around the hunting section a few hours wishing i had more money, but otherwise i like Cabelas better
Old 02-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

We have neither up here but I order a lot of stuff from Cabela's and it's been very good quality & service. I can't even get a BPS catalogue sent to my home for some reason[:@] I was in Vegas for new years and checked out the Bass Pro at Silverton. I must admit it was nice, but few real smokin deals, especially for Boxing week. I did get a good deal on a fanny pack that would have cost me $70+ up here and only paid $17 there. My vote goes to Cabelas still...Hell, I like the Company so much I bought some stock in the company If someone from Cabelas reads this...please build a store up here or in Montana!!!! JDinAB
Old 02-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cabela's is better from my experience of visiting bothing when in the US. I have only mail ordered a few items and they were from Cabela's.

JD their is BP in Toronto opened in November 2004, I haven't been. I heard they aren't doing a Canadian specific mail order as of yet, but am sure if something was in stock that caught your fancy they'd ship it from TO. With the border tightening many items are not available, so it maybe an option. However like most retail stores once you factor duty/S&H/exchange, the CHEAP part goes pretty quickly.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live 30 minutes away from the DFW BPS. I don't care for their hunting department. Their fishing department is OK. I'm looking forward to Cabela's opening in Fort Worth, Texas. I'll be there when they open with a lot of money.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Grizzlyman, I have been to the DFW BPS, store was ok but I never bought anything. However we spent some in the Big Buck eatery which was very good and us canuck boys quite enjoyed the sampler tray of brews (a number of times). Must say the view that afternoon wasn't to bad either.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Fork Horn

There is no Basspro in my area but we do have a Cabela'a and have shopped there.
One thing they are not cheap by any means but good stuff.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ditto
Old 02-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find I shop more at Cabelas. Both are great, but I think Cabelas has more products to offer.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

I live 30 minutes away from the DFW BPS. I don't care for their hunting department. Their fishing department is OK. I'm looking forward to Cabela's opening in Fort Worth, Texas. I'll be there when they open with a lot of money.
I like the DFW BPS. I wish they had a little more reloading stuff. Now, I do like their fishing section. Nearly all my fishing gear is from BPS. I'll have to stay away from Fort Worth when they get the Cabela's in. Otherwise, I'll be scratching a broke butt!

Quick Reply: Cabela's or Basspro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.