Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cabela's or Basspro

Old 12-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabela's or Basspro

i really love and use both but for whatever reason it always seems i get better deals from bass pro. just bought a muzzleoader for 99$. cabelas had it for 149$ i know im probably in the minority based on this same question last year. the cabelas catalogs are certainly bigger but the things i didnt like is when i called the 800 number the woman said cabelas dont price match . when you buy items from bass pro-red head you get points saved twords next prchases. with cabelas i think you have to use there credit card only. i get my items in about the same time. some think one is faster than the other but i really think its where you live. i rarely have a problem with either.ive been to the cabelas store in hamburg pennsy and its awesome. the only complaint i have is with the bargain cave. if they think taking 20 cents off a product is a good deal i dont know what there thinking?all i saw was opened up crap all over the place at not much of a mark down. my loyalty is with who-s got a better price
Old 12-25-2004, 11:52 AM

I like 'em both but I generally order more stuff from Cabela's than BPS. I don't have to pay sales tax from Cabela's but do from BPS which can be a factor sometimes on higher priced items. They both have their places though. I have a Cabelas relatively close to me in K.C. Kansas and a BPS under construction in Independence, MO which is closer yet so life don't get any better for the outdoorsman than that!
Old 12-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

I like the Cabelas brand better than Red Head/ Basss Pro. Both are good on returns but I find myself ordering from cabelas most of the time.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:27 AM

Cabela's

We have a store aprox 40 minutes from home and just enjoy Cabelas more. But I shop Gander Mountain too, they have some good sales at times.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Typical Buck

Cabela's for hunting and flyfishing. Bass has never had what I'm looking for.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cabelas. The Bass Pro guys don't seem to know as much about hunting like the Cabela guys do.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Cabela's-
I have ordered from both and Cabelas delivers to me much faster. However, BPS did have a special with no interest and payments stretched over 6 months.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Bass Pro-
Yea the prices are about the same. But when you go to a Hunting Classic, you will realize ho much Bass Pro cares about your bussiness. I went to one this fall in St. Louis, and it was awesome.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Has anyone ever been to a Sportsmans Warehouse?
Old 12-30-2004, 03:25 PM

We've got a Cabela's in KC so that's the place for me. I think I'd live inside it if they'd let me.

Quick Reply: Cabela's or Basspro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.