HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Warm, Dry, Lightweight Boots?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/8359-warm-dry-lightweight-boots.html)

dogbone65 09-02-2002 05:59 AM

RE: Warm, Dry, Lightweight Boots??

If your looking for rubber boots try Woody's muck boots ran into these and have heard guys on this board mention them. Once I try them on You will use them for everything

ScottFisher 09-09-2002 11:48 PM

I have the same boots as goalieman, except they only have 400 gr of thinsilate, by the way if you do buy them dont get the all camo ones their butt ugly!

Scott

e-mail me [email protected]

Bill Curlis 09-10-2002 09:48 AM

I have had really good luck with the Rocky Outbacks.

rickpal7 09-13-2002 07:47 PM

I bought a pair of Wolverines last year and they are GREAT!!! Warm and very dry. They are the model that are leather and cloth on the uppers with 600grams of Thinsulate. They also come in camo. I highly recommend them.

Luke 1:37 09-16-2002 12:41 PM

I had 2 pairs of Rocky Bear claws. They both leaked so I got a pair of Lacrosse dual systems. They have 200 grams of Thinsulate sewn in and another 600 gram removable liners. I however use Lacrosse Burly's and Grange most of the time.

dbretz 09-16-2002 01:45 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
While I am at it, I guess I could ask around to see what boots people like these days. I have an old pair of Kodiak lightweight boots that I really like, but can't keep alive any longer. I want a good boot that does not cost an arm and a leg. Or a foot. If anyone has a favorite, please let me know. Thanks.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

dbretz 09-16-2002 01:47 PM

Ten years of hunting and only two pair of Rocky's!!! The lightest boot out there. They are actually lighter thatn some sneakers I have had. You can't beat them, especially for the price...........

skeeter 7MM 09-21-2002 01:26 AM

I have Rocky Bear Claw II's, 1000 grams of thinsulate, goretex and all that good stuff...but a little heavy. I do second you can take them out of the box and wear them without a blister...comfy! I also second the Irish Setter Big Game Hunters, 800 gr of Thinsulate, gortex and all that good stuff...but way lighter than my BC II's. They don't feel as good as the rocky's out of the box to my feet...but after a couple of times they are a nice boot. I recommend them or rocky's to anyone. I think that Rocky's may last longer...but I paid double the price for the BC's over the Irish Setters.

Redman60 09-22-2002 04:19 AM

<font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'>I just purchased a pair of the new Wolverine King Caribou boots. All camo condura outer/Gore-Tex with 800 grams Thinsulate. Very comfy and extremly lightweight. 2.7 lbs! I got em at Dicks Sports (reg $150) on sale $119. Cableas has them in catalog. They are nice - check em out.

Quikkill 09-26-2002 08:59 AM

I like the Irish Setter Deer Stalker, with 600 grams of Thinsulate, and Scent Shield built right into the boot. Just as comfortable as my tennis shoes after I broke them in.

&quot;When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom.&quot;&quot;
Author
-Chief Sitting Bull