Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Russell mocassin boots

Old 12-10-2004, 11:54 AM

Default Russell mocassin boots

Few years back I obtained a pair of their South 40 Birdshooters for Upland hunting. Love them thus far. I'd like to order a pair of thier custom made High Country Hunters for 2005 Elk hunting. Any one have any experience with their Mountain style boots?

Big Al
Old 12-13-2004, 06:04 AM

Default RE: Russell mocassin boots

I can't speak for the mountain boots, but I have a pair of Country Squire South 40 Birdshooters and I custom designed the whole boot, including the gm thinsulate insulation and soles (I went with lighter Aspen Gumlite). I don't think you could go wrong with any of their boots, personally. I'm thinking of getting some of their boat shoes ;-)
Old 12-14-2004, 02:51 PM

Default RE: Russell mocassin boots

Did I read that right-you designed your own boot? Where do I find these guys-wear a 4E width and can never find good boots.