Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Purchasing from Cabela's

Old 12-03-2004, 12:32 PM
Spike

Default Purchasing from Cabela's

What do you think? Is it better to purchase from the on-line store, or actually go to a Cabela's and purchase items there?

I'm thinking of a road-trip before Christmas, but I don't want to waste a few hours in the car for nothing.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:47 PM

Default RE: Purchasing from Cabela's

I've always been content with the online store.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always like going to the store but if you don’t want to go, the online store is also excellent. If you do plan on going, maybe you should call first to see if they have what you want before heading out.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:37 PM

If you are just buying-then the online store is best by far! If you are buying and browsing then there is nothing like being in the store-I go mostly to be reenergized by fellow sportsmen.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

The online or phone route is fine for most items. But when buying clothes and footware nothing beats seeing the product first hand.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:22 PM

OnLine is good ,except shipping can get pricey
Old 12-03-2004, 08:18 PM

I have the pleasure/curse of having a Cabela's 30 minutes from my home. I have found that the inventory is 'slightly' less than that of the online store or catalog for that matter. However, I have made most of my purchases within their bargain cave, and that has proven to be well worth my drive time. I do wonder what the Outlet store in Owatonna would be like...

Regards,

GS
Old 12-03-2004, 08:52 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Since I live in Los Angeles (1550 miles from the nearest store), I prefer online (or phone).
Old 12-04-2004, 03:10 AM
Typical Buck

Online store will have everything you need,BUT I was at the Cabelas store in West Virginia last week and I thought I died an went to sportsmans heaven,a trip to cabelas is a must at some point!
Old 12-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

I've been to the Sidney store many times for from where I hunt ducks it is 35 minutes away. The sellection is good, though there is more in the catalog. Cabela's will be openning a 200,000 sq ft store on a 140 acres in Wheat Ridge, Co (western suburb of Denver) in 2006 complete with ponds and a indoor archery range.

Quick Reply: Purchasing from Cabela's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.