HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Rem. copper solids (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/80445-rem-copper-solids.html)

jerseyhunter 11-25-2004 05:21 PM

Rem. copper solids

Anyone use them for your slug guns? and if so how do you like them? or not.

Deerslayer_37 11-25-2004 07:30 PM

RE: Rem. copper solids

i use them, they shoot well in my gun. they expand perfect, and hold together well. they pack quite a punch. i love 'em

slayer

jrbsr 11-25-2004 08:44 PM

i use them, they shoot well in my gun. they expand perfect, and hold together well. they pack quite a punch. i love 'em

slayer
How are they compared to lead ?

Are they the same weight ?

And does it foul up the barrel with copper ?

Indiana Dude 11-25-2004 09:40 PM

I use them in my shotgun and muzzleloader, I wont use anything else. Love em!!:)

Roger46982 11-26-2004 03:09 AM

Used them before I found out how awesome a muzzleloader is. Fairly accurate out to 75 yds. Had plastic fouling problems from the sabot.

uncle matt 12-12-2004 12:18 PM

We have two dedicated slug guns, both H&R Ultras. Mine is a 12 Deluxe and my son's a 20 standard.

The 20 absolutely loves the Copper Solids and is a real tack driver, pleasure to shoot.

My 12 doesn't do too well with them though. It drives the tacks with Brenekke Gold Magnums. "Rather large" flame discharge from the Gold Mags, too. It was rather chilly when we were out shooting last and with each shot I could feel a real heat blast come back over my face.

Uncle Matt (in IL)

IL-Cornfed 12-15-2004 11:30 AM

Absolutely devastating sulgs!!! I have used the Copper Solids since their intro in the early/mid 90's. I realize that they have gone under a slight redesign but they have always been incredible performers. In fact, every slugger we have thrown them through except a Browning Gold cantilevered barrel has loved them more than any other designs. This is indeed a 100+ yard slug. In fact, I took my best slug buck in '95 that was "crushed" at 110 yards broadside with this slug. At the shot the buck collasped in his tracks! That animal dressed 255# and scored 169 3/8" B&C. The slug had passed easily through both shoulders and expanded fully! A+ performance. This is one of MANY success stories that we have had since. My brother took a Doe the first evening of our slug season this year and again the Copper Solid demonstarted it's effectiveness!!! The shot was only 30 yards and quartering but the angle allowed the slug to expand fully and completely shattered the leg bones! The deer was obviously killed instantly but the hole blew my mind! The exit wound was the size of my fist!!! I can't see any of us ever using a different slug in our guns! :D

DUCKSTAMPEDE 12-15-2004 02:00 PM

Used em once and didn't care for them.

IL-Cornfed 12-16-2004 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: DUCKSTAMPEDE

Used em once and didn't care for them.
OoooooK...... that's certainly a cheap answer! Would you care to elaborate please? What kind of experience have you had with them, I'm curious? Considering you've only used 'em ONCE? [&:]

JONES 1969 12-26-2004 09:08 PM

Only thing my cousin will use great shooting slug.