Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rem. copper solids

Old 11-25-2004, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Rem. copper solids

Anyone use them for your slug guns? and if so how do you like them? or not.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:30 PM

Default RE: Rem. copper solids

i use them, they shoot well in my gun. they expand perfect, and hold together well. they pack quite a punch. i love 'em

slayer
Old 11-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

i use them, they shoot well in my gun. they expand perfect, and hold together well. they pack quite a punch. i love 'em

slayer
How are they compared to lead ?

Are they the same weight ?

And does it foul up the barrel with copper ?
Old 11-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

I use them in my shotgun and muzzleloader, I wont use anything else. Love em!!
Old 11-26-2004, 03:09 AM
Typical Buck

Used them before I found out how awesome a muzzleloader is. Fairly accurate out to 75 yds. Had plastic fouling problems from the sabot.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

We have two dedicated slug guns, both H&R Ultras. Mine is a 12 Deluxe and my son's a 20 standard.

The 20 absolutely loves the Copper Solids and is a real tack driver, pleasure to shoot.

My 12 doesn't do too well with them though. It drives the tacks with Brenekke Gold Magnums. "Rather large" flame discharge from the Gold Mags, too. It was rather chilly when we were out shooting last and with each shot I could feel a real heat blast come back over my face.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 12-15-2004, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely devastating sulgs!!! I have used the Copper Solids since their intro in the early/mid 90's. I realize that they have gone under a slight redesign but they have always been incredible performers. In fact, every slugger we have thrown them through except a Browning Gold cantilevered barrel has loved them more than any other designs. This is indeed a 100+ yard slug. In fact, I took my best slug buck in '95 that was "crushed" at 110 yards broadside with this slug. At the shot the buck collasped in his tracks! That animal dressed 255# and scored 169 3/8" B&C. The slug had passed easily through both shoulders and expanded fully! A+ performance. This is one of MANY success stories that we have had since. My brother took a Doe the first evening of our slug season this year and again the Copper Solid demonstarted it's effectiveness!!! The shot was only 30 yards and quartering but the angle allowed the slug to expand fully and completely shattered the leg bones! The deer was obviously killed instantly but the hole blew my mind! The exit wound was the size of my fist!!! I can't see any of us ever using a different slug in our guns!
Old 12-15-2004, 02:00 PM

Used em once and didn't care for them.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DUCKSTAMPEDE

Used em once and didn't care for them.
OoooooK...... that's certainly a cheap answer! Would you care to elaborate please? What kind of experience have you had with them, I'm curious? Considering you've only used 'em ONCE? [&:]
Old 12-26-2004, 09:08 PM

Only thing my cousin will use great shooting slug.

Quick Reply: Rem. copper solids

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.