Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

powerbelt bullets?

Old 11-21-2004, 06:49 PM

Default powerbelt bullets?

Has neone used them..i am shooting a 180 grain powerbelt in my thompson center xr black diamond .45 cal with 150 grains of pyrodex pellets...they shoot excellent and load perfectly easy...anyone else as pleased wtih them as i?
Old 11-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: powerbelt bullets?

I shoot a Knight 45 cal Super Disc & hated Powerbelts, I sold all the ones I had left on Ebay. I could not get near the accuracy I do with Sabots.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:08 PM

I use powerbelts in my CVA Firebolt and have been satisfied with their accuracy and ease of loading. Each gun is different but they work fine in my muzzleloader.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have four 50cal muzzleloaders, two Knights and two traditions, using the 195 grain with 100 grams of pyrodex, have not had a problem. i really like the ease of loading.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:26 PM

Me and my dad have traditional muzzleloaders and he used them. He really liked them. He leveled an elk with one. The only thing he said was that it gets harder to load as you shoot more of them because with a patch and ball it is constantly cleaning the barrel, but with the powerbelts, you are never cleaning, so you get it fouled easier. They shot good out of our guns though.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

i have them for my knight disc and love them. I think they are a lot better then sabots just because you dont have to clean after every 3 shots
Old 11-22-2004, 08:35 PM

That's what I'm shooting in my CVA hunterbolt, I like the Powerbelts and though I am fairly inexperienced with muzzie's, my boyfriend says they are awesome and the best bullet he's ever used, they are very easy loading and very accurate and you only have to clean your muzzie after every 10 shots or so compared to after every shot.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

i think they SUCK. yes, they are easy to load but they dont put the deer down like sabot's do. ive actually witnessed a powerbelt hitting a rib on a doe broadside and turning 90 degrees inside the deer. i used them for 2 years and gave all the rest of them away. im back to knight sabots or barnes bullets.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

you only have to clean your muzzie after every 10 shots or so compared to after every shot.
BHG, the reason a ML should be swabbed is to remove the propellent residue as well. Most likely being a CVA with a CVA bullet you've found a effecient load persay and therefore the accuracy degrade is less than others but 10 shots is a lot and if using T7 Loose I would be swabbing way more regularily. The only ML I would shoot 10 times without swabbing would be a Savage ML 10II using smokeless powder.

I tried some a guy at the range was raving about I never found a reason to buy any as my accuracy and game performance has been outstanding with the Hornady Sabots - XTP & now SST.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:47 AM

From what I've read/ been told , the powerbelts perform best in CVA's and with lower powder charges ( 100 grs & below ). I've used the T/C mag express & the 250 grain hollow point powerbelts. When using over a 100 grain charge the T/C's seened to be more accurate.

Quick Reply: powerbelt bullets?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.