Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
does weight of your climber bother you? >

does weight of your climber bother you?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

does weight of your climber bother you?

Old 04-13-2002, 09:55 AM

Default does weight of your climber bother you?

If you have a climbing treestand and it is heavy does it bother you? I am thinking about getting one. I would like a simple ligt-weight one but a bulky one would be more comforatable for me. Whats your opinion?
Old 04-13-2002, 12:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-13-2002, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: does weight of your climber bother you?

I have both the old version and new version Treelounges.The old version is somewhat heavier. I use my 4 wheeler but still have to carry my stands some.Once you are settled in the comfort out weighs the chore of carrying.I would only use a climber suitable for all day hunting.The smaller lightweight models would be alright for a couple hour hunt.I wouldn't recommend a Treelounge.There are so many good climbers out there. Talk to people and see what they use and would recommend.See if you can try them out before buying one.Unless you plan on carrying one 5 miles or so I wouldn't worry about a little extra weight. Comfort and safety are my top priorities. Ruger Redhawk
Old 04-13-2002, 10:11 PM

The older I get the more the weight bothers me but I can live with it for the comfort when I do get up my tree. I have a Trophy Whitetail that I ordered from Scott's in Florida. This stand is convertible to both gun and bow hunting and I use it for both. The biggest draw back to any climbing stand is the noise you make carrying the stand into the woods and the limbs rubbing it and all. They make noise setting them up and climbing too. I do not like hunting on the ground because I can never get comfortable and if you can't then you aren't going to be still.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get a Summit Bushmaster...16 lbs.
Old 04-14-2002, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

A lot of carrying a stand also depends on the backstraps used to carry it. The better padded straps makes it much more comfortable to carry even heavier stands. I prefer a fold up flat carrying stand because its much easier to carry through brush, but there aren't too many fold ups around.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:43 PM

We have the first version of the tree lounge its a bit heavy but once you've climbed up the tree its great.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:00 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-17-2002, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to prefer the models in the 18-20 lb range myself. That usually provides decent stability and comfort while still allowing it to be relatively easy to carry for most hunters.
Old 04-24-2002, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the older version of the Treelounge. I have never found it to be too much of a burden to carry. With the bow hunting platform it is a little more noisy while being carried. It is a very comfortable "all day" stand too. For gun hunting, to me it is as good as they come. The bow platform is smaller than I'd like it to be and sometimes when I go to stand up, it creaks! If I were looking for a climber for strictly bow hunting I'd look at some of the others on the market though.

Edited by - jagmagman on 04/24/2002 14:40:49

Quick Reply: does weight of your climber bother you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.