Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
does weight of your climber bother you? >

does weight of your climber bother you?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

does weight of your climber bother you?

Old 05-01-2002, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: does weight of your climber bother you?

I'll sacrifice weight for comfort, you gotta be comfy and be able to sit idle for hours.
A few years back I was relocateing my stand out on my back, and tripped and the weight of the stand sled forward and knocked me out cold, and ended up with a search party looking for me, stitches, and most of all, had to miss the next day hunting. I was in a good spot too.
Old 05-02-2002, 02:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

No ,but my weight bothered my climber,so I lost weight
Old 05-02-2002, 05:35 PM

lol@cardeer
Old 05-03-2002, 08:50 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-05-2002, 10:09 AM

I have a Summit it wieghs about 17.5 lbs kinda hard when walking up steeo hills. But it is awesome stand anyway. The only thing I dont like about it is its too comfortable. It makes you want to fall asleep. I havent fell asleep in it yet knock on wood!!!
Old 05-06-2002, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

My climber now weighs about 14 lbs. total, so I can't complain. It's a big improvement from the 25 lb. Amacker Deer Thief I used to use.
Old 05-11-2002, 10:23 AM
Spike

I got Buckshot Bigshot Magnum, and it too, is heavy, but for the big man it is difficult to find strength in a light weight stand. These are big, roomy, comfortable with a rap around bar that gives a little security, in case you're been known to doze off on occation. And with a 375lb. rating, I can haul about anything I want 20 foot or more in the air. (That is, if I can carry it all in) I almost bought a Tree Lounge. They look very comfortable, but thought the fold up Bigshot might be easier to use and it is rated for more weight. That was a pretty impressive video that Tree Lounge sends out though.
Old 06-07-2002, 03:07 PM

Got the Summit Vipre extreme XL about 21lbs but it packes very well and is easy to set up. Give it a good look before you buy one.Practice and BE SAFE
Old 06-09-2002, 09:05 PM

I have a "API Shootin Star" climbing treestand I got it from cabelas apx $200.00. It weights 20lbs with a 19x28 platform and is very comfortable. I always wear the saftey harness, because its so comfortable its easy to fall asleep in.(Its a long way down)
Just my 2cents worth.
Old 06-13-2002, 12:34 PM

Tree Stands what a topic. Boy can you get alot of money rapped up in these things. I haven't yet found a treestand suitable for all hunting situations. I have about six stands my last count and am probably going to buy another one next saturday. I have both the old and new treelounges,3 lock on stands,a summit climber,a old man climber and sold another old man stand last year, and am fixing to buy a api climber for bow hunting. I don't think there is a better way of hunting then there is by a treestand. And since I have had 2 lower back surgerys I try my best to look for the lightest stand possible, the api that I will be purchasing is suppose to wiegh only 17 #. You almost have to rich to be in this sport. Good hunting, hunter

Robert Petty

Quick Reply: does weight of your climber bother you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.