Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris 700 H.O.

Old 12-16-2004, 05:12 PM

Default RE: Polaris 700 H.O.

I have the 02 sportsman 400 as well, It has been a fantastic machine and very economical to drive. It has a large tank(5+ gal) so it goes pretty far . I pull my boat
with it (1800lbs) with no problem and I think it is one of the best mud machines around.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:15 AM

I hunt,have some acerage,and sell atv's.What's in my garage you say?Polaris Ranger! 2005 w/IRS.It's a huntin,mowin,hauling machine,even my wife loves it.It hauls my blind,decoy,stand or whatever plus 2 more hunting buddies.Big fuel tank,quiet,loads in reg. pick up.From what I see in sales here's what's hot.A small atv with front locker,or a side by side like Ranger or Rhino,Kaw has a new one as well as others.

The advantage of a small atv is easy to see it will go more places,just about as fast ,it's easy to load and won't bust the bank.Just make sure you can lock the front axle in 4wd.

And don't forget a little trailer for all your gear,that's one of our most overlooked hunting accessories.

hope this helps,
lizzzard
Old 12-17-2004, 08:42 AM

All good on the 02 Grizzly front. No problems as of yet! I did take it in to get the recall done on it... (Overheating issue). As for the Polaris 700 H.O., I've only had to pull one out of the woods due to mechanical failure!!! So they seem to be getting better! IMO the best ATV Polaris has ever put out is the 500 H.O. that would be a Polaris I wouldn't mind having.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Well I ended up buying a friend of mine 2001 Polaris 500 H.O. He put all of the bumpers on it. It was kept in his garage and it only had 1300 miles on it.
He wanted to sell it and buy a new 800 H.O. Why I dont know seems like that would be a little too much bike to me. But to each their own .

I have been on two hard hunts with my 500 and have not had any problems as of yet.

Thanks for all of your replies.
hunter338
Old 12-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

FYI The Twin Peaks sold by Suzuki is a Kawaski Prarie rebadged. However the new King Quad is built completely in house by Suzuki......no Kaw parts on it.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:28 PM

doe from what i have heard kawasaki and suzuki are like one company now.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Fork Horn

polaris is about the best you can get-american made
Old 12-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Where do you suppose that the Hondas are built?Could it be in the U.S. Honda plant?
Old 12-23-2004, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetail_fanatic

You work for the polaris marketing dept?? they are the best in the marketing area but thats it!!!!!

Honda's are built in the U.S.!! And they are the BEST!!

But this arguement goes on and on. and i have come to the conclusion to just let people buy the polaris junk and laugh my a** off when they start breaking.
AND THEY WILL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: soarkrebel

doe from what i have heard kawasaki and suzuki are like one company now.

Suzuki and Kawisaki made an agreement when it came to there ATV's and Dirtbikes to help cut costs therefore there bikes and ATV's share alot of similarities. Yamaha and Honda have a strangle hold when it comes to ATV's and Dirtbikes so they had this established to save each company $$$ so they manufacture interchangable parts for there machines. When it comes to streetbikes and other machines they share no similarities so the companies remain independent.

Quick Reply: Polaris 700 H.O.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.