Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

which summit treestand?

Old 12-09-2004, 11:38 AM

Default RE: which summit treestand?

I am a very large man, 6'4" and 350 lbs. Do you know of a climber that can handle that? Right now I am using ladder stands which I love but like the idea of the flexability of a climber. Is the Summit Goliath large enough?
Old 12-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a very large man, 6'4" and 350 lbs
I dont think summit makes an elevator!!
Old 12-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well illbowhunter, 350 is what its rated for, I don't know of any other climbers that are rated any higher than the Goliath, heres a link.

http://www.summitstands.com/catalog....standsProducts
Old 12-10-2004, 05:55 PM

Second post here..... Great site.. been lurking for awhile but I just have to review this stand.

Just got a ViperXLS stand and used it for the first time this evening. All I can say is un "Bleepin" believable. So easy to set up, safe comfortable, I just can't believe I have waited this long to replace my old stand. I have been hunting out of a TM Hunter for years (show my age alittle) Although this was state of the art in its day, what a peice of crap. I must admit, it has served many years of hunting, many years of huggin a tree to climb, many years standing for hours till I would have to kick the tree just to get feeling back in my feet, many years of that oh so slight slip that gives you the cold sweats and races the old ticker a bit.

For my first trip out with it, (in the rain) it was pure joy (except for the rain) I still have to develope my little systems with it, and maybe a few minor mods, (bungee for speed stirrups) but I just can't wait to get it back out for a nice long morning or afternoon hunt. Going from a waist tether to the 4 point harness is going to take some getting use to also, very awkward with the strap above my head. I sat in the seat, turned and sat on the bar , even stood awhile (out of habit) I'm guessing you can tell what I think of it after my first time out. all in all.........................un "bleepin believable.

If your thinking about one, get it!! You won't be sorry

Mark